Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

@ OlivierB

Thanks for the answer, this helps indeed! We also got the paperwork recently so everything is clear now.

Regarding your question. Well to be honest, I actually haven't heard of this Beijing Language University Transfer arrangement. We will most likely fly from Brussels airport to Shanghai and from there take a hardseat train to Hangzhou (about 2 hours by train I think). The costs of these hardseats are included in the scholarship so no expenses done.

Another possibility is to fly from Amsterdam airport (Schiphol) with KLM which flies directly to Hangzhou. Transport expenses from Belgium to Amsterdam aren't included though, only the hardseat train in China itself.

Hope this is helpful, if you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• New Members

American applicant here who just received notice of a full scholarship

Dear Chinese Government Scholarship Applicant,

Congratulations from the Chinese Embassy!

We just received the result from China today.

You are approved by the experts panel and the CSC to be enrolled with a full Chinese Government Scholarship for the new fall semester in China.

I hope this message reaches you well and please confirm with me your american mailing address as soon as possible so as to send you the visa application materials and the admission letter on time.

On the letter, you may find the actual institution that recruits and hosts you.

Best wishes,

1) What is your native country? Chile

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Chile

3) When did you apply? March 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Last year, I wasn't accepted

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. ZHEJIANG SCI-TECH UNIVERSITY 2. ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY 3. NINGBO UNIVERSITY

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? The Chinese Embassy in Chile

10) Where did you get your physical done? In a local hospital in Chile.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Just paid US$60 to get an official sealed transcript from my university in the U.S.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I do not know.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? By celphone

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 17th 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY for one year language program.

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington DC

3) When did you apply? April 2012

4) When was the deadline? April 30

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Master's Degree

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Nanjing University 2. Nanjing Normal University 3. Southeast University

9) What agency number did you use? The Chinese Embassy in Washington DC

10) Where did you get your physical done? At a travel clinic in Nanjing

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Had my parents go to a notary in a government office in my hometown.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? N/A?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, the full scholarship

14) How were you notified? Email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 17th, 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Master's Degree at Nanjing University.

If you want to apply for the scholarship using Nanjing University as your "dispatching agency", you have to apply in mid December. I did not know this; I was only aware of the CSC deadline. Luckily, I bypassed the International Office at Nanjing University by simply applying through the Chinese Embassy in the US and listing Nanjing University as my first choice. Later, I was contacted by an admissions officer at Nanjing University and scheduled an interview with him and the department chair(I was in Nanjing at the time). This was when I was accepted to the University(about the end of May), but nobody was able to give me a clear answer on the scholarship until today. I was pretty confident I would receive it since the interview went so well, but due to the lack of transparency with this whole process, I still felt a certain degree of uneasiness as the days kept rolling by. Just remember, if Nan Da is your goal, and you missed the December deadline, don't give up hope! Just apply directly through your country's embassy or other relevant institution.

I also got the notice of full scholarship today from the embassy in DC. I'll post the detailed write-up when I get the admission notice and find out which school.

*Potential visa issue?: I applied as a self-funding student at School A and have already arranged to hitch a 15 hr. round trip ride to/from my nearest consulate later this week to apply for my visa using the form School A sent me. If I find out the scholarship is for a different school, do I need to plan on going back to Consulate City to somehow cancel/change/amend the visa application?

(*Yes, I know this isn't a visa thread. But it's a visa question specific to a scholarship situation, so it kind of is?)

To all Pakistanis, who applied through Ministry of IPC

Have you received any word about the award?

I know from past experience that IPC people dont tell the unsuccessful ones that there names are not on the list. Instead they just keep saying that they havnt received results, meanwhile they keep calling the successful ones. So if anyone of us has received a call, it would mean that the others havent been so lucky. Kindly share if you have been notified, so the rest of us can rest in peace. :P

I was told about a month ago by the foreign student's office at huazhong university of science and technology that i had received the scholarship for the language program. there still has not been any official announcement concerning the language scholarship program. i have been to the foreign student's office a couple of times and they basically treat me like i am trouble. they tell me not to worry. but, this is all starting to get to me and has been very frustrating. i would really like to know what is going and if anything is really going to happen. is there anyone else i can contact to get some sort of information?

I have also been facing the same trouble.

I applied through IPC Pakistan.

I contacted the concerned person, Mr. Sadozia. He told that the candidates have to wait till August. IPC will receive the final selection from China embassy in the month of August.

Can anyone share the further procedures, if one gets selected for the scholarship.

• New Members

Hello everyone. I've just been awarded a full scholarship from Peking University, for a masters degree from 2014-2017 with 2 years of Chinese language study beforehand from 2012 to 2014. On my admission notice it says that all my master's fees will be covered, but does not mention that the scholarship covers my Chinese language study from 2012 to 2014. So my question is does the full scholarship also cover this Chinese language study?

• New Members

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in DC

3) When did you apply? March 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 15th I think?

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Never

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Sichuan University 2. Southwest University of Finance and Economics 3. BLCU

9) What agency number did you use? The Chinese Embassy in DC

10) Where did you get your physical done? My university's clinic

11) How did you get your documents notarized? It's actually free at my school

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Official red stamps? I didn't do that, maybe the Embassy did for me?

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? Email from the Embassy

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 18th 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Sichuan University for two year language program.

Super excited! But still a little on the fence, to be honest. I wish they would provide more information. They just told me "Ya got it!" I had to ask what school and for how long. And now I just have a million more questions. I'm assuming the folks at Sichuan Uni will be of more help than the Embassy.

For those who have gotten the scholarship before, were you able to negotiate? I'm starting to think maybe 1 year, not two. Or maybe I want my own apartment, not a dorm room, I hope it's negotiable.

And of course, anyone else who gets accepted to a school in Chengdu/Chongqing, let's get in touch and have some spicy food together! :)