Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

1 hour ago, kokoka said:

Does anyone know when we know 未授予/已授予 announce?

The official advise on their website is that it will announce 2 months before enrollment. So for September I would expect 已授予 between now and the beginning part of July.

http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/Proceduresfor?lang=en-us

Unless people are applying for a different one semester scholarship.

The application deadlines are

a) April 20 (for those commencing in July)

b) June 20 (for those commencing in September)

c) September 20 (for those commencing in December)

d) December 20 (for those commencing in March 2019)

Hanban will complete the scholarship review and notify the results two months before enrollment of the admitted students..

Official enrollment is September 1st. However, some universities do it around the first week of September. So, accordingly we'd get results on the first week of July. On the other hand, Last year it was between 28-30th of June.

• New Members

As you may or may not remember i applied on the last possible day (as a second try). Two days ago I progressed to the 3rd stage, which definitely upped my excitement levels, so now i'm logging in everyday to see if any change has happened. 

Today: nope, still 3rd stage.

• Like 2

Nothing. 

A couple of days ago I emailed Hanban, today received the same reply they give everyone: 根据《申请办法》,在截止日后,“汉办集中评审,择优资助

Phoned them today, they said I need to email them because the person who answered the phone wasn't the one responsible for the scholarships. I don't think there have been any rejections since Monday, so i reckon the people who are still at stage 4 are sorted. For the rest of us, I doubt there's any hope. 

I also spoke to Beida - they said I've been accepted but they can't do anything about Hanban. Nor do they know anything about what's happening. I could change my application to self-funded, but they said i need to have decided by the end of the week. I've pretty much reconciled myself that I won't be getting the scholarship, so unless there's some amazing turn of events tomorrow morning (which i doubt) i'll ask them to transfer my application, or, if possible, give me a couple more days.  

• Like 1

*Update*

Well they also gave me that answer when I emailed them... I fully explained them my case (in chinese of course) and i think it’s really the end. I know I won’t get a Confucius Scholarship since I was rejected at stage 5, I just wanted to know why ? 

09678F2B-03CC-4E1A-A99B-570DF26964C0.jpeg

• New Members

@Katoo My suggestion to you is contact your university and ask for result for CSC scholarship. What I know so far, my uni SJTU already announced the scholars and information pack sent out in beginning of June. Maybe will be differ for different universities. 

I found a bunch of Hanban teachers' emails and sent quite a few emails yesterday. Received the following from 胡自远:

我们抱歉的通知,你没有通过总部组织的专家评审。

欢迎你继续关注我们,申请下一年的奖学金。

Hu Ziyuan is one of the rejectors, so I guess that's all for us 3rd stagers. 

Another reply came today from Hui Hui: 

您好,我这边并不负责奖学金工作,如果您希望联系了解相关情况

请联系奖学金处负责老师:zhangjinjun@hanban.org ;tangyu@hanban.org.

I emailed these yesterday as well, to no avail. 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I also got a reply from Tang Yu: 

刘博:

你好!

关于“未列入奖学金生候选人名单”,指的是“不予以资助”,请你想想其他办法来中国留学吧。

祝好!

唐煜

I'm glad you still decided to go to China after all. I probably couldn't afford self-funding, unless I also found a job in China but that would be really hard. And i totally get what you mean when you say you're emotionally invested, I have the same, we all worked so hard for it, dreaming of studying in China. Therefore it's great that you still decided to go. Can you estimate how much is it going to cost you?