Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello guys, so I have kind of a problem here.

I want to continue my master degree in China this year. I will graduate from bachelor on June 2016, but my original diploma certificate will be given to me around October-November 2016, my university said that they will give me the temporary degree certificate letter while the original certificate is in the process.

I ask the university in china and they said for application, I don't need to attach my degree certificate, but at the time of registration, I need to show them original degree certificate.

Is anyone having a same problem with me?

My university said that the temproray letter is formal enough to substitute my degree certificate.

Oh I am dying right now :(

Hello guys, so I have kind of a problem here.

I want to continue my master degree in China this year. I will graduate from bachelor on June 2016, but my original diploma certificate will be given to me around October-November 2016, my university said that they will give me the temporary degree certificate letter while the original certificate is in the process.

I ask the university in china and they said for application, I don't need to attach my degree certificate, but at the time of registration, I need to show them original degree certificate.

Is anyone having a same problem with me?

My university said that the temproray letter is formal enough to substitute my degree certificate.

Oh I am dying right now :(

• New Members

Hello everyone! 

I am new here! This forum is really helpful! I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to in the forum so sorry if they have been answered before!!

I want to apply using a university's agency number but I see in the application we can choose three universities, anyone knows how that works?

Also, if we apply using a specific university's agency number, where do we send the documents after?  :wall I'm confused!

Thank you very much!!

MarionGuth,

Will you apply through your home country's Chinese Embassy or directly through the universities?

Check their webpages and/or contact them directly for agency numbers. If you are applying directly though universities, I presume you would list your first choice university's agency number?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

I am applying this year for 1 Year Chinese + 2 Years Masters degree directly to the Chinese University of my choice. I have doubts, though... many, I hope some of you can help me out here.

I am mostly hesitant of the documents needed, especially with the whole 2-copies story.

1. The Laihua application (not an issue, I can print it twice, put a picture on each, sign it and done!)

2. Bachelor‘s Degree (First doubt here! I get a notarized copy of my degree (or do I get two??? Each one costs, so I really would like to know if I need 2 notarized copies or just one and then two simple copies or...... And then, I also need them translated, so I get a certified translator to get the document into English and have it stamped and all... now, do I also need to send a notarized copy of this translation? Or do I need to send the original certified translation? Or ar simple copies of the translation enough?) Sorry, it's so confusing!!

3. Transcripts... exact same question as above.

4. Statement (Not an issue, just a lot of hard thinking to be done :D )

5. Letters of recommendation (Again here... do I send one original anda  copy or just two simple copies? Or two originals?)

6. Acceptance letter from a professor (I got in touch with one, and then the Spring Festival holidays came across... and now I am not sure I will be getting any answers in time... will need some patience).

7. Physical examination form (I have read not to send the original, but my issue arises again, do I need the copies to be notarized!?, and also, it says that the X RAYS and BLOOD TESTS should be attached... but everybody seems to mention that only the filled format with the signature and stamp is sent.... so I am CONFUSED! Also due to the fact that usually one's home doctor is not a cardiologist who can actually give you an ECC interpretation or a radiologist who can give you an XRAY interpretation).

I am sorry about all these questions, but I really appreciate your support so I can get my papers in order and send them in time, I am so ready to go to China, couldn't think about not getting this scholarship due to any kind of technical mess-up.

Thanks a lot again!!!

Oh, last question... can I apply to both the university directly (what I am doing now, with the univeristy agency number) and separately send an application to my country's government? Or do I have to just choose one option? Just trying to make sure I am not letting any chance go!

Wish you all the best!

Hi,

I'm new here, I hope someone can help me.

I am 24 years old, I will be turning 25 years old on July 12th. The age limit clearly says that I must be under 25 WHEN APPLYING to the scholarship and the application process closes on March, I will still be 24. I call the embassy to ask, they had no idea how to proceed so they referred me to CSC offices, I called CSC and they referred me back to the Embassy because they didn't know either, I have not found anyone with a case like this in any of the forums available.

