Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@chris

can i email them in english?what should i ask?"hey laoshi may i get the admission letter?(in polite manner)"?

"The above is unclear to me. I suspect that you mean that those are lines on the online application from this website:

http://www.csc.edu.c...a/noticeen.html ."

I saw that on the thread's 1st page. But i couldn't find "4.Organization/Person Recommending You." on the online form. That's why i got confused and ask if i should make a particular page to type about organization/person that recommends me..do you have an example of the complete application which is ready to be sent to the embassy? Thanks alott

THANKSS :lol:

@eternalflame,

in case to get an acceptance letter from a university,

at least you have to introduce yourself, tell them that you are interested to pursuing a degree there, and finally you can ask them what is the documents needed to get an acceptance letter.

And for the recommendation letter, I guess you will found it nowhere because every people make their own recommendation letter (use google to know recommendation letter example). 

I hope it helps.

• Like 1

To all the applicants living in a non-English speaking country, are you getting all your documents notarised? I am thinking of only getting my Bachelor degree translated and notarised, as having all my transcripts would be way too expensive... What do you reckon?

@aymen I am thinking that all of my documents will only translate and stamped by my university. because I think if I notarized all of my documents, it will be expensive. I heard some universities accept stamp from university.

• Like 1

It's not possible to get a pre-application letter for a non-degree language program right? I'd like to either go to Nanjing University, Dalian University of Foreign Languages, or BeiDa (in that order). A pre-application letter would be great but after a month of trying it seems like these are for degree programs only?

jmiller2794,

I believe that you can get a Pre-admissions Letter for non-degree language programs. Contact your desired universities directly and ask how they would potentially handle this.

I intend to apply for a scholarship to support one year of Chinese language study in a non-degree program and I have been contacting possible places to study; one university has already mentioned the possibility of offering me a Pre-admissions letter.

Warm regards,
Chris Two Times

@eternalflame , if you can write in Chinese, it's better than English, because they will more fast to reply rather than english-written mail.

But if you can't, then just write it in english and make sure to send it to office international affair office at that uni.

Hi all again :)

Do you attach X-ray report and other results of medical tests to foreigner examination form?

My doctor filled the form; however, there is written to attach x-ray report.

I am wondering, if I have to give the medical reports to a certified translator and attach it.

How are you handling the foreigner's physical examination form?

@eternalflame

Yes, that's the medical report form. I've got this form filled by my doctor.

On the second page; Chest X-ray exam. In the brackets it's written: attached chest X-ray report.

It's clearly written to attach chest X-ray report to the foreigner's physical examination form. Can I attach the X-ray report, without getting it translated to English?

I need to know if for instance I apply for Masters taught in Chinese in Zhejiang University which wil require one to two years of language training, will the language training be also at Zhejiang University or is there a possibility that I will be sent to other university?

Chris Two Times, maybe you can help.

Thanks!

From http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070

Part II SUPPORTING CATEGORIES, DURATION, INSTRUCTION LANGUAGE, INSTITUTIONS AND MAJORS

1. Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. They are required to take one-year preparatory courses in one of the 10 universities listed below and to pass the required test before moving on to their major studies.

Undergraduate scholarship recipients can apply for preparatory course exemption if they completed their secondary education in Chinese or have a valid HSK certificate that meets the requirements of the host university. Official documents from secondary schools or a photocopy of a valid HSK certificate must be submitted for a preparatory course exemption application. Please NOTE that HSK results are valid for only 2 years.

Entrusted by MOE, the following 10 universities offer preparatory courses to undergraduate scholarship recipients. They are Tianjin UniversityNanjing Normal UniversityShandong UniversityCentral China Normal UniversityTongji UniversityBeijing Language and Culture University, Northeast Normal University, Beijing International Studies UniversityCapital Normal University, and the University of International Business and Economics.

2. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Program Search (By visitinghttp://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org) can help you find the program and university you're interested in.

Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take Chinese language courses for one to two academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities before moving on to their major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship. Chinese language courses will be one year for majors in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, West Medicine, Economics, Management, Legal Studies and Fine Arts, and be no more than two years for majors in Literature, History, Philosophy and Chinese Medicine.

Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses.

Bedan Adjuster,

As mentioned above, it appears that they do this for undergraduates who need preparatory coursework, but the question remains, do they do this for graduate students as well? 

I am not sure if it is the same procedure for graduate students or if the student's ultimate host institution would just conduct these classes to their candidates themselves. Email ZheDa and check with them on how they handle this. Do they just conduct these preparatory Chinese classes at ZheDa or do they send you somewhere else first, and if so, where would that be?

Do let us know what you find out. I am curious about this regarding graduate students as well.

Best of luck in the application process!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

The information is vague for graduate students although I hope they don't send masters students for preparatory language training somewhere else. I have been to Zhejiang and would love to live there :)

Also, I think my Chinese level is enough to attend a Chinese-taught program but my intention really is to live longer in the place I want while working on to improve my Chinese.

I will post as soon as I have concrete information.

Thanks for your response