Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Well it was posted by someone with a north african sounding name, and on a glance of the passport pictures, I see 2 women wearing a scarf on their head or jihab something so I assumed it was an african country. Now I realize it is probably from a middle east country. Or anywhere in the world, I don't really think it matters, It's just a fun pic

1 minute ago, LanceGonza said:

Anyone knows about my query above??

Judging from previous years' threads, Chinese universities and the Government scholarship offices are hard to reach and pretty much leave you in the dark until they send you an admission decision. If DHL says the package was delivered online, your application has most likely been received.

• Like 2

I have applied for two universities through Chinese government scholarship-university program. As you
know CSC will assign university if I accepted for both of them.
As you know the rank of SJTU University is better. So if I apply for this universities through the shanghai
government scholarship, so imagine I accept, once again CSC will assign one of the universities?
I mean the CSC and SGS are in contact? In other words, is it possible to win SGS for one university and
CSC for another one?

@xit Hi I'm also applying for bachelor's degree studies, why do you plan to major in? In my case, mechanical engineering.

Ask your teachers to write them and convert them PDF format. Don't forget to explain them that the application system requires you to send the recommendations by yourself.

@Angelina I've Applied to SJTU, for my masters in Biology and I passed the interview and everything. The online Portal says I am "Admitted" and has the pre- Admission Letter Uploaded. But my scholarship details say "under review". I applied under CSC any idea how long it will be before I find out what kind of scholarship I am getting? Also who decides on the scholarship award, The university or the ministry?

@vabbian It depends on what type of scholarship you've applied for at the CSC website: A, B, C. However, in case you dont receive the A type scholarship, the university may consider offering you a partial scholarship or a full payment studying. 

• New Members

Thank God, I received an award letter from the Chinese embassy in my country. I'm really surprised. I didn't expect that I could get the award letter as the announcement should have been made latest by 2nd April. By then, if there is no email from the embassy, the applicants should expect that they didn't get the recommendation.
Today, I received an email from the embassy at 3.00 p.m, I am in a mixed state right now ! haha