Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

I am almost ready to submit my application, but I just wanted a clarification as whether it is okay to write my signature on my photo (half on the photo/half on the form) as suggested or would it be better to get a seal placed on the photo (getting that done that would be difficult for me)

anyone who just wrote his/her signature and was rewarded the scholarship, i just don't want that to be a deciding factor

thanks, and suggestions are appreciated

Cmoss

I am almost ready to submit my application, but I just wanted a clarification as whether it is okay to write my signature on my photo (half on the photo/half on the form) as suggested or would it be better to get a seal placed on the photo (getting that done that would be difficult for me)

anyone who just wrote his/her signature and was rewarded the scholarship, i just don't want that to be a deciding factor

thanks, and suggestions are appreciated

the half on photo half on paper signature is for the foreigner physical examination report. the doctor will do that.

my question: Do I give a passport size photo or a stamp size photo. the space in the online printout looks too small for passport size and too big for stamp. passport size is standard right?and do i have to get it attested at the back?

Heres the completed foreigner physical examination form incase anyone is confused abt it.

@BRIAN feel free to include it in 2014 thread for ref

2s8iped.jpg

zuks9h.jpg

if u dont need glasses/contacts then VISION=CORRECTED VISION

My doctor didnt sign on my pic since she already put a seal on it.

Also the clinic already had the form so they didnt use the print out i took. they typed everything and scanned and pasted my pic into it by themselves. BUT HANDWRITTEN WOULD BE FINE TOO.

@Ronder Keller

since u'l be sending photocopies of the form, the csc people cant see behind the pic. the point of having seal and/or signature on photo and form is to make sure its ur pic. try getting a seal and/or signature on ur photo and form so that its visible when u photocopy it.

have any of you guys received any reply from CSC so far? If not, do you have any idea about when we can expect to hear from them? I applied for Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in Chengdu. Did anybody else apply for that school?

I called the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (The entity that will handle the documents before sending them to the Chinese Embassy and CSC), they said they will just review the applications after the end of the deadline, which will be in 5 days, I asked him how many candidates sent applications so far, he said it was about 12... There are 15 scholarships for Brazil... So I hope I'll get one. So, regarding CSC, I'll just have an official answer by the end of July. Meanwhile I'll just apply for the visa with my letter from Beiyu which now is on its way to Brazil. :D

• New Members

Hi Brian, thanks massively for tirelessly helping us all on this board. Just wondering, however, if there's any chance of possibly getting contact information for a guarantor that could be listed on my application (the last thing left for me to do!) Thanks!

gergana

I have a problem. I can't enter into 20 pages restriction. Shall I provide the blood tests and the x-ray with the copy of my Physical examination form?

just include photocopies of ur physical examination form and blood tests. having 20 pages is NOT a must. it just says that u cannot EXCEED 20 pages. having less than 20 pgs is OK

@wensente: lol thats what my 1st doctor did too, but then I found the clinic thats set up primarily for this purpose. that was a relief

@dane and mokangwei: Good Luck!

MoKangWei, I am also from Brazil.

I am going to send my application tomorrow.

I tried to call them, but no answer. I have a question about the Guarantor, does he need to be someone in China?

Did you send 3 or 2 copies of application form?

I have a quick question. I recently applied for the scholarship, and have since decided that I want to study in China even if I don't get it. Is it ok for me to go ahead and apply separately to schools on my own now, or will doing that somehow confuse the process? Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't cause problems? Thanks for the help!

Has anyone applied for the CSC scholarships through the universities directly? If so, do you know when you should be hearing back? I am nervously waiting on Tsinghua, we are apparently meant to be told in March, but I am not sure if this is to say if you have been awarded a scholarship or just to let you know you have ben nominated for the scholarship?

As March is coming to a close, Im nervously and impatiently waiting...

Do you think I could be granted an MA scholarship later on if now I apply for just two years of language learning at one of the centers? Have you heard of anyone who has got this scholarship more than just once?

I am just a bit afraid that they wouldn't give me the, for me, more important Masters scholarship when I need it in a few years because I already used up this scholarship once.

Has anyone applied for the CSC scholarships through the universities directly? If so, do you know when you should be hearing back? I am nervously waiting on Tsinghua, we are apparently meant to be told in March, but I am not sure if this is to say if you have been awarded a scholarship or just to let you know you have ben nominated for the scholarship?

i did. Then i have received pre-admission notice from my Uni. They said that i was accepted to the Uni and now they sent my application docs directly to the CSC for approbation.