Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Hello everyone! In case we do get the scholarship, when do we have to be in China? Before 1st September? And what about going from airport to our campuses? Is there going to be someone waiting for us at the airport? Or we have to figure it out by ourselves? 

• Like 2

• New Members

in mid april i applied to BJTU and my status changed to :accepted (congratulations your application is successful) but till now i have not heard from any of them and i heard the winners were announced but i have not got any email from email what does this mean??? anybody with an honest answer??? am freaking out now

Hey everyone! Haven't joined an internet forum of any sort in about a decade haha but have just stumbled upon this forum today, having just finally found out that I am apparently accepted into Shanghai Int'l Studies U for Mandarin study this coming year. Heavens, it's about time that everyone heard something, so I sincerely wish that each of you have news soon if you haven't yet.

Anyone else venturing to SISU? I am likewise curious about when to get my flight into the country, etc. This application process has been one of the stranger ventures in my life, but I guess that's one reason many of us are wishing to go over to get some level of proficiency in Mandarin, that another world will become familiar to us...

Pleased to enter into this community!

• Like 4

• New Members

Hey guys, this might be repetitive but hear me out. I was admitted to the Global Manufacturing Master at Tsinghua University and I have a couple of questions concerning the CSC scholarship:

1. The university recommended me for the scholarship and I have heard that this means that I will get it "for sure". I am not sure how reliable this statement is. Could you share your experiences?

Furthermore, I have received this message:

Dear Chinese Government Scholarship applicant,

This is to inform you that Tsinghua University would like to nominate you as a candidate for Chinese Government Scholarship. 

Please note that the Scholarship awarded result will be subject to the approval of the China Scholarship Council. Once the final result of the Chinese Government Scholarship is announced by the China Scholarship Council, we will promptly notify you by e-mail. If you fail to receive the Chinese Government Scholarship, the fees for the duration of your first academic year at Tsinghua University will be covered by yourself. From the second academic year, you will still have the chance to apply for the tuition scholarships for current graduate students at Tsinghua University (the tuition scholarships cover partial or full tuition fee for one academic year) based on the relevant policies of the Chinese government and Tsinghua University.

Thanks for your kind understanding. We sincerely welcome you to Tsinghua University. 

Best regards,
Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office

--

研究生院奖助管理办公室
Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office
Tsinghua University

2. Do you know which type of dorm room scholarship recipients will get? I have read that Tsinghua has 3 different types of rooms ranging from single room (1 person per room), to AB room (2 people, 1 entrance, shared bathroom) and a single room with 2 beds in it (2 people in one room).

That's it for now. Thanks for your attention :) I wish you all the best of luck and hope that the majority of us gets a scholarship this year.

Cheers,

Cano

• New Members

Hi Friends, I have applied to csc through Embassy and it changed to 'In progress' saying " Application Status: In Progress, Please fill out all the information step by step until the application status 'Submitted' " So, what does it mean? I have already filled out the form why it is asking me again? is there any one who experienced this text? Need i filled out again? please share me what it exactly mean and what i need to do.Thank u for info!!!!

@Dema you don't need to fill it again. In progress simply means CSC has received your application and is reviewing it. It usually is takena s a good sign as in very rare cases are people with in progress status rejected. But again the status change is not something conclusive and is no guarantee for a scholarship award. For now all I can say is sit back and wait till July 31st or early August for embassy applicants. Good luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cano said:

The university recommended me for the scholarship and I have heard that this means that I will get it "for sure". I am not sure how reliable this statement is. Could you share your experiences?

I think it's definite yes. Only problem that would arise would be a decrease in uni quota at csc stage. 

• Like 2