Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Ampicillin

I have trackedmit in three different sites and it gave different status.

See the screenshots of the delivery statuses of the document 

It has Ben like that since last week and it is not moving as well

I checked zhejiang university portal to see if they have seen it. The status there still saying, NOT RECEIVED.

I wrote the email, phone number and school name on all the pestles......I dont know what is going on

Screenshot_20180404-071401.png

Screenshot_20180404-071428.png

Screenshot_20180404-071422.png

@xrare I also have government scholarship this year. They didn't give me the scholarship until December because I apply for this scholarship in October (It's a special scholarship for exchange student). In December they gave me 14 800 yuan in cash (4 months in same time). After in January, February and March they gave me the money in time but in cash, I had a problem with the bank who never allow us to open a bank account. In April I  finally have a bank account and my university will give me the scholarship in time (I hope).

I recommend you to try to ask them to give you the scholarship in cash. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, Usher said:

I heard that if you could submit the acceptance letter, your admittance is 90% guarantee, is that true?

I am not sure about the percentage, but I had one and got the scholarship a few years ago. Good luck!

As for the money, maybe we can try organizing a crowdfunding campaign. Support an aspiring young scholar. I also think that it would be cool if we can do crowdfunding for those of us who want to study anything China-related in other countries. Application fees at U.S. schools are even higher than what Chinese universities charge when we apply to the university directly. 

@ Eyinlojuoluwa reading your post I found out you used NIPOST,  I heard that such is not uncommon with them. You should have used courier services such as DHL, FEDEX  and the likes. I used DHL and my parcel landed in China within 5 days including weekend from Nigeria. It moved even on Sunday. Their price isn't bad as such most especially from campuses where you 'll get access to student price. I hope they'll deliver it eventually. All the best.

• Helpful 1

50 minutes ago, Obafemob said:

I used DHL and my parcel landed in China within 5 days including weekend from Nigeria. It moved even on Sunday. Their price isn't bad as such most especially from campuses where you'll get access to student price.

Nice 

• New Members

Does anyone have any experience with whether the physical documents need to be there on time? My deadline(EU) was April 1st but there were some problems with the delivery so looks like it's first gonna arrive tomorrow or the day after. I called the embassy and they said it was fine as long as it arrived no later than April 10th. But I mean, you guys know how bureaucracy can be, someone answering the phone will say one thing and then things will turn out be different. Goddamn this shit makes me nervous. 

@Eyinlojuoluwa  Most universities won't update status asap. It will take 1-2 weeks for them to process. They likely check documents only after 7-10 days and update info.

@PIRLO Many countries don't have bilateral scholarship programs among China and if they do then there is always a limit to the course that they offer for bilateral scholarship. For an example, My country only supports students who want to learn language program. 

• New Members

Hi,

I have both high IELTS score and high HSK 6 score. I am fine with both English taught and Chinese taught program (although I prefer English). Other than the risk of English program being worse, which one do you guys think I will have a higher chance of admission or obtaining scholarship in universities?

I thought since there are probably more international students applying for English taught programs, Chinese taught program will be less competitive? Am I wrong to think that?

Anyone Zhejiang University online status changed if they have sent their documents? Mine still says documents not received. It's been 7 days and documents has been delivered by courier guy. 

• Good question! 1

On 4/7/2018 at 12:24 AM, tungggz said:

Hi,

I have both high IELTS score and high HSK 6 score. I am fine with both English taught and Chinese taught program (although I prefer English). Other than the risk of English program being worse, which one do you guys think I will have a higher chance of admission or obtaining scholarship in universities?

I thought since there are probably more international students applying for English taught programs, Chinese taught program will be less competitive? Am I wrong to think that?

Some of the English-taught programs might be special programs for foreigners. You have to check each program individually before applying. 

If you are applying for a program taught in Chinese, you have to check if a) you are ready and b) the program is ready. Your classmates will be Chinese. 

*Correction. Some programs taught in English do mean you will work with Chinese people at the same lab and some programs taught in Chinese are also made for international students only, however, in general, most English-taught programs are made for international students only and most Chinese-taught programs are regular programs Chinese students attend. There are exceptions, but generally speaking, this is what you are likely to see. 

If you want to increase your chances of getting a scholarship, again, your best option is to look at the specific program you are interested in. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

@Angelina  Do you have any idea about status changes on online portal of websites? How long they take to update it?

From my experience, you will be waiting here until July.