Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

13 hours ago, laowei said:

It seems like the scholarship only works at the school they choose, even if you're accepted to the one you choose.

This is a big issue and I've heard of students being allowed to choose and CSC choosing on their behalf. 

Would like to get a proper answer on that

@Abmens

Contact the Sichuan University.  Inform them before they find out and see if you can still edit the application. Most schools say: without the stamp on photo physical form would be considered invalid. I hope they still bypass that criteria if you have the good academic record. Some schools don't even require the physical form.

@laowei You better check the university criteria. That is correct some universities don't even need physical copies (Only apply online portal) for an example: Shanghai Jiatong University. 

• New Members

Hi everyone,

This is a niche question for those with a middle name.

On my application form I put, under 'given name', my first name and my middle name. Is this going to be a problem?

I would just change it now but low and behold the website is stuffing up again: this time the 4 digit code is not showing up, preventing me from logging in! 

• New Members

@pan.kasper the Confucius Institute Scholarship and the Chinese Government Scholarship are different -- they require different applications and are submitted at different times. The latter's application deadline is late March. Not sure about the Confucius Institute Scholarship.

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Greetings Dear ladies and gentlemen, I am writing to ask if the C.S.C (Chinese Scholarship Council) website is working properly?, reason why I ask is because, today it wouldn't let me log in to upload all of my documents, as I will be doing my physical examination next week Monday and the deadline for me is April 1st and I will be sending my documents to the Chinese mission embassy in Belgium as it is part of the E.U.- China window government scholarship, can someone please help me and update if the site is still operational? as it is not the deadline yet !! 

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

Hey guys, I hope someone could help me with the medical exam? I'm in America, if that makes a difference.

I have a few questions about the Foreigner Physical Medical Exam that my physician asked me to clarify. When testing for TB, there is a preliminary test that can be used, and if it’s negative, there’s no need for an X-Ray. In that case, is the chest X-Ray still required? She also wanted to make sure that the blood work needed for testing for AIDS/HIV was required. Finally, she was not clear on what ECC means on the form. I hope you can help clarify these.

• New Members

Hi everyone,

Could someone advise me whose data should I give as the contact person in China during the application? I do not know anyone who is currently living in China.. Can I give the contact person of the university I am applying to or should I leave it blank?

Also does anyone else experience difficulties logging into the CSC application website yesterday and today? I last logged in at the beginning of March and I had no issues, Finally I received my pre-admission letter and now I am not able to log in..

Thanks in advance!

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@ajkihn So, the lady from the embassy answered me on this earlier in the day. She said that if they do the skin test for TB and it comes back negative, I wouldn't need the x-ray. Now, I would hope she knows what she's talking about but sometimes people get it wrong. Do you know for a fact that the x-ray is 100% required no matter what? Is it used for things other than TB? Obviously I'd rather not have to use the money and time on that if I don't need to, but I also don't want to submit my stuff thinking it's fine and then get rejected for not having the right materials.

@Haz , 

I think what you did is the  right thing to do, I also did the same, your given name should be your first name and also your middle name, as it is on your international passport: I guess you are expecting them to request for given name(s) on the CSC portal. You may not need to edit that, because putting only your first name could pose some problems. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rustam1996 said:

Hello everyone! Is the information about deadline is true? I thought that deadline is a late June, but people here say that it's late March. Who know anything about that?

Depends on where you're applying from. Check with the Chinese Embassy of your country's webpage for more details but most of the applications are due at the end of March. You don't have much time so get started if you really want to go. 

Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with the study in china website? (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/en/indexen.html)

I finally have all my documents ready for submission and set aside today to have a final review of the universities, choose my top three, and pop my application in the post to the EU embassy in Brussels. However, I am unable to check on the website as while it looks normal it is just one big image, none of the links work except for the red boxes. I can click on the 'universities' tab but this just downloads an excel spreadsheet list of all the universities that offer the scholarship along with their English website link. I just wanted to double check that the deadlines for the universities I hope to apply to (Sichuan International Studies University, Guangdong foreign studies university ) had not been missed yet, and that they indeed offer 1 year Chinese language courses. This was easy to check on study in china website previously but I find the universities own websites incredibly difficult to navigate!

blob.thumb.png.6f03da425cf18f4b77d3536b9129d6ba.png

Would anyone recommend to me what I should do?

Also: I was wondering If it worth me attaching to my application my certificate from completion of a Chinese course at my local Confucius institute? And a screenshot of my HSK3 and HSKK score online? (i have not received the actual certificate yet). I know these are not necessary for my application but thought they may help.

Thanks xx :)

Hi guys! Does anyone know how to apply online to Xiamen University's website? Cause i already applied to CSC online and i filled all of  the blanks in the form of Xiamen's online application,uploaded all of my documents in pdf as they want but when i push submit it still says 'complete'. In prospectus it says when you completely fill that form it must say 'you already filled the form, cannot change it anymore'. ah i dont know what should i do as if cannot fill this form and print it out i will not be able to send my documents to Xiamen by mail until 31st March. I hope someone can help me,

thanks!

painttt.png

• New Members

@shamaziav2@yahoo.com this is a very good question. I live in Australia where TB is virtually nonexistent. My GP said I that it was much more common in China. However I ended up getting the X-ray just to be safe. This was quite expensive as I couldn’t claim it on health insurance, and also X-rays deliver a fair dosage of harmful radiation, which is not really something you want to be getting regularly.

It would therefore be good to get a definitive answer on this, as it would save a lot of effort. 

Hello!

So I want to apply for two scholarships (EU WINDOW and BILATERAL PROGRAM) but since I’m not able to fill in two online application forms what can I do?

Can I create another account?

(all of this because supposedly the guidelines say we can apply to more than one scholarship) 

Thank you ?