Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@ajkihn

Good day

Please I received a message from University of Electronic Science and Technology China that my application has passed the document review and I should pay $60 which is the application fee.

I heard most universities in China does not recruits Nigerian for MSC. My question is, should I ignore the message and wait for others to send me message because I can't pay the application fee and still end up not admitted. I applied for their own scholarship but not CSC scholarship. 

What do you suggest I do? That $60 is a huge amount of money in Nigeria please.

Here is the copy of the message sent to me

Dear student, 
Congratulations! You have passed the documents review. Please pay CNY ¥420 (USD $60) for application fee online by transfer the money to UESTC bank account(please find the account information in the clarification), and upload the scan copy of the payment in the online application system before 7th, April. After confirmation of the payment, you will get to the next step of your admission(academic review). Please read the "★★Clarification on the APPLICATION FEE to UESTC★★" in the "news list" of http://admission.uestc.edu.cn carefully before transferring (in the news list of the admission webpage). Please keep in touch. 
(Note: Please check your inbox message regularly in your online application system and reply directly in the system instead of sending emails to us, which may cause delay in processing your application.)

On 3/28/2018 at 8:12 AM, cdepersis said:

Tsinghua's MA in Chinese foreign policy and international relations

Great course but I believe the Scholarship deadline on this course was late December

14 hours ago, Eyinlojuoluwa said:

China does not recruits Nigerian for MSC

I know many African and Nigerian students doing very well studying in China, 

But unfortunately if it is an American or European against an African for a place many times the American or European will be chosen.

It isnt good and needs to change but doesnt mean you won't get your Msc place!

Maybe contact a University professor or asst professor and show interest 

This is always a good way to get accepted

Best of luck

• New Members
23 minutes ago, HuayangAcademy said:
On 3/27/2018 at 5:12 PM, cdepersis said:

Great course but I believe the Scholarship deadline on this course was late December

For the Chinese Government Scholarship? The application for the course itself was in late December, but the CGS deadline for my country and nearest consulate is April 1st

@HuayangAcademy

I have contacted almost all the professors in my chosen schools especially zhejiang and Wuhan, but none of them replied my messages. 

I dont know why......may be there is a special way of writing them.........

@GeologistMajor

Thanks so much bro. Which university have you applied to what what level?

1 minute ago, Eyinlojuoluwa said:

may be there is a special way of writing them

Yes there are different tactics to doing it. 

But in the end it just takes one professor to help you get your place. 

Zhejiang is very selective so can be hard to get into

You can find professors on Linkedin and through this sometimes get their WeChat accounts. 

Another good way is to contact current students and get an introduction to professors that way. 

Email replies are rare so I wouldnt count on getting far by sending cold emails

• New Members

Hello, I am applying through CSC-bilateral program (type A). I could not attach pre-admission letter to my application as our dispatching authority gave us very little time but I have given my preference of three universities. I have following questions and would greatly appreciate if someone answer them.

1) Will the university mail me when CSC will send my application to the universities in my preference list?

2) Is there still anyways I can improve my chances of getting to the university in top of my priority list? Like, If a manage to get a pre-admission letter now, will that help?

My preference is as follows:

1) Zhenjiang University

2) Xiamen University

3) UIBE

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Subhan92 said:

1) Will the university mail me when CSC will send my application to the universities in my preference list?

You will probably not hear from them until June - July. In the meantime, you can spend your time waiting on www.chinese-forums.com and check previous topics, the CSC 2017, CSC 2016, where you can see how most people were waiting for months and months. 

• Like 1

@Oguchi4

I have checked things about UESTC and I could discovered that they have only 29 international students while the total population of their students is 31,000+

I am now wondering why the proportion of international student is so low. I dont think they welcome international student as such. Meanwhile, the probability that a Nigerian will be part of those that are international student will be too low.

I also discovered that their research output is low...........

Definitely if I will have to pay #29,000 to the varsity, I am just gambling as the prospect will be too low........

I am still contemplating whether to pay before the deadline which is 7th of April or not. 

Another challenge is the proper way of transferring the money as they dont have payment platform. The success rate of delivery of such money to China will not that high.

I am still strategizing on what to do. Though ij am still waiting for competitive Zhejiang university, USTC and co..........

If I can get through with UESRTC, I will try to pay.