Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hi , please help on this 

I'm applying for local government and I found this parts which confused me a lot .1-guarantor charging us case in China should I just ignore this part as I don't have one?

2-The second part specify the person or organisation recommending you for this scholarship. I'm individual applicant can I just type Chinese forum or I have to type name of institution and get a letter from them ?

2-Describe the study or research plan in China . Note: please illustrate the subject of your research or the main content of your study you can give some courses to attend in China . Can I just type Chinese language 

3- my transcripts don't include scores it's just the grade of each term ( good or very good ) can I just send my secondary school degree and transcripts of the last year ? 

I was also confused about the guarantor, but I was told by the person handling the application at my university to just put down "China Scholarship Council". That's what I put down for that part. I'm not sure if it is really needed, because on the online application it is not required for you to submit. I'm guessing this is meant for people who were already accepted to a university prior to applying for the scholarship.

Not sure about the other stuff! I just put down the name of my university as the organization recommending me (they have some agreement with the CSC or something).

For transcripts I gave them my universities official transcripts that have each class per semester, my grade (A,B..), and my GPA. 

I was also confused about the guarantor, but I was told by the person handling the application at my university to just put down "China Scholarship Council". That's what I put down for that part. I'm not sure if it is really needed, because on the online application it is not required for you to submit. I'm guessing this is meant for people who were already accepted to a university prior to applying for the scholarship.

Not sure about the other stuff! I just put down the name of my university as the organization recommending me (they have some agreement with the CSC or something).

For transcripts I gave them my universities official transcripts that have each class per semester, my grade (A,B..), and my GPA.

Cantabile thanks a lot for your reply and good luck for ur application .i was in my university today and I will get my transcripts next Thursday where I will get it notarised also. Im afraid to miss the deadline so can I send my documents to the university without transcripts? they sent me an email with the requirements documents and no transcripts or study plan needed which existing in CSC website .

Hi all, good luck for your applications.  I hope everyone can get into the courses they are aiming for!

I have been planning so submit my application for a while and have been organising my documents.  Unfortunately for me, and only by reading through every post in this thread, that I found out that applications through the Chinese embassy in Australia close March 20.  For some reason I thought they are closing in April!!

Note to all: Make sure you get in touch with your embassy early, so you know the true deadlines. 

Now I am stuck in a bad position where I am scrabbling to get in touch with the embassy but having no luck to get through to them via phone or email!  If any fellow Aussies have the correct contact details, please let me know. 

I'm also now trying to work out alternative paths there are in order for me to commence my studies in September.  Whether this may be through a different scholarship (Local Government?) or through a different Agency (CUCAS?).  I'll see what happens and update you if I find any alternative paths.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Like 1

I want to ask that can i apply for csc and cis at same time for masters program? I've passed hsk 5 but don't know whether I can apply for both scholarships or not. Need assistance please

@TommyH16

Now I am stuck in a bad position where I am scrabbling to get in touch with the embassy but having no luck to get through to them via phone or email!  If any fellow Aussies have the correct contact details, please let me know. 

I'm also now trying to work out alternative paths there are in order for me to commence my studies in September.  Whether this may be through a different scholarship (Local Government?) or through a different Agency (CUCAS?).  I'll see what happens and update you if I find any alternative paths.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi, really sorry to hear that. I'm in New Zealand and the application deadline the China Embassy here gave me is 1st April so I sent in my application documents last week. Hope you can manage to get a late application in. Otherwise I remember Australia used to have a Prime Minister's Award for Asia or something along those lines? But not sure if that's still available. Also check out this page http://www.acya.org.au/education/scholarships/ there may be a scholarship you can go for?

Good luck, I'm sure that you'll find a way!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

When I said that I applied directly to the CSC, I meant that I did not apply to a Chinese university first. Just that I went through the process of getting it sent to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles.

I just got an e-mail today from university which i applied directly on Dec, 2015

They told me in e-mail

"We are glad to inform you that you have passed our university selection successfully. Now we are doing the on-line enrollment........"

Actually im feeling very happy and grateful read this email from them, but still i will wait the final announcement of csc.

God bless u all :)

• Like 2

Hello all.

I a new member in this forum. Have applied doc to the uni in Dec 2015. Got a reply from them a week ago.

Thanks for applying to Tsinghua University. We are delighted to inform you that we have nominated you as the candidate for Chinese Government Scholarship. The final result will be notified after the evaluation by China Scholarship Council and Tsinghua Scholarship Council.

Hopefully will get the scholarship to study my Masters.

Good luck to everyone who is also waiting for results.

• Like 1

Torreno

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

Great to hear that! Whats your statistics? Like transcript etc

I'm having average statistic got C and several B,

but i dont know whether is it primary factor. I think the most helpful docs on my app is my recommendation letter from my professors because i'm applying for master degree. 

I applied directly to University and completed all my application docs in the end of Dec 2015, i already get in touch with them from Nov 2015 and communicate with them via e-mail.

@trocadero

Hi, really sorry to hear that. I'm in New Zealand and the application deadline the China Embassy here gave me is 1st April so I sent in my application documents last week. Hope you can manage to get a late application in. Otherwise I remember Australia used to have a Prime Minister's Award for Asia or something along those lines? But not sure if that's still available. Also check out this page http://www.acya.org....n/scholarships/ there may be a scholarship you can go for?

Good luck, I'm sure that you'll find a way!

Thanks mate, yes I am still pursuing with the embassy in Australia - I live in Hong Kong now so I can't just go to their office!  And they actually have a separate Chinese consulate in Melbourne vs. Canberra.

Thanks for the link, it looks quite interesting, I will contact them directly.

What have you applied for?  Good luck and I hope you get it.

@Torreno

Why wont you apply through the university? 

Thanks for your reply.  I should have mentioned in my original post, I am applying for a 1 Year Chinese Language Non-Degree course. 

From my understanding, applying directly to the Universities is only available for Post-Graduate applicants.  However I think at this point it's definitely a good suggestion, and I will start to apply through my preferred universities directly.  Are you aware of others who applied to Universities directly and received the scholarship for language courses?  Cheers!

BTW, I don't think the number of application documents matter. My application package is around 30+ pages, which included abstracts of papers I've written, my CV, IELTS and HSK results.

Also, I do think the academic transcripts matter less than recommendation letters and previous experiences in the field in terms of graduate school (if we're talking about having average marks, vs. above average marks). The former offers a much better picture of how capable the student is in doing research.

So I have received a pre-admission letter already from Tsinghua, and also an Award Letter for CGS Opportunity from my embassy (I'm applying for the CGS-Bilateral program). Anyone in the same position? has anyone received an award letter? 

• Like 2

@TommyH16

Sorry to hear you missed the deadline.

Check out this website: http://www.edu-australia.org/publish/portal72/tab5536/info118996.htm

Maybe try the contact details on the left of that page.

Good luck