Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

hi everyone,

I applied directly to Huazhong agricultural university, Fujian agricultural & forestry university, Zhejiang sci-tech university, Donghua university, Nanjing Agricultural university and Northeast normal university for nomination.

I haven't heard a word of notification from them.

Anyone who has received notification from the universities please share with me.

I wish everyone best of luck.

To be honest with you guys, I dont think the online application means a damn thing. I think its only function is to generate an application for people to print and mail to them, other than that, I think it's basically useless. 

• Like 1

It does actually notify the people you are applying to. You remember you add a unique code for the university or embassy that you applied for. It must also notify them that you have applied because I received an email from my university saying they had recovered my application from the website and where awaiting my documents. I think something very key if you are applying directly to a university is to have a contact at that university who can recommend you. In both scholarships I have applied for this has been key in getting me past that initial stage.

• Like 1

@voyager2014

You will have the same account at CSC website but you can edit your form for other university option as you will have to enter the university code number and then go through same process of taking prints and sending hard copies to university's international office or the address they mention on the website. Also get in touch directly with university as all of them are sending their selections to the CSC for funding approval these days.

I applied to two universities directly, they told me to apply on CSC website and then send them the docs. The uni to which i gave first preference took my application from the website and the 2nd one said they could not get it as i had given code of the other uni.

@tqd, Which 2 universities have responded to you and what was their message?

Please clarify to me which universities have recommended to you. I need to know and clear up all these anxiety.

@Voyager2014, I created a different account for each university on the laihua website. Each CSC form I selected only one university.

My current statsus on all the applications is " Your application has already been submitted"

@HFK

The uni to which i gave first preference took my application from the website and the 2nd one said they could not get it as i had given code of the other uni.

that's exactly how it should be done. I don't understand how one can create more than one account and not make CSC get confused.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I'm applying from Canada. I was just interested to see how everyone else was doing with the application. In early April I was give an award letter for the scholarship so that I could contact the universities I originally picked on the application form. I had to get admission notices from those universities and then send the admission notices back to the Chinese embassy in Ottawa. I've done that and I'm now waiting to hear back and get final confirmation on the scholarship. This is my second time applying for the scholarship. I first went for the 2013/2014 academic year. This time was different because I had to contact the universities myself and get the admission notices. 

@Darunnapa and Voyager2014 With the respect to your HSK Level V certificate and the level of your knowledge of Chinese language, especially because I have HSK Level V and know how much of efforts it takes for getting this certificate, I think that maybe the Sun-Yatsen University due to the large number of the applicants this year chose the applicants with HSK Level VI. 

Hey Voyager,

Thanks for that, but i actually called the embassy and they said that neither them or CSC will be contacting me now - i am supposed to take the award letter and approach the universities. However Peking uni (my first choice) said, like you, that the embassy should be forwarding my application on to CSC, who should get in touch with the University.

Peking Uni said they can send me a pre-admission letter (because i applied privately as a backup, and they accepted me, i also gave them my award letter), but i already submitted my application to the embassy.

Very confusing! Who is supposed to give us final notice about what university we have been accepted into, and what are we supposed to do with the award letter?

It seems creating more than one account and choosing as many dispatching authority you want don't matter. So one can apply through embassy and directly to the universities of one's choice. Whichever application gets first to the CSC becomes the destination for one to go. This is what I understood from all you guys.

Also, in regard to Sun Yat-Sen University's requirement, I think HSK V is just fine. The problem is CSC itself because the U told me that they can only nominate 50 students each year. And when you think about it there are literally tons of majors one can major in so it is not one student for each major. It is not even half student for each major. I think it was Shanghai Jiaotong University that has 200 spots for CGS scholarship students.

Finally, I haven't lost the race yet! I am waiting patiently for the other two. Pray for me!

One more thing. I was surfing through pages on Facebook. There was this article referenced to an authority in China saying that "currently checking" means University has forwarded applicant's info to CSC so there are checking. But it also says that there were many students last whose status was "application already submitted" even though they are rewarded with the scholarship.

• Like 1