Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

Actually, perhaps they released last year's results earlier than usual. Results are usually announced some time around July by the CSC. However, Individual universities may publish their list on their websites earlier.

Perhaps you can try searching baidu.com or Google for "[your full name] 中国政府奖学金" and see if it comes up with any results? Just a suggestion. :)

I'm also quite anxious.

• Like 1

You have a point shuoshuo, my friend was notified on June 9 last year, I was notified in July two years ago.

• Like 1

I tried baidu-ing my full name and have found this description of me:

可能大多数人不熟悉马其顿这个国家,甚至很难有机会真正认识到来自这里的人

安吉丽娜看起来个很瘦弱的姑娘,可是身子骨里边都是力量~

啊呀

Nothing relevant. Perhaps we should email or call the CSC?

@ Angelina @ shuoshuo and other as well.

I know we are all nervous and anxious for the results. However, i think it is best we just relax and try to focus on something else (which i know may be difficult.) such as preparing our self mentally for this journey and the new environment and culture that you will experience. In the same breathe, ensure that plans are being put in place for moving and personal items that you will be need while in china, considering that if and when selected you will be away from home for 5-7 max for many of us.

look at the bright side as well, July is just around the corner

Cheers!!!!

• Like 3

I'm here in China studying Chinese at the university I applied to and many of my classmates whom also applied are getting anxious. We end classes on June 18th and many of my classmates are going home for Summer break by the end of the month. For us it would be nice to get the scholarship results before we leave so we can get all the paperwork out of the way if we do get the scholarship. We have tried telling the people in the office our concerns but always get a different answer. They told me the middle of June when I first applied to the scholarship, then they told me the end of June, and now they are telling me to come again on June 17th which is next Monday.

I used to be obsessed with finding out the results but now I am as other said focusing on other things. The results will be here before we know it.

@Kanjiology

LOL, where do you study now? They're keeping information, because the results are already available, they just have to login to the CSC's online platform for universities, and the names are there...

• Like 1

@ZhangKaiRong

I go to Tianjin University. I wouldn't doubt they are keeping the information from us. Everything here involves some sort of bureaucracy that I can't understand.

Thanks for filling me in though.

@XJunior - Thanks. Although I'm actually preparing myself mentally if I do not get it. :(

I've already spent several years in China on the CSC scholarship. This was many years ago. So I understand the culture difference, the long time away from family, meeting new friends that become family, and so on.

I don't know what will disappoint me most: if I do not get the scholarship or if they send me to a place somewhere in the north, south or west. Beggars can't be choosers but I don't know what I'd do if they send me to Harbin (too cold), Guangzhou (too dangerous) or Wuhan (too...meh).

At this point we're all hoping that we get the scholarship. If we do get it, we'll have bigger problems such as accommodation conditions, possible visa issues, city, environment, health risks due to environment or weather, etc. It will be an interesting shift indeed.

• Like 1

hi people i am from turkey and i directly applied to universities(chongqing university and uibe) so i never contacted with embassy or any other constitution.I mailed to chongqing and they said results will be announced end of june but i didnt recieve any mail from uibe.To be honest,expectancy is minimizing my faith on scholarship so i wish good luck to everybody here.

I think only Chongqing university has posted 1st round results for 2013 CGS awardees. Like others, i've been waiting for posting of the results at university websites. But anyway the only thing we can do is wait. Just hoping results will be around end of June (sigh....)

@daeiram89- Chongqing has not posted any of the results as yet for 2013/2014. Based on what I saw last year they posted the results for the 2012/2013 batch on June 19th.

@shuoshuo- hahahahaha i would would want think that being selected is not a bad thing regardless of where you are placed. I think being placed in a area that has less tourist is the best thing as you will learn faster,understand and appreciate Chinese language more as people who live in those areas mainly speak Mandarin, so you will be forced to abandon the use of English which you have grown to love and understand. I say all this to you as I have spent much time reading about the experience of others now studying in china and doing some reflection of my own.

My fingers are crossed and as much as how i would want to be selected for the schools I listed, I prefer to be in an area where i can learn Chinese more and the fact that I don't really like crowded places.

This is my first year applying for the CSC in my home country like many of you as well. However, based on what i notice in the feedback for 2011 and 2012 most of the applications were notified of there status including those selected and not selected in Mid June (around the week of the 19) to Mid July (around the week of the 15).

@XJunior - Most people are notified on July. I hear the 'EU Window' folks are notified earlier, usually on June. The rest of us will have to wait for another month or so (unless the individual universities contact us or they list down the names on their websites). In my country they usually announce it mid or late July - this has been the case for well over a decade now. So that really sucks. :(

• New Members

Dear All,

seems to be that we are all get notified from Chinese Embassy or our HEM that we got the scholarship but we don't know which school and all the other details!

@presando, Central South university is a nice uni, you will like it, especially the City Changsha', i think one year of hard studying Chinese language is enough!

as Xjunior said we are all nervous and anxious for the results. best thing is we just have to relax and try to focus on something else

Best of luck to all of us!

• Like 1