Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@dvsbuk

It is a long process and you adjust as the processes unfold and when you are a Nigerian, I think it gets even tougher because the world thinks that we are all bad and corrupt. However, I know personally that Nigerians are a great people, a great nation. A few bad eggs gone before have made life difficult for the rest.

I am ready to change that and I hope that other Nigerians in our generation will take the bull by the horn and make a difference. The first step is to begin communicating with professors in your field in the school you want in the Department you would like to study. Let us relate on. As time stress eases off, I will give more attention to that...elijah.odii@unn.edu.ng

• Like 1

@dvsbuk

It is a long process and you adjust as the processes unfold and when you are a Nigerian, I think it gets even tougher because the world thinks that we are all bad and corrupt. However, I know personally that Nigerians are a great people, a great nation. A few bad eggs gone before have made life difficult for the rest.

I am ready to change that and I hope that other Nigerians in our generation will take the bull by the horn and make a difference. The first step is to begin communicating with professors in your field in the school you want in the Department you would like to study. Let us relate on. As time stress eases off, I will give more attention to that...elijah.odii@unn.edu.ng

• New Members

@ELIJAH 

Hi Elijah

I'm a scholarship holder for fudan university just like you, I remember you mentioned you have a friend at the ISO department.

I have been trying to get a document from them, but it is very hard.

Hope you can help me or at least give some advice since you are very positive and knowledgeable!

Please!!! Thanks

@Ferlingmule

Thank you so much for the info! Reading, writing and listening are my strong points. I also am a very strong speaker but it has been really so long since I've had to use Chinese fluently. I'm glad we'll be able to move up during the semester if we need to. 

So did you win the CSC 1 year Language Program Scholarship before? It's nice to hear you got your stipend on the first day. I'll definitely make sure to bring cash with me so I'm not completely stranded if I don't receive it! 

@Breaknet. Congratulations for your scholarship. Enfin!

About visa extension when in China. Other members of the forum and the visa service of the embassy suggested that the X2 visa (up to 180 days) could not be renewed in China so I am glad it seems possible after all.  

Was it your personal experience or the experience of someone you know? Did you or this other person managed to get another 6 months?

@Breaknet. Congratulations for your scholarship. Enfin!

About visa extension when in China. Other members of the forum and the visa service of the embassy suggested that the X2 visa (up to 180 days) could not be renewed in China so I am glad it seems possible after all.  

Was it your personal experience or the experience of someone you know? Did you or this other person managed to get another 6 months?

Hello house, I didn't know about this forum until now. I was fully funded to study Civil engineering at Harbin Institute of Technology via CSC. I am from Nigeria and my medicals will be ready on Aug 13th. I intend to hit the embassy next week and see how it goes. i have not booked a flight, registration begins on 29th.

I have a few questions, and I will truly appreciate the Nigerian input here.

1. On what days does the embassy accept x visa applications? I saw it on their website that they take applications on tuesday and thursdays, while visa interviews are on mon, wed and fri. I would like to confirm if this is the case or I can just pop-in at the embassy on monday because the info on their website is quite dated.

2. How much will the visa cost and how long before they call me  for interview.  I will prefer an expedited visa application, learnt it costs more tho.

3. How can I get to the Chinese embassy in Lagos from maryland? I learnt it is on idejo street but I am not familiar with the Island.

4. What questions are they going to ask at the interview?

I am sorry that my first post on this forum will be a barrage of questions, but I hope to also contribute someday. I can spot some names like dvsbuk, elijah and the likes. I also hail all the other nationals in the house. You know my greatest problem right now? I am 6ft4, and I have no idea on how I will fit into bed frame in my school because I am definitely longer than what they have.

@Pho

In theory it is possible to get unlimited extensions of any student visa. It always depends on the willingness of the school to sponsor your application. I myself got extension on <180 days visa before by converting it into residence permit, school should be able to help you with that.

Dear all

Please someone is asking me about undergraduate application for scholarship through direct application to Chinese Universities not through embassy or bilateral relationship. Can someone summarise the steps for us please. As for postgraduate processes (Master and PhD degrees), most of us are proficient but this one, I am not perfectly sure what answers to give, 

so I bring it to the family here for discussions and inputs

@tomzuklin. Thanks. ECNU in Shanghai has a deadline to extend your stay for the Spring Semester (and I suppose the Fall Semester when you arrive in Spring) so I hope to find students who have extended their visa with the help of the uni on the forum or in Shanghai.

I am preparing the suitcase now and need the advice of those who have stayed in China before like Chris two times for instance. It is better to buy a laptop in Shanghai or to bring one? What else is better to bring versus buying in China?