Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

• New Members

@shikeqi

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I'm not on the list. I applied for Chinese language + Bachelor's degree and I can see that only a few people got a scholarship like that. I bet it is more likely to get the scholarship if one applies only for the language study.

However I'll keep checking the site. Maybe they'll add some people.

@kapsl0k - Not really. Many people on the CSC are doing exactly that: a language year + a degree. It's part of the process - some people get the scholarship, some people don't.

today i received the admission package it contain the acceptance letter + taxi card + Sim card for mobile+ visa application + some general info

my question is in the addmission letter they say i am accepted for surgery program but i applied for clinical stomatology any idea about that

by the way i got the acceptance in HUST

1) What is your native country? Canada

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Ottawa

3) When did you apply? April 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 10

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese Language

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Tsinghua University 3. Beijing Language and Culture University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Not sure

10) Where did you get your physical done? Family doctor

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Depended on the document

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? N/A

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted.

14) How were you notified? E-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 17, 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Beijing Language and Culture University for Chinese Language

Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! I was wondering if anyone knows when I should arrive in China? On my letter it said I had to register between September 4th and 8th. Does that mean I should arrive on the 4th, or on the 3rd?

@anasiftikhar R u from Pakistan? how u got inform for scholarship/Admission acceptance. Actually i applied through Chinese embassy in Pakistan and they did not inform me any thing yet., And my status at laihua.csc.edu.cn is still same. Kindly guide me about this.

Finally i have been notified by MOE just few minutes ago that i was awarded a scholarship and ask me to get to their office to collect my admission package. Am so much excited about it and now am on ma way on meeting with them. :lol:

Thank you all for your support and good luck for those who are yet to receive their results.

• Like 1

@anasiftikhar

Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Programmes should apply for visa to study in China at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study in China (JW201) and Foreigner Physical Examination Form and valid passport. Those who will study in China for more than 6 months need to apply for ‘X’ visa, and those who will study in China for less than 6 months (including 6 months) can apply for “F” visa. And Of course you need to fill up the Visa application form and the Supplementary one.

• Like 2

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Sweden (living in the US)

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC

3) When did you apply? March 2013

4) When was the deadline? April 30

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, in 2007 (partial scholarship, Chinese language, Tongji University)

6) What program did you apply for? Senior Visiting Student 高级进修生

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Tsinghua University 3. Capital Normal University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 8401

10) Where did you get your physical done? University health services

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Sealed transcript from university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? N/A

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted.

14) How were you notified? E-mail, documents to arrive in mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 19, 2013

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Peking University, senior visiting student in the department of Chinese language and literature, with a specialization in Chinese philology.

@Inkreader13

Sept 4-8 is your registration date, so you can actually arrive before that date maybe on 3rd or on 4th, the most IMPORTANT is you should have registered within that specified date set in your admission notice. Try to contact the international office when will be the accommodation be available for you may it be 3 days before or 10 days before that depends on which university you are coming from.

As it was specified by Chinese Government Scholarship Programmes "Those who are unable to register on time must get permission from the institution directly. Those who fail to register without the prior consent of the institution will be considered as voluntarily giving up the scholarship and the scholarship will be automatically terminated".

• New Members

Hi guys! Has anyone who was admitted to the EU Window scholarship received any notification (phone call, email, change of status on laihua) about it? Or the only source of information about admission to the scholarship is the list of names announced on the website http://www.chinamission.be/chn/zogx/jyjl/zgzfjxjxm/t1056516.htm?

i need some one to shed some light on this , it has been mentioned on my admission notice ' the fee for applying residential permit and physical examine is about 1600-2000 RMB which will not be covered by the scholarship, namely, the student should pay by themselves' does any one else aware of this ? by the way am going to TUTE, if almighty wishes.

and just to understand, is it too early to apply for visa now ? or should i wait till mid or late august as the uni start to register csc students between 9th to 15th sept.

@cookiefan After finding my name on the list, I received all the docs approximately in a week time via regular mail. I haven't received anything else (e-mail/call) and my status on laihua remains "checking."

I wonder when they're going to release the second batch of results...

@Mtabe no, not too early. I think the earlier the better....besides, your physical examination form is valid for 6 months (not 100% about this one though), so it will be no longer valid if you wait until September. Visa is "effective" from the date of entry and not the date of getting your visa stamped in a passport.

• Like 2

@kanjiology , any idea whats the significance of this second physical exam ? i thought foreigner examination form will do, since it contains arrays of clinical tests that i had done it already during the very early stage of application process.

@shikeqi thanks for your clarification , am thinking of going to the embassy tomorrow for visa application.

@Mtabe

You'll need to do a medical exam in China if you're staying in China for longer than six months I believe and in order to get the residence permit done, it was one of the forms they demanded when I was getting my paperwork together to apply for a residence permit.