Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

8 hours ago, ToussaintWilliams said:

Do we hear back by July 1st or throughout July at random dates?

-Toussaint

It varies, but I remember I heard back from the embassy in the last week in July back in 2015

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ToussaintWilliams said:

Wow, that’s crazy. It’s so nerve wrecking to wait around. And are selections as random and “out of luck” as everyone says it is?

I think it varies it depends on your embassy. No one truly knows, to be honest. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Hi guys, I just found this thread today so hopefully I could get some help regarding CSC. I applied for it through the Embassy in my country (Bilateral Program) and got further nominated for it. Like, I had a proper interview by a panel then I received a notification about being further nominated for the scholarship to the Government of China. I had Peking and Fudan as my preferences so am I supposed to send an individual application to the universities as well? Or will I get selected into the unis as per my application sent through the Embassy? If yes, then what is the criteria for selction or is it just random? Pls help me out.
Thanks. x

• New Members

Hey guys, this is weird, I have searched a lot regarding this topic

For the issue of applying by multiple accounts. I saw Tsinghua University saying this is not allowed, but then I emailed Zhejiang and they said it is allowed. It's also of mixed opinions here some say it's okay but then some would say it's not allowed.

Can someone who has applied through multiple accounts/has a friend with multiple accounts chime in? Did you get the scholarship/not get the scholarship?

• New Members

Hey guys! I want to get into a program at fudan. Either the non-degree business immersion or language. However, I tried to contact multiple times with no answer concerning the pre-admission. I am planning on applying independently and pay the fees but my concern is I will probably get an answer after the deadline and when the application will be close. What can I do? The Chinese embassy told me to not worry if I don’t have a pre-admission before the deadline, because they will place me with my choices. However I really want to get into that program. What can I do?

Hey everyone! 

It's that time again where we have to wait till the very last minute to find out about the scholarship! Think last time I received it they let me know one month in advance, so be ready with all your visa application documents! Good luck to everyone! At this point, patience is key! 

As crazy as it sounds I came to China the first time on the CSC almost two years ago...and my time with that program is almost up! In the blink of an eye! I am applying for one more year because I son't want to leave this awesome place yet hah! 

• Like 1

• New Members

@Eyinlojuoluwa

I apply for master degree. 

Who knows, I am confused now since when I applied they said - no need to send hard copies of documents, just apply it at the online system, then in April after internal reviewing of your application university will send letter whether you need to send hard copies or not. And now I don't know what to do - send or not.

@Angelina Thank-you. I just happen to notice that my friend who submitted documents after 7 days at ZJU. His online status has changed from application documents received to incomplete. I sent my documents 7 days earlier than him courier status confirms. I sent email to ZJU 5 days ago regarding whether they have received my documents or not and they haven't replied yet. What shall I do? Shall I send them one more copy since the deadline is after 3 days. My documents status still says "unreceived" 

@tungggz I have applied to the local province, as well as CSC scholarship within the same university and they, are Okay with it. In the end, They will give you only Scholarship. Regarding Multiple CSC accounts, I believe It's not an issue. If it would have been then CSC wouldn't allow you to submit the application. For an example, When I applied at Sun-Yat-Sen, I had trouble with my first online account so I created a new one and tried to submit their online website rejected my 2nd account because I had filled up my passport no. in first account even though I had not submitted my application. So, They know already which means CSC allows it in this case, if they don't want to then they would restrict based on the passport no. (It's just a guess IMHO)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

What shall I do? Shall I send them one more copy since the deadline is after 3 days. My documents status still says "unreceived" 

Just wait 

1 hour ago, Angelina said:

Just wait 

Thank-you, Angelina. I confirmed with the school on a phone call today morning and they have said no need to re-send. They just haven't updated status and may take some time.