Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

• New Members

Hey guys, a quick question.

I'm planning on applying for a CSC scholarship  for one year Chinese language study in Shanghai. But, from what I saw on the campuschina website, there are only Fudan and East China Normal University accepting CSC language students. But on the other hand, SJTU web-site says they are also accepting CSC non-degree Chinese language students. It's a bit confusing. 

Anybody has any info or experience on this?

Thanks in advance! :D

They are nigerians in schools like taiyuan uni of tech, xiamen uni , jilin univ which i no off.so i tink dos school accept nigerians. I apply to chanchung univer of sci and tech and nanjin university of sci and tech bcos of its free application but i wud advice u to pay uestc or u find other free  application school.xiamen is 400rmb. I applied buh av nt paid yet. I might not

Hello House, 

Thanks for the updates so far please could you help with information on this '' on the CSC portal I am to upload publications or paper to be published as a PhD applicant'' I want to ask  do I just provide list of my journals or will I need to give abstracts of all my papers about 15? Because I am considering it that it will be too voluminous to give abstracts. Thanks

Hey! I figured its probably too late to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship online (I read the deadline has passed), however is it too late to apply to universities individually? I want to do the one year course of Mandarin study. And can I do the one year language study without HSK 3? 

@Oguchi4 Well actually I know each Chinese Embassy in each country is notifying people differently. Everyone I know applying from the DC embassy was notified on whether they were nominated for the scholarship last week. We will be sent the materials in July on what school we will be attending and all. Some embassies won't notify people till July so it varies. 

And @shamaziav2@yahoo.com If you applied and sent your materials to the embassy in DC, I recommend you give them a call. My friend applied but never got the email but I later found out he never mailed his application to them. He called and they let him send in his stuff late. You can find the phone number of who to contact I believe on page 3 of this fourm. Its a post I have with a screenshot of the email I was sent. 

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@Nnedi Ugo ok, I mailed my stuff in a little late (the 26th) under the permission of miss Chen Li. Hopefully it just hasn't been processed yet? I'll give them a call tomorrow. But do you know if they send an email to let you know you don't get the award letter or do they just not contact those people?

@shamaziav2@yahoo.com Ah the 26th? Yeah they notified us the 27th. It could be possible that they haven't received it yet unless you did express shipping. From my past experience, they don't notify people if they did not receive the scholarship. I would still call/email them. It won't hurt. But good luck!

@Nnedi Ugo

You applied online and mailed application to DC embassy, right? I contacted the Los Angeles consulate and they said there was no need to mail any documents -- online application is sufficient, but there is conflicting information (both ways) online. My fingers are crossed they didn't misinform me.

Am not in china am in nigeria. U Have to find a contact in China. That it part of the reason i didn't complete my xiamen registration. There payment portal  for online z not going. I just 

applied to schools that don't demand for application fee. They are lot of great school day don't demand for application fee. If u want i can give a list of them

@Oguchi4

Not that if I want..........

I really want the list.......meanwhile, is Chinese government scholarship still on? I thought it closed already.

I will also want the list of schools that will not request for hard copy application package because all that I sent to Zhejiang, Sichuan and USTC have not delivered and it has spent more than three weeks. Meanwhile what they wrote on their application portal is that all the hardcopies must reach their respective admission office before 31st of march. Today is 2nd of April and it is yet to delivered.

It means I did not meet up with the packages. Please if you have list of school that will not request for application fee and hardcopy documents, you can include them.

Thanks bro

@Oguchi4

Not that if I want..........

I really want the list.......meanwhile, is Chinese government scholarship still on? I thought it closed already.

I will also want the list of schools that will not request for hard copy application package because all that I sent to Zhejiang, Sichuan and USTC have not delivered and it has spent more than three weeks. Meanwhile what they wrote on their application portal is that all the hardcopies must reach their respective admission office before 31st of march. Today is 2nd of April and it is yet to delivered.

It means I did not meet up with the packages. Please if you have list of school that will not request for application fee and hardcopy documents, you can include them.

Thanks bro

Jilin university

Nanjing university of technology

Chanchung univ of sci and tech

University of science and tech beijing

Taiyuan university of technology china

And some others that i av not checked.

There are more dan 200 universities in china. 

I hope they still accepts ur application

I heard uestc shifted der deadline bcos different schools different deadline. U av to login to different schools to check der deadline. 

Sending ur documents thru mail can take time. Wat u shud av done is to fine a contact in china and scan the doc to d peson to mail for u. U will jst pay the peson the mailing fee. Its faster if u av a contact der. My alma mater university have a confuscious institute, so dey av sponsored lots of people from my school to china. So i happen to know a peson. So sending my doc didnt take me a day and it arrived at the school.

I wont advice embassy bcos u know the way chinese embassy in naija they might not regard u.

Incase of next time. And very many nigerians get confuscious institute scholarship but very few nigerians get awarded csc scholarship so u need to be very prayerful

Like i said i applied last year and went through the award list for very institute

Lots of parkistan, sudan, kenyan, us, ethiopia either one or two nigerians or none.