Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 20th

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One Year Language Program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Yunnan Uni 2. Hainan Uni Tech 3. Sun Yat Sen Uni

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 8401

10) Where did you get your physical done? Primary Care Physician

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My Bank Notary Public

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Did not get

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

14) How were you notified? By e-mail by a embassy offical

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 18th

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Hainan University

Last night I received an email from Mr. Liu Jiangyi. He informed me, and several other applicants, that we had received the scholarship. However, I have yet to receive any information as to what school I was accepted to. Will I have to wait for the package to arrive to find that out? I have sent Mr. Liu another email asking, but haven't heard back yet.

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? Early March 2013

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 Year Chinese Program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang Daxue 2. Xiamen University 3. Xi'an University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Washington D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local clinic

11) How did you get your documents notarized? $10 for university sealed documents, free notary at my university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Still not entirely sure what these are.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2013.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted 18 July 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang University -- Chinese Language and Culture

DM me if you're in my program!

@slasher

Shoot an e-mail to the address provided by cmoss. I sent one out yesterday morning but have yet to hear back. From what I understand they have a list of the recipients, so just provide your name and ask if you got it.

Good luck and congratulations to those who have been awarded the scholarship!

Found results for students from Bangladesh on fb, and actually was surpised by the number of people who got scholarships. About 120 people just for one coutry, and more than hundred people got full scholarship, that covers even flight tickets expenses. That is so cool, isnt it? Lucky them! I'm still waiting for my results tho...

@daeiram89 - I don't think there's a specific list for that. This 'arrangement' is between China and our governments. Your Chinese embassy will let you know if the scholarship includes the return ticket to China. It will be interesting to know the factors that are considered. Although I don't believe there are specific factors. For all we know, it could be based on the strength of diplomatic ties or if a country is considered in need of such assistance, low scholarship quota so air ticket becomes a fair request, and so on. It could be anything.

@wallace187 - Yes, it is only available to those who applied through the embassy because it's the quota for that country. I think that if you apply directly to a university you are using the university's quota and not your country's quota. I mean, that's what my previous university told me - that they have a CSC quota.

@cin05 - Usually, this should have been mentioned before you apply (when your country published the advert and stated the terms and benefits of the full scholarship). If there was no mention of a return ticket and you just want to be sure, contact your Chinese embassy.

By the way, I should add that we're all from different countries so some of the terms and conditions that applies to one country does not necessary apply to another. So it's important to contact your embassy or your agency to fully understand important stuff like this. Also, I believe there's no harm in trying to ask especially for those of you who may have difficulty coming up with enough money for the air ticket. It may be within the budget of your Chinese embassy to help you out financially in this case. This is especially to those who will actually get the chance to meet the embassy officials one-on-one. Particularly useful for those of us in countries with extremely limited scholarship quotas. ;-)

Update - It's Monday (22nd July) and my country has officially informed the scholarship winners. So the MOE has kept the news to themselves since the beginning of this month!

• New Members

1) What is your native country? France

2) Where did you apply? At my university

3) When did you apply? November 2012 if I remember well

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang university 2. Hangzhou normal university 3. Nanjing university

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I tried too, but I wasn't able to complete the registration due to some (huge) problems on the website. I had already paid the application fees, though... I don't know whether it counted or not!

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese ambassy, Paris

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private doctors

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My university's International Relations Office did it for me

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting september 2013

14) How were you notified? The woman in charge of us at my university's International Relations Office informed me by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? I was notified on July 18

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang university for one year language program

• Like 1