Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Nnedi Ugo There was an application option from the OAS webpage, the deadline was March 15th, I don't know about applying directly to the Chinese embassy but so far the latest deadline that I have seen (mentioned somewhere in this forum, not US though) it's April 15th

I strongly recommend you to call as soon as possible to make sure the deadline hasn't passed.

@MrDuque I'm applying for general scholar under the Chinese government scholarship. I'm aware that some agents are a bit slower than others and the admission and visa timeline is much less likely the same for all agents. You just have to be patient and wait for the announcement.

By the way, does receiving an award letter means for sure will get the scholarship? 

@Jabri I think yes, at least in my case, I believe they aren't sending more applications than the ones allowed in their quota so that's why they preselect potential candidates first. (Some sponsors send more applications that the allowed)

Besides, I read that all the applicants inside the quota will receive the scholarship and if you don't have a pre admission letter, they will find an institution for you depending of the results of your preferred institutes.

Hello everyone, asking for help.

I got an Award letter for CSC from Chinese Embassy for my Master's, now I need to get Pre-Admission letter from chosen universities.

What if I don't enclose the Pre-Admission letter because I can receive it only after the deadline - 15th April, as universities refuse to send it to me without valid HSK results and I get my results on 18 April. 

If I get Pre-Admission letter after the deadline, is it possible that I'll be placed at the university I chose in the application?

Best regards!

@MrDuque medicine

Today I finally found the right number to call...It turns out it expired like a week ago...I did leave my phone number just in case...

What do I do now? I even checked with the local Confucious institute for a language scholarship, but since I already have an HSK 5 I wouldn't be able to get it...Basicly, all I can do now is prepare for the entrance exam here in my home country...Then 6 years of med school, will I ever be able to at least visit China? And what about the language, there's only so much I can study on my own and only using what I can find online...Who am I going to talk to, how am I going to actually use the language? :cry:

@xit sorry about that. Have you tried researching up on more uni specific scholarships in China?? There sure are a few unis offering scholarships and considering your HSK level is good I think it would be easier to get a non med related scholarship say a language scholarship. Try researching more. Though I envy your med school possibility.

@xit If you seriously really wanna go, why don't hold off on Med school and look into applying for next year? Med school will always be there. So will China. But if you tried to go later in life, would you have any time? If you really want to pursue things, you'll find a way to make time for it. Think about it. 

It seems both the language and medicine program applications have ended...They say they will check either way and let me know...

That's the thing that's worring me...When will I have the time and the opportunity to do anything like this ever again? But on the other hand, I'm in my early twenties...It took some time for me to figure out what I really want to do, nothing other than medicine will do. If I wait a year, there's a chance I might not even be able to get the scholarship. And what would I do with an empty year? It feels like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...Is it possible to do one year in uni here and then transfer or apply again?

@xit you can apply to the scholarship until you are 25. So you are fine if next year is not your 26th birthday :wink:

You can also apply to the universities directly and try to qualify for local government scholarships.

@Jabri It's good to hear that, I hope everyone in the forum get the scholarship.

@Nnedi Ugo Did you call the embassy? What was their response?

@MrDuque No I couldn't find the right number to call and no one was helpful when I called the main front. Just tryna help a friend out. I applied 2 years ago and I remember applications ending on the first. I told my friend he should try next year and hope for the best. 

@Artemiy

I have the same problem... I cannot enclose the Pre-Admission Letter because I can receive it only after submitting the Chinese Government Scholarship Application form. The university (BFSU - Beijing Foreign Studies University) refused to send it to me without having first my Application Form, so I had to submit it without Pre-Admission Letter...

I hope we could get the letters even after the deadline... And if so, if both universities say "yes" and accept us, we hopefully would be placed at them even without enclosing the letters... I don't know...

• Like 1

I have amazing news! I have one week to finish the application and submit all the documents. This is incredible!

I have a question. I am applying as a high school graduate for studying undergrad medicine. The online application asks for years attended, but I took some time between the third or fourth year, finishing as a part time student, but that would make it appear that I studied for longer than the four years. What do I do? Does anyone have any similar experience? Also, I want to apply for medicine, western medicine, not Chinese traditional medicine, but I'm still wondering if I should apply for the English thought or Chinese thought program. Should I attach my HSK certificate if I choose the Chinese one, since I'd like to take the language preparatory year? Also I can't seem to find the western medicine major, everything seems like it's post med school specialties. How do I make sure that I get the prep year? And how do I choose the three universities?

I have less than a week to finish everything, I'd appreciate any help.

@xit

I took a gap-year to work full-time. I listed it in the sectional about previous work experience. I just did the full range of my studies, I am hoping they connect the dots. I don't think it should be much of an issue since they will see your transcripts etc..

@xit If I may ask where are you from? And when I studied in China, I met many people taking the English taught programs. They're not good to be honest (but I have also heard the same for the Chinese taught programs as well). But people go for in the sense to have a great experience, not so much to get quality education. I would say go more for the Chinese programs if at that for they will stimulate your brain more into improving your Chinese. Also, some of the English taught programs through the Chinese universities cost more and not all necessarily funded by the scholarship so you should look into it before you apply. And yes do attach your HSK but I am pretty sure you can also mention that you would like a year of Chinese language even if you attach it. I can't remember. I only did the language program so I only know but so much. But I am pretty sure if I haven't forgotten, you can request for it on your application? 

To choose the 3 universities, look on the CSC website to see which schools are funded by the scholarship and start narrowing down to see where you would like to live and what schools are the best etc. Think about the location, the curriculum, the school environment, and look on the school's websites to get a sense of feel where you would see yourself the most. 

• Like 1