Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

on the eu window quite interesting to note that by the looks of things, theres only 64 language scholars...i didnt get it :(

for future applicants

also is interesting to note that my application didn't change from already submitted

i applied with a pre-adm notice 

I am still waiting on our embassy as I applied thought our ministry of foreign affairs and the Chinese embassy down here, if the EU Window lists are out, does that mean that embassies should be announcing soon as well? Another thing what does it mean if you already have an award letter from the embassy?

@Wei_Lin

So you applied via MoE, not the Embassy? I applied via Embassy, Confucius Institute just helped me a bit, it was more convenient for me to just give all the document there becuase actually  in my uni Chinese is being tought by the CI. I just didn't have to go to the embassy, CI has direct contact with Embassy, so I believe they'll pass my admission letter through CI.

That's too bad they're holding all the things up to the last moment, I can't plan my summer properly because of this and the tickets are going to be very expensive.

@Indie92 what you have isn't an "award letter" per se.. if it says "you've been awarded candidacy" it just means that you've gotten just that.. candidacy. Basically means that you're good enough to be considered for scholarship but not that you have it yet.

I'm assuming you got what many people got in like.. April?? I can't remember when it was.

EU Window Applicants: Surprisingly, the Second Group list of successful applicants was also published today.

http://www.chinamission.be/eng/zglx/

I am not on this one either, so it ends here for me. I've put so much time, energy, and money into this, and I truly believed I had a decent chance. I'm in shock. My laihua status never went beyond 'already submitted', maybe I should've seen it coming.

Congratulations to all who did get a scholarship.

1) What is your native country? Belgium
2) Where did you apply? EU Window
3) When did you apply? Mid April
4) When was the deadline? April 20th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Master in China Studies (English-taught)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? (1) Nanjing University, (2) Shanghai University, (3) Zhejiang University
8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 00006
10) Where did you get your physical done? Private clinic
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, by the Flemish and Federal Governments, in Brussels.

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? No and I don't know exactly why.
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.
14) How were you notified? My name does not appear on the lists of successful applicants.
15) When were you accepted/rejected? I never got contacted regarding the rejection.
16) What school and program were you accepted to? none
17) Laihua status? Application form has been already submitted.

Im sorry maxime for what you are going through :(

I think i should be ready for the worst too.., my status changed to checking, but according to people ehre it does mean nothin

which leads me to the question, any of the rejecteed ones got their status on checking? or just submitted

@valiksheva
I mean that MoE was a mediator between me and Embassy as it collected and handed over the application documents. I also didn't have a direct contact with Embassy. And it is exactly MoE that must announce the final results.
Just the same thing with summer plans. Everything is in the air.

@DongLian, 

yup! I have no idea what anything means...its quiet and with the lists coming out, I am getting nervous. No one in my country has been notified yet...well who applied through the means I did. Its like every year its never going to be clear cut...it such a mystery. Thanks for the response. 

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? No and I don't know exactly why.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.

So you didn't ask for a pre-admission notice from NanDa/ShangDa/ZheDa before applying to scholarship? If so, you don't need to think about reasons why your name isn't on the list.