Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Lambilyforever

Haven't heard anything from the embassy or CHED. I called UIBE and they said they already sent my admission package to CSC. Then i emailed CSC to get news and they advised me to contact our dispatching agency. I did but no response from the Chinese embassy nor our education ministry. 

So I guess we just have to wait til end of July. 

@Maxime

I think the status does not really matters. 

I shot for a one year lang followed by a master in Eco, I opted for Shang jiao, peking uni, tsing. At this point I have really no idea what the outcome will be :( is the embassy going to reveal the applicants at the same time all over Europe? are they gonna send an e mail to every eu recipients on the same day they realise the results? 

thank you in advance for shedding light on my questions. 

BaiWang: The entire process is a giant black box for me as well. In previous years multiple people on these boards did not know they got accepted prior to the publication of the list. For 2014, see this post and beyond. So it seems to me that nobody is contacted prior to the publication of the name list. After the 2014 announcement, some people reached out to Mr. Chen Gong, and got to know their allocated university through this way. Maybe everyone is being informed by email, but I cannot tell for sure. Documents appear to have been sent by snail mail about four days after the publication of the list (see here).

• Like 1

This might be a bit off-topic, but not entirely..

Is it possible for an international degree student in China (Fudan U.) to have an exchange semester somewhere abroad? If yes, then how does it play out with the CGS?

• New Members

Hi there guys, I'm from the Caribbean, specifically a country where there isn't a Chinese embassy, but I imagine I can mail any application to one on a neighboring island. I realize I have missed the application deadline but I would really like to know if someone like me (aged 23 with Grade B-A levels in accounting and decent secondary school passes) can be accepted for a Chinese scholarship. I am interested in getting a bachelors degree in accounting or finance. Can I apply directly to a university or is it required/best that I do indeed mail to a neighboring embassy? And since there are no Chinese embassies on my island(there is a Taiwanese embassy) would I even be considered? And finally I would love to start in the March semester instead of September, does the same deadline apply?

You can, if your school agrees to it. But with Fudan...good luck. You'll probably have to "pause" the scholarship though, unless your school agrees to it but doesn't inform CSC about it then in that case you'll still receive the CSC allowance every month. I know 1 person who took a year off while on the CSC (this was a uni in Shanghai) the school didn't inform CSC so she still got her allowance each month. She was a doctorate student. Some universities have partnerships with universities abroad so it's possible to gain credits while abroad. While an exchange program is feasible with masters and doctorate students, it might really affect someone doing a bachelors degree, because skipping compulsory modules is just very risky.

• New Members

Thank you to Mazi for starting this thread with so many important details and to everyone who replied about everything here!

I just stumbled upon this site last week! Wish I had all this information about so many things regarding the CSC a few years back! I have applied for my Post-gradute in Medicine this year and am waiting for my results too! It's making me stressed out and driving me nuts ( 2am here in my city and can't sleep), but knowing there are so any others in the same position as me is a big relief that I'm not the only one going through this!

Thanks everyone for the tonne of info and best of luck to all!

• Like 2

• New Members

I applied for the Chinese scholarship 2015. Please is there a link or portal I can check for the list of admitted students for masters' programme? Does csc has a portal where all awardees are shortlisted? Please your kind and quick response will be appreciated. Thanks

Check on the universities u applied for, but keep in mind that some universities don't have a list, they send u an email and some of them just haven't published the results yet.

Lastly there are several CSC scholarships, government, USA, MOFCOM etc.. , it would be helpful if you told us which one you applied for 

wish you the best!

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? UK
2) Where did you apply? Xiamen University, UIBE and EU-Window
3) When did you apply? March 10
4) When was the deadline? XMU: 31st March, UIBE: 15th April, EU: 20th April
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, I was awarded a scholarship to study language for 1 year via a 2014/2015 Bilateral CSC Scholarship
6) What program did you apply for? Master in International Business
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? XMU application: only XMU , UIBE application: only UIBE, EU application: 1. XMU, 2. UIBE
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, you would only be considered for a scholarship if you were accepted onto a course
9) What agency number did you use? XMU: 10384, UIBE: 10036, EU: 00006
10) Where did you get your physical done? Hospital in China 
11) Did you get your documents notarized? No
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No
14) How were you notified? Email
15) When were you accepted/rejected? 18th June
16) What school and program were you accepted to? UIBE, Master in International Business

I noticed that there were a few questions about using more than one account to apply. You can do this and should you be granted a scholarship, it seems your name is flagged through the system and you are no longer eligible for any other scholarship. So in theory you should not be able to get more than one scholarship place. E.g. I applied through XMU, UIBE and the EU. UIBE sent my documents off first and I was awarded a scholarship, so if my name was sent to the CSC by XMU and/or the EU at a later date, the system would have stated that I have already been awarded a scholarship place and should no longer be considered for any others.

I wish those of you still waiting good luck!!! Also if you check out https://www.facebook.com/cgschina all the university lists that have been published so far seem to be on there along with some other useful information.   

• Like 1

• New Members
1) What is your native country? Spain

2) Where did you apply? Beihang University (BUAA)

3) When did you apply? Mid February, I applied through a program between my university and the Beihang University

4) When was the deadline? End of February

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Master in Aerospace Manufacturing

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? -

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? -

9) What agency number did you use? BUAA 10006

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private Clinic in Spain

11) Did you get your documents notarized? No

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, my application number appeared on the awarded candidates of BUAA

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, appeared on the notice board of the university saying I was going selected as a Formal Candidate for the CSC

14) How were you notified? My candidate number appeared on the notice board of the university

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 25th June

16) What school and program were you accepted to? BUAA Master in Aerospace

During the whole process the communication between me and the university has been really poor, I have sent several mails but I don't get any response. Even though the admission process seems to keep continuing. The university asked me some information and I have sent it, I suppose they have received it because they don't answer my mails. 

The last part of the admission process consist on receiving the documents for the inscription as well as for the VISA, I asked several times if they had sent me the documents but I have no response. So, my question is: This kind of situation is normal ? The documents will show magically one day on my mail ? I feel like I am speaking to a wall. 

PS: I tried to make a call, the communication between us seems kind of hard. I can barely understand their English. Also I tried to contact my International relations University Department, they told they are in the same situation, really hard to contact chinese Universities.

• Like 1

My application status is still "the application form is currently checking".

Embassy hasn't given the results yet, but I contacted my first university choice and I wasn't taken.

I feel like the dream is over for me, but congrats to the others!

Today I recieved e-mail from Tsinghua Uni saying ;

If finally you do not receive admission notice,that means you do not get CSC scholarship to study at Tsinghua,just ignore this email.For the final CSC scholarship result and admission notice,please check with Chinese Embassy or the relevant organization where you applied the Chinese Government Scholarship.

I didnt get any package. I have been calling them since morning but still no one picks up the phone. Is it possible that Embassy would sent out documents when they received from all applicants? or CSC would send them to embassy once all the candidates from that country are decided for ?

This email really made me nerveous.  :(  :(  :wall

I received an Email from the Embassy saying that CSC council Is going to send the admision letters this week by DHL, and that the applicants might receive admission letter the following week.

This for Costarican Applicants.

• New Members

hi 

Any one can say to why i cant log to my CSC account i'am waiting for results and i didnt get any replay 

Nota : all data information username and passeword are correct but they always say that the username or passward are not correct

tnx in advance