Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@dgenx

Yeah, all I'm saying is that not having gotten an e-mail from the school yet isn't an issue. If you are on a winners list for the school's scholarship, you don't need to worry. If they need something else from you they will let you know/they will begin contacting students eventually.

How terrible!!!!!!!!

I faced a terrible problem. Does anybody can help me or give me any suggestion to resolve this problem?? I truly appreciate it.

I have applied for CSC for both Wuhan and Shanghai Jiao Tong University. three weeks ago, SJTU respond my private email to the graduate office and told me that they gave me the doctoral scholarship type A, and they send the list to CSC Beijing for approval. they guaranteed me to win that. 

On the other hand, Wuhan emailed me and asked me to confirm or cancel the offer and confirm it. As I was sure about SJTU, I cancelled it. And, now, after three weeks that CSC Beijing approval come out, they told me that they have to cancel mine, because CSC Beijing did not approve it and says that I have already won the scholarship by another university (Wuhan!). 

Here I cancel the Wuhan's, and I don't win the SJTU's!! it's terrible. 

Any suggestion, any comment, to resolve this?! 

Thank you all.

however, I have not any number of Beijing which answer the phone to talk to them about my terrible situation! phones below don't answer. does anybody have any other phone which they answer? or anybody can phone CSC Beijing from China and explain my situation for them to help resolve this? I appreciate it.

0086 10 6609 3900

0086 10 6609 3928 

@Azam,

Really!!, how stupid they are, I suggest you use a chinese friend from SJTU, or explain all happened with wuhan university to SJTU international office to help you. You can reply the email Wuhan emailed you and also your negative response to SJTU international office and ask them to explain this to CSC. Write to your professor to use one of his/her group student to go to international office and tell them the story. Do not worry, if the CSC is not successful, they will give you the university's fund as promised you before, the university type A fund is 500 RMB more than CSC fund.

Geez, mate, this is a terrible story. Try sending both Wuhan and CSC quickly an e-mail explaining them briefly the situation. At least that will leave some sort of trace of your situation out there. Meanwhile, try calling again both Wuhan and CSC.

Thank you all for all the feedback, I asked around and people from my country that have undergone the same process through the embassy received their feedback as late as 30th of July or even begining of August.

I tried to contact the embassy here in Poland (the education dep) however my mandarin was to weak to communicate and nobody spoke English or Polish.

I am anxious 'cos I need to terminate my work agreement beforehand, so I need to know earlier...

@Azam
Stay focused and call/e-mail everyone you can explaining the situation, fingers crossed for your case

@Azam

Oh wow thats really unfortunate! but as everyone said before just send emails or call everyone! if you have a chinese friend get him or her to call the University and explain the situation!

wish you the best of luck mate!  :)

also I would like to ask: would be it ok  to mail the Universities asking when the results are coming out? 

So I had my friend call the number of the person whom awarded the candidacy at the embassy (because I had already called her so much in April and May). He asked if she knew when they would notify students, she said no, he said does she know anything, she said no and promptly hung up. Seems they are quite stressed at the moment. 

I'm not surprised.. for that reason alone I've avoided the urge to call.. I emailed once a month ago, but won't harass them. I don't need to give them a reason to "lose" my application materials. lolol

I'm just going to buy my flight today and have everything set up that I can. I'm still going even with out CGS.. just cannot go for as long if I have to pay for it. I saved up money just so that I could go no matter what.

To be honest, I think we stand a good chance. Though people like to say the relationship between China and Murica aint that purty, the reality is the mutual necessity facilitates cultural cooperation in the form of shiz like these scholarships. What school did you apply to? I applied to the broadcasting and hosting masters program at the Central Academy of Drama, and they told me that they have 2 other Americans, none of which are in my program.

• Like 1