I have to apply to the scholarship thru a government institution in my country, they are encouraging me to apply because they believe I am still eligible, but I don't want to gather all the requirements the Undergraduate scholarship ask for if the embassy won't even receive my application due to my age. If I know for sure that I am not eligible for this one I would rather invest my time trying to get the language scholarship. An international affairs worker from my country told me that I could apply for both just to ensure I get one.

I don't really know what to do...I am looking forward to stay more than one year in China (that's why I am pursuing a 4 year undergraduate degree) 

• New Members

@ Chris Two Times

Thank you very much. I'm thinking of applying both through the EU Window program and also directly to the universities.

I understand it is possible? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I know that when you apply through EU you have to send the documents to Brussels, but I'm not clear on where you have to send them when you apply to a specific university!

Okay guys I need an info, 

I've talked to my uni and their final say I cannot get a letter of expected graduation date. They suggest me to enroll for Spring 2017.

Anyone know how to get the CSC Scholarship for Spring 2017?

All of your help will be appreciated.

Much Thanks!

Hi dears ! 

My name is Salih, I live in Morocco, I'm currently studying Chinese ( Level HSK3 ) . and I'm preparing to graduate this year in Computer science engineering in the National Institute of Statistics and Applied Economics. 

I'm very interested to continue my studies in China and willing to apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship.

I would like to know more about the Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies(Notarized Photocopy) that I have to attach to apply for the scholarshipUntil now, I'm still an engineering student expected to graduate in the July 2016 from my Engineering school, I would like to know if I can attach a an attestation proving that I'm attending the last year of my computer science engineering studies, instead of the final diploma that I will get after my graduation.

Actually, After getting my Mathematics sciences baccalaureate, I studied 2 years in the preparatory classes, and after passing the national contest for engineering schools, I went to the National Institute of Statistics and Applied Economics where i'm attending the last year now ( the 3rd year after the preparatory classes  ).

Looking forward to get an answer from you.

Cheers

This is my first time applying as a general scholar for the CSC Scholarship. I think one of the first steps says to contact your embassy, so I contacted the Chinese Embassy in DC with some questions and this was the response:

- I live in Florida, do I have to send my documents to the consulate in Texas or can I send them to the embassy in DC? If I have to send them to the consulate in Texas, will the agency number be the same or different? 

You should send documents to our Consulate General in Houston, Texas. The agency number is different. 

- I want to study as a general scholar since I have already graduated from college. I want to learn Chinese. So, do I still need to send transcripts or just my diploma?  Both.

So, it seems that certain areas of the country can only send their application to certain consulates. 

Is there a way that I can attach the application steps I received from the Texas Consulate? 

• Like 1

To attach files, click 'more reply options' at the bottom of the text box and follow instructions at the bottom. Make sure you've uploaded the file, not just selected it. Good luck with the application!

I.carranza,

I would say just apply. It seems you are in the clear. You will be 24 when applying so it appears that you meet this key criterion as mentioned on the "Study in China" website:

1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.

2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:

be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs

I don't see why you turning 25 in July would make you ineligible. Am I missing something here? It seems you will be fine, no?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Salih,

Determine to whom you will send your application (Chinese Embassy in Morocco or directly to university programs in China?) and then contact those parties to see what they say about this.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

ChaChaJ,

Thanks for the hot tip. I was just going to send my application to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC, but I guess I should check with them first to see if I should send it to the Chinese Consulate in New York instead (my home state is in the New York consular district).

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Roddy Thanks!

@ChrisTwoTimes   Yea, no problem. Hopefully, the New York Consulate procedures are a little more straight forward. The steps for the process from the Texas Consulate seems to be a little different (unless I am misunderstanding).

I have attached the procedures for applying through the Texas Consulate. To me it looks like you send one packet with the application by March 25, then you send another with the physical by April 20? I know on the csc site it says that the agency number is the first thing needed for the application. However, the Texas Consulate steps say they don't give the applicant the agency number until the beginning of April, So, I don't understand how to send the application by Mar 25 without the agency number.

I also thought everything was sent at the same time, in one packet. This makes it look like a two step process. Hopefully, someone can look it over and help shed some light on it for me (I have e-mailed the lady at the Texas consulate again but she isn't much help it seems). 2016-2017 Chinese Government Scholarship.doc