Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@trocadero,

Indeed, it's all about the P's: staying pleasant and patient and also...persistent (and saying please!). Good on ya for being proactive (haha! another P word) and contacting the Embassy to get some answers. Good luck with things!

Oh! Your case could help us with an interpretation that this year's status change may in fact indicate something. Many thanks for passing that on.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

haha like a month and half i think i first applied just through that and then it was like that from first week. then my cousin in china got a call from the university telling him that i need to submit all of my document and i have a good chance to get accepted as they don't receive that many american students studying there. then i submitted all of my documents about a week ago and they told me to register in college application as well and i did that as well now i am just waiting for everything. If i get in it will be really huge for me if i dont it will be a huge blow for me i will probably cry. i am so eager and inpatient already

@samrat,

I think this is where the real waiting game begins. The papers may be passed on and the status may change quickly on the website but then the papers may be passed around some more (and some more and some more!) and finally a decision will be made. Indeed, it may be some time before we hear something again. Don't let the waiting kill you!

I am not holding my breath on this, and personally, I only expect to hear something about this in the second half of July (as based on past years). If I hear something sooner than then, I will be very pleasantly surprised.

I am leaving Beijing for the summer on July 21st so my hope is that I will hear something about this before then so I can have things nailed down before I leave and then come back to Beijing on September 1st ready to begin. My fingers remain crossed and a great amount of patience remains lodged in my heart.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@samrat

No, no, no, that is just my personal situation and my personal plan only--I have been based in Beijing for the past 2 years and I will leave things here over the summer. I personally plan to fly back to Beijing on September 1st to get my things and visit friends. I am also hoping that I get the scholarship at a university in Beijing so I can just remain here another year. For me, it's also most convenient, as I can get a direct flight to Beijing from my home airport.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Yeah the wait is pretty long.I don't think we will hear anything till the end of June/middle of July. Although I guess it's not that long, it's only been about a month and a half since I submitted my application.

It kind of sucks though, because they don't really give much preparation time after you get accepted. I think we'd probably have like  a month and a half to get everything in order. 

:wall  :wall CURRENTLY CHECKING  :wall  :wall

@Cantabile,

Agreed.

I should look into getting a flight ticket soon, as I have decided to study in Beijing next semester with or without (self-financing?) a scholarship, but the key piece of the puzzle will be getting paperwork from the host university for the X visa. I am hoping that I will have enough time to get the paperwork and then get to a Chinese Consulate to get the visa, all before September 1st. Hopefully, maybe.

It is a good lesson to learn/get used to for coming to China: wait, wait, and wait, and then when the decision is made, be ready to move immediately. I find that this can generally be the MO here in the China.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Continued good luck, fingers crossed, and a whole lot of patience to all applicants! Hang in there and keep the faith! Soon, soon!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Thank you all for your answers :)

Another question: since I got a pre-admission notice from my first choice (and I included it in my application package), do you think this university would tell me somethig about my application if I send an email next month? Is it a good idea? Haha it's impossibile to wait

@Ele176

You could do that, couldn't hurt, shows you are strongly interested and proactive. Why not send one this week and then another one at the end of May/beginning of June?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Hi everyone!

I've just received an e-mail from the university i applied for. I've been granted a full time scholarship by the CSC. My current status is still "currently checking" though.

So obviously it's possible to get the results earlier than july.

• Like 2

Hi! I'm really nervous and waiting to hear anything back. My application still just says "submitted" and I emailed the uni yesterday but haven't heard back yet. Granted, it's the weekend, and for whatever reason I've always had the luck with people in China never responding to emails anyhow. I just hate not knowing or having any idea what's going on over there. Thanks for letting me vent! 

Dear all,

I have been reading your posts on the excruciatingly painful waiting.

I empathize with you because I am involved too.

I got a strategy for waiting. I am waiting in hope and I am very peaceful at heart that something good will come out of the waiting. Hope maketh not ashamed.

Also I got very busy with many other works and praying knowing that my times are not in my hands.

Try my recipe and see how it works. Wake up everyday knowing that you don't have what it takes to influence the decisions of CSC but there is surely someone who influences everything that goes on everywhere. Place your trust rightly and you will enjoy my kind of peace. Peace perfect peace!

Cheers everyone!!!

• Like 1

@Chris Two Times and Cantabile

You have been very active participants on this forum and you have internalised most of the processes. Thanks for your very helpful contributions. Same also to everyone else who has invested time in pursuit of the happiness of others. Great job all.

• Like 2

Hi everyone

I've got email from my embassy that stated I was a candidate for CSC,then they've told to request pre-admission letter from the university that I've chosen ,and successfully I've got the admission letter And have send them to my embassy .now they've inform me that my documents are in process at Beijing .so I would like to know what should be my next step ? Thank you !

• Like 1

Hi all, sorry i tried log in through twitter and posted twice but my posts did not show up..So i created an account for this forum. Thanks so much all of you for sharing your information on the Chinese government scholarship. I wanna share my story too.

In early March i applied directly to only 1 university (Northeast Normal University). I got an email from them on 28 April that i have been selected as a full scholarship candidate for the year of 2016. So i knew that i am in their nomination list. They said my application has been sent to CSC for examination and approval.

Since the email was sent to all nominates students, i didnt reply to them. Should i reply back that i am waiting for the final result and that i have no other objection on this???

Anyway, may i know how much % i will get the scholarship?

Hello,

Anyone applying to East China Normal Uni in Shanghai? I am thinking of getting in touch with the Uni to see how my application is going.

I found the names of the following people on http://cis.chinese.cn

Huangmei Xu, Director of the Center for International Education

Yin Ying, Head of the Office of Student Enrollment

I also found on the website of the ECNU International exchange division Mr Liu Fang, head of the Confucius Instutes Affairs Office.

Maybe someone who already got in touch with one of these 3 persons or is currently studying at the Uni could tell me which one would be the most helpful. Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I've just received an e-mail from the university i applied for. I've been granted a full time scholarship by the CSC. My current status is still "currently checking" though.

So obviously it's possible to get the results earlier than july.

@Aphorisme,

Good on ya! Excellent.

This can be the situation for those of you who have applied directly to universities, and those universities are then on the ball with the application process.

For the rest of us who have applied through Chinese Embassies wait we shall.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times