Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@ajkihn

Thank you and Good luck to you as well.

Finding this forum was honestly the best thing that happened to me throughout this entire process.  I've been questioning whether persons are even aware of the opportunity but hey, if not increased chance for us right ? 

I hope mid-may comes by quickly :) and we both get good news.

If the university you selected as 1st preference contacts you via email with subject "Confirmation of CSC Scholarship September 2015", does it mean I will  get the scholarship? The email is written to about 15 applicants along with me saying congratulations you have been accepted and reply that you will surely join in September. I have replied that I will surely join. Now what will happen next? When will I get a formal admission letter and the JW201 form? Also how can I take my family along? My husband wants to study Chinese Language but the uni said there are no scholarships for languages. We just need his scholarship so he can also be allowed to live in the dorm and if the tution fee for studying Chinese Language in the same uni where I get admission can be waived off.

@HFK interesting! it seems every university has a different way of informing the applicants. I guess there are bunch of others who haven't heard a thing. right?

The application deadline for us was 1st April and there were about 15 other names in the email that were addressed. I'm worried about starting the process because my workplace takes a long time to process study leave and give approvals for going to another country.

April 1st is the deadline for applicants to submit their application, and the end of the April was the deadline for dispatching authorities (EU window, embassies, universities...) to submit the list of "selected" applicant to CSC. 

So by now dispatching authorities could tell us who they have picked for the positions. Most of them seem unwilling to do so, however. 

• Like 1

Ok so this means that the university was informing me that they have sent my documents to CSC for award of the scholarship? Now the CSC has to approve it and get back to the university and then the university will contact me again if I'm successful. I wonder how long this will take.

HFK 

I just received the same email as you. It asked me to sign a form to confirm my application.

A little later I received another email explaining this did not mean I had received the scholarship and only that they had chosen me as a candidate for the scholarship and my forms would have to again be checked by CSC. 

I think this is surely good news and it is unlikely that you will be rejected by the CSC if the school has already chosen you. Of course other people may have applied to the same school but not directly and through other ways (Embassies e.t.c.). I still think the fact the school has chosen you themselves is a very good sign. When I applied for the Confucius institute Scholarship I was told after my acceptance from the school that my application was very likely to be successful even though it still needed to be confirmed. This time I have not received such a positive response but it can only be a good thing to be pre selected. 

• Like 1

@Bjnsharp,

congrats! if you can share the name of the university you have applied, others who applied the same school may have an opinion about their application.

I applied for Xi'an Jiaotong University.

I'm going to try and get in contact with my ex-girlfriend who used to work for the Ministry of Education and used to check the applications received to see if she knows anything about the system after candidates have been recommended by the recommending institutes. If I get any information I'll let everyone know.

To calm the nerves of all of us who have heard nothing yet...

To anyone in the thread who has received a scholarship in the past:

1) Were you basically left in the dark until your school/dispatching agency released results or were you updated as things                 progressed?

2) If you applied through your school, what were the dates that you were contacted? Was it usually June/July?  Were you notified about candidacy before getting the scholarship?

And a question to calm my nerves:

1) Anyone apply through Fudan (or know anyone who has)? Have you heard anything? :help

The fact that more and more people are getting updates of some sort is driving me into a panic. This is going to be a long two months.

1) Were you basically left in the dark until your school/dispatching agency released results or were you updated as things progressed?

Left in the dark. 

Reading all these comments about applications being reviewed is just nerve-racking! WAAHHH!!  :wall 

For the Philippines, the application deadline for the ministry of education was last April 15. Yes, it seems like in the Philippines,  the ministry of education is the only agency to which you can apply (as far as I know, for this year). Then after that, they submit the applications they've collected to the embassy. I didn't apply to any school in China, I just applied through the call released by the CSC via our ministry of education. Usually, the process starts with the Ministry of education. If the number of applicants exceed the number of slots allotted for the Philippines, they conduct a panel interview to narrow down the applicants which they will "recommend" to the embassy. There are only 4 slots allotted to us Filipinos this year.  This year, they didn't conduct any panel interview. I asked our ministry of education why there was no interview this year, they told me that there were exactly 4 applicants so they just forwarded them all to the embassy for their review. 

As for our local embassy, I've been calling the staff assigned for international scholarships since the release of the call for applications, for questions related to the scholarship of course. I'm actually starting to think she finds me annoying already :/  My status in my CSC account still says: "Your current status: Application form has been already submitted". I'm planning to call her again this monday morning, to see if there's any progress with the Philippines' applications. Last time I asked about it, which was a week ago, she said the application forms are still with the embassy. 

The waiting game is making me very anxious!  :conf 

If there are only 4 places available for the philippines and you were one of them, I would say that is good news for you. As long as you met the main criteria for being eligible I would say you have a good chance. 

As for not receiving any updates or very little information. This is China and its how everything works. The people you speak to probably have no more information than you yourself. It is frustrating and nerve racking but you do just have to wait and let them do their thing. I remember people on this board being equally as nervous in the year I applied for the Confucius scholarship but in the end I think the majority of people waiting were successful. Just try not to stress about it, its in their hands now there isn't anything you can do.

@ Bjnsharp

Thank you! Yup,  you're right. At the end of the day, we really have no choice but to wait.. Just needed to at least find assurance from this group to keep my nerves calm in the meantime. This is actually my first time to apply for a CSC Scholarship. Oh I just hope they get me, really poured a lot of effort in my first time application, just like everyone else in this group. 

I just got a message from my friend in the Philippines, who was granted a CSC scholarship last year. He said his status (Application has been already submitted) never changed, until he found out that he got accepted first or second week of July. 

There really is a lot of ambiguity in this application process.  :-?

Hey guys,

confused here :/ my embassy gave me the award letter saying that i am a scholarship candidate, and say that they have no role from hereon. i thought your application package to the embassy went straight to the Universities you selected on the CSC application form? Is it not too late now to apply directly to the Universities with this letter on my own?

@ifyin

Just calm down, ifyin! I think your application is doing good! They did not mean that your application will fail but instead they are telling you that "we are nominated you and from now on you will wait the final results from CSC"

Congrats!

• Like 1