Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

• New Members

Hi guys!

Congratulations to all! :clap I am from Croatia and I got scholarship to Zhejiang Normal University.. I saw in previous posts there are few people from Balkan, but I didn't see if they got scholarship. I hope you got it too! I was also wandering if anyone is going to Zhejiang Normal University too? Please, feel free to contact me so we can share information.. :D

@TriniRon

Unfortunately I think you have to do the medical test again in China at the local Entry and Exit Bureau to get a Health Certificate which is needed for the residence permit. Your University may help you during the process and make things easier, but I think the cost is not covered by the scholarship.

Hello guys ,

I really need your help as i'm really stressing out right now .

I applied for a scholarship and my application was accepted by the third party , and yet i still didn't get any E-Mail or Call from CSC , the Chinese ambassy or the Third party .

My status on my " Laihua CSC Online Application " still says " Application form has been already submitted. " .

Should i be worried ?

Any help would be highly appreciated , Thank you .

For everybody's clarification concerning Physical Examination;

International students who will study for more than 6 months SHOULD take a physical check-up. Those who have already taken the Physical exam in other places and hold the Physical Examination Record for Foreigner should go the designated International Health Care verification center at your university to have it verified. If the test they need are all complete as supported with medical test reports attachment (e.g; ECG, blood test report, X-ray, AIDS/Syphillis) then the Center will give you Certificate of Verification of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners. BUT those who have ascertained results of the examination will be ask again to have the physical examination done. I think( if its all the same!) in Chinese embassies they have required us to have the Physical examination for foreigner at their registered or accredited clinic/hospital so i guess the Physical Exam record will be fine when we will hands in it to the verification center in China.

• Like 2

Ivona, congratulations!

I saw in previous posts there are few people from Balkan, but I didn't see if they got scholarship. I hope you got it too!

Me :) I won't go to the same university you will, but I'll also be in Hangzhou. I'll arrive on August 29.

1) What is your native country? Brazil

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy via Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

3) When did you apply? Early March

4) When was the deadline? March 31

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelor in Chinese Literature

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing Language and Culture University 2. Fudan University 3.Peking University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes.

9) What agency number did you use? 0761

10) Where did you get your physical done? Health Insurance's Hospital

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Spent a lot on notary. :P

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? N/A

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was not accepted.

14) How were you notified? Online list

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Rejected July 24, 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beijing Language and Culture University for Chinese Language Bachelor, but not with scholarship.

Maybe next year. :/

@daeiram89

Thanks for the info. I have got copies of all those tests but I doubt it will do given the fact that they are all in a different language than English/Chinese. Obviously, there are some medical terms that should be understood everywhere and I suppose every doctor could "read" my X-Ray photo but I am pretty sure they will not verify it and I will have to go through all of this again...this is what happened to all of my friends who have studied in China before. So yeah, I understand everyone's frustration but I suggest to keep calm and play by the rules...China has got a lot of them :)

The last time I was there, they checked to see if my medical tests were done within 6 months. My X-ray and blood tests were passed 6 months (by just a few days) and they told me to retake the tests. My others (including ECG) had not met the 6-month expiration mark so they told me that I didn't have to take it again.

When I get to China, my tests will be about 5 months old. I hope they don't tell me to take the test again. :D I already paid about $100 for the tests here. I don't want to spend anymore! :D

@shikeqi

Yes! I agree with you, as stated from a friend (a Chinese student point of view) "Do not be surprise in China...you are in CHINA...:)...So, if they will ask us to redo the medical test...then we will do it again. (but i hope the cost will not be TOO much for us students;)

i think we will have all the answers once we get there;). For sure looking back all this concerns and issues a month or two after September, we will just sigh and say ah!!!! I made it through the rain!!! But I was so thankful to the administrator (courtesy to Brian US and roddy) for the great job :clap .

To those ZJU winners, have you already have your admission package at hand??? I was wondering my country is just 6 hours away from China but still documents hasn't arrive at my home, BUT i know one winner from Congo and he has already have the package:( im tired of waiting, but as they said Patience is a Virtue :lol:

I got my X visa stamped on my passport today, such a relief! Gotta start looking for tickets I guess... :)

My study programme starts on the 4th of September and accommodation from the 1st, so I guess I will have to leave on the 2nd or something. So soon! Wish I had more time for everything....

Btw, I took a second look at my letter and it does say that within one week I have to go to Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to get my medical examination verified. It says that I only need to bring the form and blood test report, so I hope I will be lucky this time given the fact that I did my blood test just a few weeks ago (again). "Whose who refuse to re-take medical examination <...> will be required to leave China."

Hi Daeiram, I'm accepted for a Masters at Zheda, but im still yet to receive the package through the post.

Its incredibly annoying, but I'm glad to know someones in the same boat. On emailing the chap on Tuesday this week he said

"The admission documents will be send out within this week by EMS."