Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

@ shuoshuo

Thank you very much!

My teachers or embassy didnt mentioned to us about return tickets. They said full scholarship dosent include plane tickets. And I know asking is a good way but they generally dont reply our emails. I dont know what's their problem :wall

• Like 1

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Switzerland

2) Where did you apply? University of Geneva (who send the application to the Rector's Conference of the Swiss Universities)

3) When did you apply? February 13th

4) When was the deadline? March 26th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One Year Language and Litteratur Program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Foreign Studies University 2. Ocean University of China 3. Nanjing Normal University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Don't know

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private clinic

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Private notary

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Did not get

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

14) How were you notified? By letter by the Rector's Conference of the Swiss Universities

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 22th

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beijing Foreign Studies University

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you also go to BFSU :)

F

@shuoshuo

I sent email to embassy, I'm very surprised they replied! heheh

They sent this message to me;

Sorry. There is full scholarship, but I don't think the scholarship you apply belongs to this category.

In our country, we also have this kind of scholarship for Chinese students studying overseas. I am afraid I have no idea how it works in Turkey.

What does it mean? Do I have to buy myself?

Update: Free airfare isnt for my country. So, I have to buy tickets by myself

1) What is your native country? Bulgaria

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Sofia

3) When did you apply? Early January

4) When was the deadline? Mid-January, can't remember the exact date

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program followed by a Master's degree in International Relations. If they let me, I will skip the language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Nanjing University 3. Beijing Normal University

9) What agency number did you use? 10001 if i remember correctly

10) Where did you get your physical done? Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. Not sure about the exact address, but as far as i remember it was something like 中河中108. March 2013

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My family notarized all the relevant documents.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Once you get in China, i presume

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2013

14) How were you notified? a phone call

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted mid-July, the documents they sent me are dated July 8th

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Nanjing University for one year language program and three year Master's degree in History of International Relations (国际关系史) - no, me neither...

I'm full of mixed emotions right now, was really hoping for Shanghai/Beijing university, but can't complain since Nanjing was my second choice. Then again Nanjing is very similar to Hangzhou where I spent a year studying Chinese, so can't say I'm terribly excited about going there. On the plus side, it's a really good city by Chinese standards and Mainland universities don't get much better if you want to pursue a humanities-related degree. And, hey, that's a scholarship with a tuition fee, accommodation, medical fees and monthly allowance covered, so you can't be too disappointed no matter where you are sent to.

Congrats everyone and see you in China :).

P.S. Anybody else accepted in Nanjing University? PM me, pls :).

• Like 1

Oneeyedcats,честитявам!

Now, can you please go to the topic on Zhejiang University and answer some questions?

@swnickell - As far as I know, US applicants have to buy their own ticket. There are subcategories of scholarships (e.g. PhD in specific fields) that includes the return ticket but yeah, I'm sure scholarship recipients in most "developed" countries will need to sort out their own tickets. I know it's unfair.

@oneeyedcats - Yup, it's always good to see the positive side of things. It almost always turns out much better than we expected.

• Like 1

• New Members

I'm from Poland and I applied to P. R. China in Belgium (mission for the EU). I'm sure they received the package, yet, the status on this site: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn hasn't changed and I didn't get any information telling me whether I got the scholarship or not. What more, I can't find any information about it on any site (checked universities' site, csc site and the EU mission site).

I don't think I'll get it anyway but it would be nice to know for sure.

Anyone in a similar situation?

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Croatia

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Zagreb, Croatia

3) When did you apply? I don't remember the date

4) When was the deadline? April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time

6) What program did you apply for? MBA program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? I put economics as direction and cities I would like to study in

9) What agency number did you use? I don't remember

10) Where did you get your physical done? At Poliklinika Sunce in Zagreb

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Got them notarized in local notary public

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I don't know what is this

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship.

14) How were you notified? By phone call from Chinese Embassy

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 15 June

16) What school and program were you accepted to? MBA program in English for three years at Zhejiang Normal University

• rep_up.png

For you guys wondering about airline tickets, keep in mind it is only for select developing countries. I don't know of an specific list, but I assume this is limited to some African countries and island nations. I don't know of anyone from Asia or South America that has had their tickets covered.

I got a full scholarship to the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, so happy!!!

There was a mention in the admission notice that I should register at the school between 1.9.-30.9. Isn't that a bit long range of days? Has anyone else had this in other schools? I guess it means that the term starts 1.9. but you can arrive later as well?

Does anyone know when is the first possible date to use the dormitory? I'm not sure if I should book a hotel for a few days if I arrive before 1.9....

Thanks and congrats to all scholarship receivers and good luck to those who haven't gotten the results yet!

@Taina - Inform your university's ISO when you'll be arriving. That way they'll be able to prepare your accommodation. Getting there a few days prior to the registrations should be fine. Congrats!

@Tania my letter included information regarding accommodation. My study programme starts on the 4th and the accommodation is available from the 1st of September. It was mentioned that if I wanted to arrive earlier I would be charged extra. I assume it should be similar with your Uni - if you haven't received a letter with such info, just send them an e-mail. Congrats!

@shikeqi - All universities are different. Some imposes extra charge for early arrivals, others don't. My university told me that I can come 10 days before the beginning of the semester. But I suppose it's better to inform the university of your arrival date so they can let you know if you will be charged.