Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@ Charis and Cantabile

Yes indeed! Cantabile is correct coming from the angle of embassy-route application. However, I needed to express FAITH that we will hear something good soon because the contribution sounded general and I felt included... No ill feelings, only joys and expectations.

Thanks much

Hello, i'm Lewis from Ghana. I applied directly to Hefei University of Technology for postgraduate Food Science. My status says "currently checking". Is there anybody here who applied to that school? I hav'nt seen any post about Hefei. Thanks guys

does anyone know the amount of time it takes to ship from china to usa? is it faster than usa to china?? college has informed me i will receive the documents and letter by end of june i am planning a vacation for summer but waiting to go after i receive everything. anyone know when they actually send from previous experience in may they say by end of may but not sure when i should hold my ticket for exactly. 

Yeah, I have a similar question. Can the colleges just email the admission documents in addition of sending them? I'm thinking about how best to get in early to book residences online, applying for visa, purchasing the plane ticket etc.

@trocadero

Most if not all Chinese embassies/consulates require original admission letters and JW 201/202 form (not printed/scanned copies) to apply for a visa.

Hence, the letters are 'always' sent by courier.

I just asked Tsinghua about my admission package (I already got accepted for one exchange semester by my university but CSC scholarship would allow me to be there one year and yields a little more money) and they send me the following answer:

You are accepted by Tsinghua as a full scholarship student for visiting program.However, you need to wait the final decision from CSC office. Your admission document will be sent by CSC office in July if you are approved by CSC. The Registration time is on September 7-8.

I got to say I'm pretty happy to hear that :) I hope the last approval by CSC won't be a problem. 

Just got called from my wanted university about my province scholarship. Damn, communication via telephone speaking English language is a damn pain. They asked if I am still interested and that decision will be made two weeks from now. They also mentioned that they would like to see more students from Russia.

• Like 2

Just got called from my wanted university about my province scholarship. Damn, communication via telephone speaking English language is a damn pain. They asked if I am still interested and that decision will be made two weeks from now. They also mentioned that they would like to see more students from Russia.

In which university you're applying?

@Lexcorp thanks for the tip! :mrgreen:  That means a longer waiting period for the courier to arrive too... As I literally live at the bottom of the world, sigh. :conf  

For the people going into postgraduate programmes At Tsinghua, do you know approx. when are the registration dates for graduate students?

@animus128

You should take into consideration that you cannot go for both. If you decide to register as a CSC candidate for a full academic year, you will have to give up on your exchange programme. You cannot be registered as an exchange student and as a CSC candidate. That's what happened to me two years ago and the reason I gave up on the CSC scholarship upon arrival. It was a misunderstanding, as I explicitly explained the situation in my motivation letter... So if you think you would prefer to finish your degree first, please notify Tsinghua ASAP so that they can free your spot for someone that could benefit from it. 

Also, when I applied in 2014, I didn't include any notarized document in my application. Only photocopies of note reports. Still managed to get the scholarship, so I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Good luck to everyone for the final round!

@aymen

I don't think that there will be any problems. My university nominated me for the CSC scholarship and in the case I will get this, I will go to Tsinghua as a CSC student and not as a Exchange student. I also fully explained this situation in the motivational letter and from what my International office told me, there were no problems in the last years. 

Also the CSC scholarship is a little better for me financially because my university would only pay tuition fees and 300€ per month.  

Maybe as additional info: Tsinghua mailed our International Office a few month ago and said

If all the three nominated students all got the award letter from Chinese Ambassy in Berlin, please ask them to send the pdf version of award letter to my colleague Ms. Zhou Xing who in charge of CSC at: visiting@tsinghua.edu.cn for more information.

so I think the situation is known.

Edit: I just checked my Tsinghua online application and someone wrote in my application in the field "Person or Agency to Act on Behalf of You in China" CSC and a certain telephone number. I definitely did not do this myself because this was for my exchange program application. So I guess somebody already switched it up so it fits the CSC application.