Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Angelina What is the interview test? My application status is as "passed department first review,wait for the interview test". I have been waiting 20 days after this status ,but still no notification about interview yet. Explain me what are their interview procedures and how many days should I need to wait for it?. Thanks

1 hour ago, Sandrock said:

@Angelina What is the interview test? My application status is as "passed department first review,wait for the interview test". I have been waiting 20 days after this status ,but still no notification about interview yet. Explain me what are their interview procedures and how many days should I need to wait for it?. Thanks

This depends on the university and the department. Please check your email at least once every day, be available. You can also try to call them if you can find the right phone number on their website (university, admissions office, department). 

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

Hey all, thanks for the help so far. Things are looking good I think. I just have a question about the pre-admission letters. For the application I sent to the embassy, my first choice has said they don't give pre-admission letters. I have received a pre-admission letter from my 3rd choice school though.

My question is, if I give them the pre-admission letter for only the 3rd school, will that make it more likely that they will place me in the 3rd choice as opposed to the first or second?

I've also sent applications directly to each of the 3 universities, so would it be best just to submit the pre-admission letter with the direct application as opposed to the embassy app?

• Good question! 1

Hello Angelina.. I wanna ask my document to you. I have pre admission letter from TJU and I attach it via embassy. TJU is my 1st preferred institute. I apply Master of Applied Psychology at TJU. On this month at 5, I got information from ZJNU that I have a good chance to get CGS. They asks me and others to make sure our phone number are available. I apply Master of Translation at ZJNU via university directly. It can be a problem or not if I apply 2 program but in different ways?

Regards,

Maruli

Hello, I may need you guys help since this is urgent. I have received call from school saying that they want to conduct an interview through Wechat.

Could anybody tell me what kind of question they usually ask? And has anyone had experience with this form of interview?

Someone from either the Chinese embassy in my country or CSC called me today. I couldn't really make it out since my phone's audio was terrible. And there were some unexpected circumstances so I told the person on the phone that I'll call him back later. Problem is, he used a landline, which is really expensive to call. I'm kind of out of cash right now and I still have a problem with my audio. So, I need some other form of communication. The most viable of which is email. So, can anyone please help me out with CSC's email address? The website is not working for me. 

4 hours ago, Lee Cinaga said:

Hello Angelina.. I wanna ask my document to you. I have pre admission letter from TJU and I attach it via embassy. TJU is my 1st preferred institute. I apply Master of Applied Psychology at TJU. On this month at 5, I got information from ZJNU that I have a good chance to get CGS. They asks me and others to make sure our phone number are available. I apply Master of Translation at ZJNU via university directly. It can be a problem or not if I apply 2 program but in different ways?

Try both. The embassy will nominate you for attending TJU and then ZJNU will nominate you too. These are two different applications, you are using two different agency numbers on your applications. Good luck! 

3 hours ago, AprilWMS said:

Problem is, he used a landline, which is really expensive to call. I'm kind of out of cash right now and I still have a problem with my audio. So, I need some other form of communication. The most viable of which is email. So, can anyone please help me out with CSC's email address? The website is not working for me. 

Depends where you are living. Ask around town, what is the cheapest way to make a phone call abroad. Since you are not quite sure who called you, the easiest way to solve this is to call them back. Do you know anyone how has family abroad, there must be way to make a phone call that would be cheap. SkypeOut? 

3 hours ago, trinhmai said:

Hello, I may need you guys help since this is urgent. I have received call from school saying that they want to conduct an interview through Wechat.

Could anybody tell me what kind of question they usually ask? And has anyone had experience with this form of interview?

This is up to the university. 

8 hours ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

My question is, if I give them the pre-admission letter for only the 3rd school, will that make it more likely that they will place me in the 3rd choice as opposed to the first or second?

Yes. 

8 hours ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

I've also sent applications directly to each of the 3 universities, so would it be best just to submit the pre-admission letter with the direct application as opposed to the embassy app?

What are you applying for? For example, for non-degree language courses, universities do not usually give scholarships, your only option is the embassy. If you are talking about PhD studies, you can apply directly through the universities and the embassy too. 

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Angelina said:
9 hours ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

Yes

Wow, in my application, I named Peking & Tsinghua as my top two choices for Non-Degree Language Studies, but only BLCU got back to me with a Pre-Admission letter. Looks like if I do get the scholarship in July, I’ll be placed there.

Anyone know what student life is like at BLCU compared to Peking & Tsinghua?

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@Angelina Yeah, I applied through the embassy, but also directly applied to all three schools (I'm going for a master's degree program). I saw on here that you could apply through the embassy and directly, perhaps increasing your odds, so that's what I did. Now I'm curious if I can use the pre-admission letter ONLY for the direct application to the school that supplied me with the letter.

Here's my situation: School A is my first choice, school C is my third. School A doesn't give pre-admission letters, but I don't want to submit the pre-admission letter for school C in the embassy application and have C take priority over A. I also have direct applications to each school, so I'm wondering if it would be better just to not submit a pre-admission letter for the embassy app, and instead submit it with the direct app. 

I hope I've made the situation more clear and not more complicated haha

• New Members

Question, after receiving the award letter from the embassy, the letter said to pre admission letters so I tried applying to Fudan but not reaching to the application form plus it asks for program code and I can o ly find codes for summer. Any help?

7 hours ago, joonie said:

Hi guys, is there any way to edit the online application after submission. I need to make some changes in my application. There's an option to 'withdraw and edit the application' but seems like it isn't working. Thanks.

Yes, you can edit it. If you cannot edit now then just wait for the university to complete their online review process first and they will let you know.

20 hours ago, OBY said:

Hi guys,

I'll like to know if there's anyone here who has stayed in Shanghai before.

And if 1700 RMB is okay fr a month stay in Shanghai.

Thank You.

1700 RMB is more than enough if you don't dine out every day. The average meal costs 15-20 RMB in metro cities. You would need to rely on home-cooking and you cannot afford to stay outside of the campus. 

Off topic: My ZJU online status updated today from: Documents received: complete. Has anyone else also ZJU status updated as well? For my friend, Status says: Incomplete documents (Missing language certificate). I would like to know if anyone knows how strictly they require HSK score now? Would they consider his application to bypass without HSK? The course is in English medium and they didn't mention anything about HSK score for English medium programs.   

I submitted older HSK exam (prior to 2010) certificate and it seems like they are fine with it. What I came to know is all universities ask HSK certificates for degree programs even if the program is in English medium is that true?

For,  English medium programs they are Ok with the older HSK versions certificate and for Chinese programs they require latest HSK certificate? If anyone (Maybe, Angelina) knows anything about such criteria would be helpful. Thanks

• Helpful 1

On 4/19/2018 at 5:39 PM, AprilWMS said:

Someone from either the Chinese embassy in my country or CSC called me today. I couldn't really make it out since my phone's audio was terrible. And there were some unexpected circumstances so I told the person on the phone that I'll call him back later. Problem is, he used a landline, which is really expensive to call. I'm kind of out of cash right now and I still have a problem with my audio. So, I need some other form of communication. The most viable of which is email. So, can anyone please help me out with CSC's email address? The website is not working for me. 

CSC is slow at responding to emails but not that slow. You could give it a try. This is their email address: laihua@csc.edu.cn, If you don't know who called you, then you can google up the phone number or download the application called "Truecaller" on your phone and search the number.