Chinese-Forums

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)上海交通大学 CSC and Other Scholarship Applications

MaLei

Am sorry for coming to this topic where I am not an applicant but this topic seems to have so much activity so am hoping to find some help. My scenario is I filled an online application form to a Chinese uni and on printing found that I had chosen my highest degree(qualification) wrongly. I had instead chosen my intended degree level. On sending my application materials I did attach an apology and clarification letter(contains application number). Another problem I realised is that my application number had due to a printing error been cut by three digits. Does anyone know what I can do now because I have already sent docs but am scared of rejection. Forgive my nervousness. Thanks.

• Like 1

@LanceGonza What response have you got from the international student office of your respective university.? I guess if it would be so serious issue they already would have notified you. Even after attaching an apology and clarification letter, you haven't received than any email?

• Like 1

@Eng_Mar3329 My docs are in transit and will reach by tomorrow. However because I had a deadline to beat I couldn't wait for their email reply. Prior to sending docs I had sent two emails and no reply had been got. So I just corrected the mistake by hand and attached the letter with a sentence referencing the emails and explaining the need to beat a time deadline. 

@Tiri thanks for your suggestion. It is however quite expensive for me to call the uni. Thanks for all responses.

• Like 1

Don't worry this will not be an issue. I wrongly uploaded some documents too but international student office already sorted out the issue. So Relax!!! It happened by mistake, wait for few days as i guess your respective university's international student office  has not responded yet means they might be waiting for the arrival documents package, you will get their response once they receive the package. Best of luck!!!

• Like 1

@LanceGonza if you fill out something wrong, most universities email you to clarify and ask you to upload correct stuff and what not, you would be very unlucky to miss out on it.

@Tiri what ever goof up you committed the SJTU scholarship committee didnt throw your application out of the window, so theres only a small chance the CSC will.

@everyone From what I can tell SJTU keeps on mailing us that they are waiting for CSC notice, most probably the university is waiting for the Final List of approved candidates from the CSC after which they will publish results.

The have not released any nomination list, and in the current scenario one must assume that after so many people got rejected the ones who didnt were nominated to the CSC and the results should be out soon lol.

Nomination is 99% of the scholarship I hear and the CSC is just a rubber stamp, so unless you are really unlucky you should get a scholarship of some sort!

Believe ! :P (but dont count your eggs just yet lol)

• Like 2

Oh I believe, all right! Here's the deal though: registration for dorms opens on July 12th. They said results will be out by mid-July (I know they also said next week, but they said end of May once too, so...) I hope they do not expect us to pay for the dorms before CSC accepts us xDDD