Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Badger If you just wanna take 1 year course in Chinese, you should choose type A and type your Embassy's agency number. Then, you choose Apply As: General Scholar, Discipline Applying For: Literature n Major Applying For: Chinese Language. Like this below picture.

Screenshot-2018-3-23 填报申请 SmartAdmin AngularJS.png

On 3/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

Do you know for a fact that the x-ray is 100% required no matter what? Is it used for things other than TB?

It is 100% required. It is not used for other things, only TB. 

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@Haz @Angelina So after talking with someone in the embassy (I'm in the US) she said that it's the US embassy's and to her knowledge, the CSC's stance that for:

TB test, if the PPD skin test is negative, there's no reason for an X-Ray, and as long as the doctor signs off on it, it's fine.

ECG/EKG, if there's no history of heart issues, and the heartbeat is regular and a normal rate, once again there would usually be no need for an EKG, and it's fine as long as the doctor signs "good" or "normal"

Blood tests (AIDS, Syphilis, etc.), this one I'm more skeptical about, because at least for the other 2, a doctor can be reasonably certain about not needing further testing.. BUT I was told that even in this case, as long as a doctor signs off that it's OK, the test forms aren't really needed.

Now, this all seems pretty lenient to me, and I have no idea if maybe it's just because I'm in a developed country like America or if they're just willing to take the doctor's professional opinion or what. I don't know if I'll receive the scholarship, and if I don't I certainly hope it's not because of that, but I'll certainly update on here when it happens. At the very least I would suggest everyone ask their embassy, because if I do receive the scholarship without having to have an X-Ray, EKG, and numerous STD tests, that will have saved me a few hundred dollars. Hopefully it all works out because this was information I received directly from the education dept. of the Chinese embassy.

Hello House, 

Thanks for the updates so far please could you help with information on this '' on the CSC portal I am to upload publications or paper to be published as a PhD applicant'' I want to ask  do I just provide list of my journals or will I need to give abstracts of all my papers about 15? Because I am considering it that it will be too voluminous to give abstracts. Thanks

On the application procedure for South China University of Technology;

Applicants are to;

1. Apply on CSC portal , print two copies of application forms and send with their documents 

2. Login to the School website apply on www.scut.edu.cn/apply updatating the above  materials  to the online application system of the school.

What troubles me is that I followed this guidline and have sent my hardcopy together with CSC forms to the school; but when i went on the school website and have successfully updates those materials and submit my application, I see download the application form. Will it be necessary to as well send the school application form in hard copy? Pls. I would be glad if some could say something on this as deadline for submission of every material is 31st march.

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

Couple of questions about the discipline of study/major section of the CGS application.

First, how do you know exactly what to choose if there's not an exact match to the program you're interested in? Do I need to contact the school? For example, if I'm interested in a Master of Finance, on the application there's "finance engineering", "financial management", etc. but not just "finance".

Second, what if the programs I'm interested in are a little different? I'm looking at a handful of programs, Finance, International Finance, Corporate Management. The application website only allows for 1 discipline of study. Is there any chance the major doesn't really matter? Like say could I put "Financial Management" and if I get accepted to the school with Corp. Management, just register for that once I'm there?

Also, while looking through the forums, I started to get concerned by some of the things others are asking. As a Masters applicant, applying through my embassy/CSC is enough right? I don't also need to send things into the schools themselves? I was also seeing people post about having to use different emails to apply to more than one school. Is this just for applying to the schools directly, or am I missing something?

Hey guys.. Wonderful forum.

I need some help with the online platform. When I select Bachelor's Deggre under Apply as category I am only allowed to select Chinese as my preferred teaching language.

Why is that?

Has anyone experienced studying in China in Chinese language without any knowledge of the language whatsoever? Would appreciate any help and thanks.

• New Members

first of all, thanks for this forum and the creator of this thread Ms.Angelina, 
my question is pretty simple I don't know if it has been asked by anyone
I wanna apply for master degree, I've selected about  3 colleges for me.
I made an account on each university's admission website
but in the CSC online portal of admission there's only one place for putting "agency number" and category which means only one university
in this case what should I do ? Can I apply for more than one university or only one
make another CSC account with same name but different E-mail or what ? 
thanks a lot.

• New Members

and does this : "

Steps for direct application to universities for Post graduate applicants

1) Send your application to your preferred school

2) If admitted, school notifies you.

3) School sends it to CSC"

means that I don't have to apply to CSC website for a certain university unless I got the approval  from the university itself ? 

• Like 1

@Malik.Syria

When applying on CSC website, create 3 accounts with 3 different emails. Each University that you are applying to should have its separate account on CSC website.

About whether you get approval before applying on CSC site. You don't need to wait for approval from school, you go ahead apply to CSC and send your hard copies of documents to the University.

• Helpful 1

Malik.Syria, If you want the CSC scholarship you will first apply on the CSC portal print completed application form along with your document and post to the University. If you get the university admission school will notify you and will send your documents to CSC for approval for the scholarship.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

Should an applicant apply to the CSC first or the university first? 

Apply to CSC and University online then print all documents and send to the University or to the Embassy if you do it that way but I haven't helped anyone with the Embassy option

Don’t ask me how I did this :( but I applied for “Chinese Language and Culture” in 3 Beijing universities and already sent my form. Now I realized, that specific program doesn’t exist in any university in Beijing.. should I edit my online form? And hope they don’t declassify me

what do I do?

?

• New Members

Hello all,

I'm applying to Tsinghua's MA in Chinese foreign policy and international relations. Does anyone know how to fill out the Discipline Applying For section? I don't see a politics or even more general social science category. I've already asked Tsinghua, but they haven't gotten back to me and deadline is coming up, as you all know :)

Hi, 

I have a question regarding accounts on the csc website.

If I am applying through the university I only get one chance because I am putting agency number of particular school. So if I want to apply for other schools as well can I set up second account and apply by the embassy as well? Or is that sort of cheating and I am not allowed to do that?

• Like 1