Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

If they see the transcripts they should connect the dots. As long as they look. I think I'd prefer studying in Chinese. I am from a small country in Europe, English is not my mother tongue, but studying medicine in English wouldn't be any more difficult than doing so in my mother tongue. No difference. Chinese, on the other hand...I would definitely need a year of dedicated language study. I know it would be much harder, but if I chose the English way, I would basically be trapped in the foreigner bubble for years. Will my Chinese level improve and will I really experience China? And if I choose the Chinese way, will my language skills be enough?

I do have quite a big gap. It doesn't make me look good, but it wouldn't matter in my home country. My grades should be ok, and other than this all I have to my advantage are English and Chinese language certificates. This is making me nervous. I'm still really grateful for the opportunity.

EDIT: Just to check, but is clinical medicine (bachelors, 5 years) the equivalent of western medicine, the one I would study in my home country, that would end up with me becoming a doctor? I want to make sure, so I don't end up with a wrong major. Because I have found other majors like preventive medicine, laboratory medicine, basic medicine...

@xit Go to campuschina.org and look for your desired institution, you will find their programs between introduction section and key programs section if the English degree is marked with a red * you can apply to that program.

I did not put anything in the education history section because that's mostly intended for MS and PhD applicants.

Edit: Sorry, I double checked and made a mistake I actually did submit that section. My recommendation is to quantify the amount of academic years that you studied and put them in. However, if your transcripts state the specific amount of time that you took to get them then you will have to put the 4 years.

@xit tes, I think clinical medicine is equivalent. You should also check how to validate your degree in your country. 

In my country those who get degrees abroad have to pay a fee and get their academic qualifications evaluated before being able to use the degree. I don't know how that works in other countries though.

I did attach the transcript, but just looking at the from to dates makes it look ridiculous...Could it lower my chances? That's what's worring me...

Do you have any advice for the study plan? What about the medical form? And once I'm finished with all of this, then it's just waiting to hear if I got excepted or not?

@xit 

1. Be concise about your study plan, talk about what do you want to study and why do you want to study in China, what are the resources that you will be able to obtain there compared to your country. Talk about what are you going to do once you get graduated and what are you going to do in the next 5-10 years.

2. In my case, I had to do the medical examinations outside my health services because I would have had to get a appointment, and ask a doctor about writing an medical order for taking those tests. That would have taken 10 days at least and I may have lost the opportunity to apply, so I paid them and they were ready in 3 days. Right after receiving the test I went to the Red Cross and had those documents reviewed and stamped by a doctor. (The Red Cross had also those medical services at a lower price but I didn't know about them)

At the end everything turned out pretty well, I got my passport in February 27, the medical examinations in 28 and submitted them the same day, the deadline for virtual documents was march 1st. :P

By the way, don't worry about the time, I think academic performance is more important, especially in areas related to your field.

I hope this helps

@MrDuque I submitted my online application~ I couldn't attach the HSK, but i'll send a paper copy. I'll be going to the doctor on monday and handing over everything then. I really hope i get the scholarship. Do I also have to fill in application form that I received from the embassy?

For the length, I put six years, because I read somewhere on this forum that I should add one year for the language study.

Hi,

I'm in Australia and was going to try and submit an application to study Chinese for a year or two.

Do most programs start in September or January of the next year? I'm in my final year of university and don't finish until mid-November. 

Is there a list of deadlines for applications anywhere? All I could find written on the CSC website was 'early January to mid April'.

Hi all I submitted my application to the embassy in february. This is my second time taking the embassy route and it is really hurting to wait without any form of response, no clear message as to whether you were recommended or not. I keep checking my status daily and it doesn't seem to change from submitted. Should I still hope or simply give up as in fact I tried to call the embassy to find out and no reply. 

@LanceGonzaThe Washington DC embassy in the US has already sent out award letters for this year. They said they will send all the documents in May to Beijing. What country are you applying in? I'm guessing the time table in other countries could be different. I had luck with searching these forums for the right person to email at the embassy. After that they were very responsive.

• Like 1

@cliveface96 The dateline for the applications is different for different institutions/agents. I think most people here apply through the embassy. The bad news is that most of the embassy dateline is already overdue. But you could try to call the Chinese embassy in your country perhaps they still accept applications. As far as I know, you could try UNESCO fellowship programme as the dateline is 20 April but you have to apply through the national commission(NC) of UNESCO in your country. Contact them as soon as possible since they are the ones that going to send your documents to the headquarter of UNESCO in Paris since UNESCO don't accept individual applications(by 20 April your documents must reach Paris, so you do your math). Besides unesco, you could try Chinese universities scholarship programme. There are few university that still open applications but the dateline is approaching.

@LanceGonza Yeah, I know what it feels like. I was about to give up week ago too. I sent my documents to 3 agents as a backup plan. I apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship, Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Scholarship(HES), and UNESCO Fellowship programme. Thank God I got my award letter on 5th April through email from the Chinese embassy. On that same day, I was out preparing the documents to apply for the UNESCO Fellowship programme as I thought I wouldn't make it since I did call the embassy to check whether they received my documents and to ask how many applicants this year and they said about 300+ applicants. The next day too I received an email stating that I passed the preliminary documents review for the Taiwan HES. However, I decided to choose CGS over HES as I plan to work in China after 2 years of language study.

This is your second try. You are a persistent guy I hope you will make it this time. 

@cliveface96 so far this is the list of universities that I know and it's dateline :

1. Shanghai Maritime University (April 30, 2017)
2. Hohai University (April 15, 2017)
3. Beijing Institute of Technology (April 15, 2017)
4. Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics (April 06, 2017)
5. Beijing University of Posts & Telecommunications (April 10, 2017)
6. Southwest jiaotong university ( April 15, 2017)
7. Zheijiang university ( April 20, 2017) 
8. Shanghai university ( April 15, 2017) 
9. Chinese academy of agricultural sciences ( April 20, 2017 )
10. China university of petroleum (April 15,2017)
11. Nanjing university of science and technology (April 10, 2017)
12. Qingdao University of science and technology (April 10, 2017)

Xinjiang uygur autonomous region government scholarships for neighboring countries (from March - August )

I went today to hand in the documents...I need to go again because I was missing a picture on the medical. I asked about that thing I mentioned somewhere above, he didn't say anything deffinite, but from the way he spoke and everything it feels like there's no chance...I haven't felt this sad in a long time...This is something I really wanted, I really hoped it could be done...I hope everyone here has better luck~

1 hour ago, Lollipopii said:

Where did you get this list from? I want to know about other universities too

I don't know about @Jabri, but I found out all the deadlines for the universities I applied to on the university websites! 

Thanks yeah am really a hunter. We never give up. Yeah I have someone to contact at embassy but he never replies and the embassy here merely takes your docs and never tells you about who was nominated or not. I tried calling person in charge this week to ask about my nomination to no avail. It is frustrating. @igoeth@Jabri