Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

We have hit 75 and we still hope we reach 100, MOFCOMERS, LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED, BELIEVE IN GOD IF YOU CAN!!!! IT shall be well finally

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

21. Malte_goes_China

22. yaozilan

23. ELIJAH

24. Adonaiserver

25. Simpleasy

26. abou

27. beginagain

28. melissalaine

29. nvp 18

30. Mel410

31. Cantabile

32. Beth Rillera

33. LaszloBalogh

34. adamr13

35. Ceci095

36. ParisParis

37. Ml14229

38. Willamcarey

39. Koolesttom

40. animus128

41. TyO

42. genzaimu

43. Budi S

44. ZolooB

45. Stephneeli

46. Lolo

47. Loof

NEW ENTRANTS

48. I.M

49. Azre.M

50. haerviu

51. Angels_touch

52. Aphorisme

53. grawrt

54. Brendin

55. horlajide

56. Razumihin

57. XXX13

58. Sonya

59. I.carraza

60. Dinaaa

61 Chanii

62. jacksoncd1

63. Breaknet

64. daren2503

65. haeviru

66. ThatGuyTom

67. MaryS@3777MS

68. sofi1

69. TMAD

70. Hiwot (MOFCOMER)

71. Imam (MOFCOMER)

72. electrophile

73. karainbow

74. mary-L

75. apparel

@I.carrenza -> I'll be at Nanjing U, so... kinda close? 

@Hannafit/ AlexHart, re: testing 

So I don't know if this would be the same, different universities and all that, but when I went for a one year language scholarship there was only a listening and a reading test. I think listening was first? There was an elementary exam and an intermediate/advanced exam, and everyone was divided between the two. Depending on how much you got right would determine which level they put you in. It was extremely easy to switch between classes, though, just talk to the teacher. No speaking test. Or, at least, ours was used to talk with the teacher about where we wanted to get placed, but their decision about our level had already been made up at that point. 

We were given our stipend the first day, but then told it would be electronically deposited from thereon out. Most of that stipend went to paying for: key deposit for dorm room (like, 50 yuan, so not much), and 800 yuan for a residence permit that the school handled (which they called a visa, so when they talk about getting another visa, that's what they mean (this confused me at first), also be prepared to not have your passport while the permit is being processed for, like, a month). Nanjing U, where I am going to now, specifically mentioned to bring an extra 1500 yuan with us since there would be a delay in getting a stipend, so I'm not sure if we'll be getting it immediately. 

@ferlingmule I too will be attending Nanjing U. I will remember to bring extra cash with me. Do you know anything about room reservations? Do we just show up at work it out between August 29th-31st or are there preparations we need to make in advance?

@ferling Thanks for the info! I'm not terribly worried about it as long as I can switch later. Same as Hanna, I fear I've grown rusty and hope I can catch up quickly.

I just spoke to a friend who did a similar program at 川大 and they were also told to bring money as the stipends would not be coming out immediately. We'll see!

MOFCOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOFCOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WAKIE WAKIE......... DO NOT DELAY, PUT IN A CALL, SEND A MAIL, DO ANYTHING YOU CAN, IT MAY JUST BE WHAT A CERTAIN LAZY BONE MAY REQUIRE TO GET WORKING

CONGRATS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hello everyone. It been a long time I didn't post. Congratulations to everyone that get their admission package. I received mine too, one week ago and my visa is also in process. Thanks God they will provide us with a free flight ticket too. So will be heading for free to Beijing at the end of this months or early September.

For MoFCOMers, I hope you all soon get your admission and join Elijah's list.

A special thank you to @ELIJAH and @ChrisTwoTimes, you made a great job for managing this forum thorough these past months. And @ELIJAH you may not listed as admin but your faith and your cheerful personality strengthen us all especially during the may-july wait period. Keep up the good work.

I'll end here, I'm being too sentimental for my own good :)

• Like 1

@ Antsa did you receive your package from the Chinese embassy in your country? because after reading your message I called the Chinese consulate here in Zanzibar just right now and they answered me that they have not got any response from China yet! and then I called the HUST university and they told me that they dont know because the MOFCOM is being handled by the CSC so to them they dont have any result so I have to wait for CSC to inform the consulate in Zanzibar!   

So does anyone else's school require them to get a Foreigner Physical Examination before entering the country? I've never had to do this before. Usually I would enter China and register for my school. Then I would go get the exam done in China for the residence permit

@Antsa

Hahahahahahahaha…thank you for thanking me, Antsa. I hope to always be helpful wherever and whenever I can.

@ Maihate

Embassy is an agency acting for CSC. They recommend to CSC. CSC screens and communicates them and they should communicate the scholarship winners. If they do not do so, the candidate can get the information from the school when their admission list is out. The CSC will not communicate with you as an individual.

No you cannot be nominated without your country’s recommendation except you are applying through Chinese University Program where you get a supervisor and apply through the University. Here your country has no business with your application.

@TYO

The Foreigner Physical Examination is part of the scholarship application. However, you have the liberty of going to China and doing it there. However, you should save yourself the stress of been told, you cannot stay because of one unnoticed ailment or the other. It may also be cheaper in your country tan in China.