Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

If finally you do not receive admission notice,that means you do not get CSC scholarship to study at Tsinghua,just ignore this email.For the final CSC scholarship result and admission notice,please check with Chinese Embassy or the relevant organization where you applied the Chinese Government Scholarship.

The really low quality of English from international admin staff at institutions like Tsinghua, which claim to be word-class universities, never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

I don't know if its the same at Tsinghua but XJTU uses Chinese students to do all the admin regarding the scholarships. Possible reason for limited English ability. 

I'm sure universities should know the complete list of students studying with them by now. Has anyone who didn't apply directly to a university have their position confirmed by a university through a published list or directly by email.

I don't know how many people apply for Tsinghua but it must be one of the most popular universities, unless you have the strongest of applications the competition for the most famous universities must be very fierce.

@dgenx yeah the general consensus (from previous years till now) is that that the status doesn't matter.. it can say "submitted"  yet you still get selected.. sooo I wouldn't get too excited OR too worried.. as I've said.. no point in worrying now.. many are still waiting for a reply.

Although I do have one question if anyone has an answer..

How long does it take to get a visa? I'm flying out of Toronto because my husband lives there and it's cheaper than Philly. So while I'm flying out of Toronto the 25th, I'm going to Canada the 15th of August.. only 3 weeks away! I'm getting worried more about that and getting my visa done in time. Anyone have experience with this? I did a work visa a few year ago but I can't remember how long that took.

Perhaps I'll have to hand-deliver it lolol that will be a pain in the bum though.. but I have friends that live in Laurel (close to DC) I can crash and then pick it up when it's done or something.

Today I got a response from Tsinghua. @somethingfunny like you said it was a case of low quality English.

We already sent the documents to CSC,you may contact Chinese Embassy or the relevant organization when you can receive the admission package,normally it will be the end of this month or the beginning of August.Since you applied this scholarship through the dispatching organization yourself,you need to contact them for the result.

@Bjnsharp I got an email beginning of June from Tsinghua ISO  asking me to submit their online form and pdf of my passport. After that they told me to wait for my admission package from the organization which I applied this CSC. Thats why I got so suprised to receive that email yesterday.

Dear mates!
Is there anybody who got the response from Shandong University? I got it last week (July, 9), although it wasn't a university of my choice at all. I applied through the Ministry of Education. My status on laihua - 'currently cheching' since early April. Now I'm waiting for the final CSC decision, though I don't know how long should I wait and would this decision be positive.

The text of response:

We have received your application for CSC scholarship via Chinese embassy in your country, and you have passed the examining procedure of the university. Now we are sending all the materials including ADMISSION NOTICE, VISA APPLICATION FOR STUDY IN CHINA, and PRE-ARRIVAL INFORMATION FOR FALL 2015, to CSC for final examination. The final decision will be made by CSC. Please keep a close contact with Chinese embassy in your country to follow up the admission status. Besides, this letter has enclosed herewith a Pre-Arrival Information for your reference. Once you are admitted to our university, please make the preparation according to the information on the material and register at Shandong University on time.

Please notice that if according to the admission notice, you have to study Chinese in other school rather than in Shandong University for the first year, you should do the registration work according to requirments of the relating university.

@oogz91 oh wtf man.. lolol  Who did you speak with? I kinda want to talk to someone about how quickly the visa gets done.

EDIT : Finally found on their site it takes only takes about 4 days.. stressful but I guess if we find out by theend of the months it's ok.. it's annoying I might have to take off work to deliver it and then pick it up days later. I don't want to wait until the week of.. perhaps I'll do week before but then do express service.. It will cost $20 more but I won't have to take off work so probably worth it.

Hi everyone, while reading the latest message on this thread and starting to worry about my own status, I received a notice from the embassy stating that the results have been received from the CSC. Therefore, although the materials for many successful applicants may have not yet been sent out from Beijing, the results have most likely been transmitted to all of the overseas PR China diplomatic missions. Inquire with your local education liaison for further information and press him or her to share the results with you. Good luck. 

@DongLian Yeah the express one day is the way to go, that's what i've done before it ends up being totally worth it. I reckon we wont get it till maybe the last 2 days in July, but probably August. 

Also @cn27 no offense broseph, but you not only don't sound very American, but your message is....I don't know how else to say this but, odd. While you were "reading the latest message on this thread" you "received a notice from the embassy," ......seems fishy my friend, if not then very serendipitous. Why would they send you an email to say they've received the results but not the documents? For an embassy that has been nothing but we-dont-give-a-shit-be-patient, this seems preeeeetttty out of the ordinary my friend.

@fernandovmacedo I'm from Ukraine. It doesn't matter now what were the universities of my choice. The only thing I can say is that they were top-10 universities. You see, it was a presumptuous mistake to apply for programs in such competitive institutions without pre-admission letters. There's a rule: those without pre-admission letters should accept CSC's placement of university, and I fully agree with it. Another problem was that the competition for Chinese scholarships in Ukraine was announced too late. However, the waiting game continues, as I can't predict CSC's decision. They may reject my candidacy anyway.

• New Members

Hi everyone, I am from Panama and I apply thought OAS/China scholarship for PhD. Last month I asked Mr.Duncan about the scholarship results, here his reply.

We await the final update from CSC before we can announce the preselected candidates.

Due to the vast amount of eligible candidates CSC are considering awarding more scholarships hence the reason for the delay in announcing the pre-selected candidates.

Has anyone recieved answer from OAS or CSC?

Best Regards,

• New Members

Hi everyone, I am from Panama and I apply thought OAS/China scholarship for PhD. Last month I asked Mr.Duncan about the scholarship results, here his reply.

We await the final update from CSC before we can announce the preselected candidates.

Due to the vast amount of eligible candidates CSC are considering awarding more scholarships hence the reason for the delay in announcing the pre-selected candidates.

Has anyone recieved answer from OAS or CSC?

Best Regards,

@Wei_Lin

Finally I found someone else from Ukraine! :D  Did you try contacting Chinese embassy for the results? I wrote them an email but they didn't reply.

So far I didn't recieve any email from any university. I applied with the help of Confucius Institute and the teacher there told me the results will be announced after 20th of July. This waiting is killing me...

@valiksheva

Hi, compatriot! I didn't try to contact Chinese embassy, but I had a talk with officers from our Ministry of Education few days ago. They said they hadn't got final lists of awardees yet as Chinese party didn't submit those lists. Therefore, the terms are constantly being postponed. As far as I know, the application procedure in Confucius Institute differs somehow from other institutions. No wonder that you'll have known the results by July, 20. However, I consider that final results will be announced not earlier than the last week of July. I'd like to be mistaken because there's not so much time left for visa issues and travel arrangements, etc.

EU Window results have just been published! For some reason they did it sooner on the English website this year. If you click on the link it downloads an Excel-sheet which shows all the names and the universities that people are admitted to.

I managed to get in so I'm really really happy. Hope all my fellow Europeans on here got good results too :D

• Like 1