Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Alex Hart 

It looks like we are going to be classmates!!!!! 

That is so awesome you have already been to China. This will be my first time so I am really looking forward to experience the entire new world and immerse myself into the Chinese culture. I am just SO excited!!!!!

We both can send bottles of Hangzhou's clean air ! xD I'll also have to make sure to download Pleco before I leave...my Chinese is very good so I hope even though I haven't had as much experience as HSK 4, I'll learn fast, study hard and absorb everything like a sponge  :shock:  :shock:

Although ordering food will be interesting...I plan on living off of 饺子 米饭 , 和 面饭 for awhile  :P

@ELIJAH

You wrote about the partial scholarship, which you received last year. It was on Bilateral progr? 

Actually, my Ministry of Educ\Embassy said me that Bejing => they can only provide a full scholarship... but CSC website tells another info  :roll:

@Tiyo I applied through the embassy. I had help from the director of the Chinese department at my school. He helped me get everything together to send directly to the embassy. Was a lot of hard work and effort but totally worth it.

@josesierrag

Let me put this way - insurance (chinese or foreign) is beautiful thing, but I recommend you bring hard cold cash. Chinese hospitals will not treat you (unless your condition is life treathening) unless you pay them upfront. Any kind of insurance is useless at the moment you need medical attention. Insurance company will reimburse you only after your medical treatment is over. If chinese insurance ciompany won't, lets hope foreign one will. in conclusion, I recommend buying some foreign insurance too and not rely on the chinese one only.

• Like 2

Whenever I go to the hospital, I pay out of my own pocket. Is the medical insurance enough? Well, it is a bit of a hassle to begin with. What normally happens is you get sick, go to the hospital(s) covered by your medical insurance, you pay the bill and you submit a copy of the bill to your university. They will then decide whether or not your ailment coincides with what your insurance covers. They never really explain anything well enough, they don't specify what is covered and exactly how much. It's just ONE BIG HASSLE. So just try not to get sick.

In Shanghai, I go to a private hospital because it is affordable (the Chinese departments). Just avoid international hospitals, clinics and the foreigner departments at hospitals. Foreigners are allowed to be treated at normal Chinese hospitals.

@Rebel - they will have to send you the visa application form and your admissions notice. So these are probably the documents they're talking about.