Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hi Breaknet,

I am just wondering if you have applied the CGS through the Quebec education ministry or directly through the Chinese Consulate in Montreal?

I sent my application directly to the Chinese Consulate in Montreal, because I am not a quebec resident so Icould not apply through the Quebec education ministry. I asked the embassy yesterday when they are going to release the result, they told me it is still too early and told me to wait. I am super nervous now. Do you know anyone else that also got the email?

BTW, which are your three choices of universities? Did you apply to a language program or other program?

Well, I'm a Quebecer, so I was allowed to go through the Ministry of Education. However, I didn't take any chances and I have also applied through the Chinese embassy (long story). 

The Ministry of Education said that it takes several months for the Chinese party to process all the requests: consequently, they will reply in June/July.

For my university choices, I have applied for China Ocean University, Xi'an Jiaotong (don't ask me why) and Sun Yat-sen University.

Please someone help me.

I have an award letter from the embassy, they told me to send it to the universities so I could obtain the preadmission letter, however I need to take preparation courses prior starting my major, I had the misconception that the university I choose was going to be the one in charge of giving me the preparatory courses but no, after reading CSC website I noticed that there are only 10 Chinese Universities entitled to give the preparatory courses, CSC will randomly choose one university for you to study until you reach HSK 5 (or 6) after that you can start your major. How does this works ? Sichuan University sent me a letter saying that I will be taking preparation courses from September 2016 to July 2017 prior starting my major, but they are not among the 10 universities who are entitled to provide Chinese preparatory courses...I'm extremely confused please someone help with me.

In my opinion, there are several way to get your preparation classes. First, you could go to one of the pre-selected universities and do your studies over there. Second, you could register for the Confucius Institute Grant and pick a school available. Then, you have to undergo the HSK 4 or 5 (depending on your objectives and requirements) for getting access to the classroom (and the CSC grant).

• New Members

Hey guys

I wasn't able to read through the whole thread (my apologies), but i have a quick question (hope it is not too repetitive of a question).

After receiving an award letter from Chinese Embassy in your country, are you still encouraged to apply to each uni to obtain an admission letter or CSC does it for you before June?

Because my understanding is that in a case where you have no admission letter, the CSC just designate you to some uni based on your major? Yes/no?

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Hello,

just a quick question:

Does anyone know if the "application status" on the CSC application page will be changed or will it stay at "Application form has been already submitted." for the whole application process? 

@animus123

Hi, as far as i understood by reading 2014 csc theme, the CSC application status through student login is useless. It may change, may not change at all, and you will need to contact the university or embasy to know your real status.

@LaszloBalogh

Thanks for the answer! If you don't mind answering, could you tell me when your application was submitted?

My university gave mine to the Chinese embassy on March the 31th and it is still stuck at "Application form has been already submitted."

Hi, I have an award letter, anyone knows how to get preadmission letter from Shanghai jiaotong? Im applying online but it is asking me for a payment for the application fee, do I really have to pay that?

Without being a pest, I intend to periodically check in with the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC (where I sent my application) just to see how things are going and if there is any new word on things. I did email them around the 1st of April and they confirmed that they received my application.

If this year will be like last year, in my case I am prepared to wait until July for some more substantial news. We shall see.

Again, my advice for all is to directly contact the representatives that pertain to your situation to see what kind of answers they can best provide you for your questions.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1