Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

If anyone's still in need of airline tickets, skyscanner.net is a good fare search engine with a month view that's very useful if you have somewhat flexible registration dates.

If your origin-destination pair isn't super-popular there may be missing dates - marked with magnifying glass icons - in the month view. Just click on a date to get fares for that date. The lowest fare won't be displayed in the month view right away - it takes a while for the servers to update. But if you search on all your dates of interest (just use back button in between searches) and refresh the month view after half an hour or so, all the data will be there, making comparison very easy.

Support is also very good, once you find the link: the 'send feedback' button above the black page footer. This is how I know about the delay between searches and figures appearing in the month view; they also corrected some anomalous fares I noticed for a newly added route, which were less than half the fare the airline was actually offering on its own site.

(I'd be interested to know how it compares with ctrip etc for Chinese domestic flights - perhaps in another thread if someone checks that out.)

Beth Rillera

Hi everyone

I've got email from my embassy that stated I was a candidate for CSC,then they've told to request pre-admission letter from the university that I've chosen ,and successfully I've got the admission letter And have send them to my embassy .now they've inform me that my documents are in process at Beijing .so I would like to know what should be my next step ? Thank you !

I am in a similar spot. I have an email from my embassy saying I have been selected for a CSC scholarship and an email from NanDa saying I have been accepted and I am not sure what to do next.

I got message from my school saying they are working on my pre admission letter i hope this is a good thing  :clap  anyone know how thats suppose to work ? if college gives me pre admission they would forward that to csc and if they approve it i should be good right?? 

Guys update so my university messaged me saying i have already been accepted for the scholarship and now i just need to wait a month for the materials including the admission letter? i had applied straight through university im not sure how i got in but i think i have odds in my favor i dont know... anyone in this situation??

• Like 1

So jealous!

I guess you applied to the university directly and they accepted you, then forwarded your info to the CSC? I guess if they told you that you got it, then you got it! Just gotta wait for the Visa applications and the admission letter I suppose. Congrats! I think the only other person I have seen in this thread in the same situation is @ Aphorisme.

I applied through the Chinese consulate so I have a lot more waiting to do lol.

@Cantabile

if the university said they accepted you as scholarship candidate (meaning you are in nomination list)...then you got the scholarship? I pray CSC gives priority to university's choices. :help coz i'm waiting for CSC result too..

"We are glad to receive your application file for our university and Chinese Government Scholarship. We are going to admit you to our school"

This is the mail I got from uni. Waiting for CSC validation in July.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi everybody :)

I think we all got stuck in the problem with currently checking status.... me too ><

Im also not sure what to do now because i applied directly to the unviersity (renmin) and in april they sendt me an email telling me i have to do some kind  of test. I already passed the test and got an email saying that i got accepted for their master programm. When i asked them when the SCS results comes out, they told me may... but it already passed...(and the status didnt changed anymore)  does anyone knows when the results actually comes out? How high is the chance to get accepted?

Goood luck for everybody :)

Yes, i did apply directly through the chinese university.

I also applied through my embassy...don't know what will happen to this application.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you guys.

• Like 1

Waw

So some universities have started notifying their propective students. I better use the P's recommended by "Chris two times".Can't wait longer for my own.

Is there any chance for someone on "waiting" in the university selection procedure to be nominated for CSC? Whats the meaning of that "waiting".

@Kristin 

From past threads it seems like people usually find out if they got in sometime between June and July, though seems like there are a few cases of people getting the news earlier though. People usually receive their admission letter and visa application sometime in July.

The "currently checking" status will most likely not change anymore. In the past people who have been accepted said that it stays the same. Even though I know this, I still check everyday hoping for some miracle.

I just emailed the Chinese Consulate here in L.A to ask about the status of my application, I don't expect to hear anything new but I need even a small update! This is like high school college applications all over again!

Edit: They just said that I was recommended to the CSC and that they won't know the final results till July or August!  :lol:

• Like 1