Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

This is so strange and very stressful, especially that they're only rejecting or sending people back at this point.. 

I guess the only thing that can be done for people who got sent back is to email their CI and their university to see what they should do. 

Really hope everything goes well for everyone :)

• Like 1

Keep positive people, as I said, it might be that limited quota for the particular universities you chose but perhaps they will move you to another one - after all, most of you got back to stage 3. Keep emailing and asking your CI. 

In Argentina only a few people applied for Confucius scholarship, we all applied at the end of May / beginning of June as the applications started late here. There are a few who applied for one year and a few for a semester (like me). We are all on step 4 as of now (I have HSK 4, most of the others have HSK 3).

We all applied to different universities (Tianjin, Jilin, Xiamen, Hangzhou, etc.)

• Like 1

• New Members

Seems almost everyone is getting thesame complain... I'm from Nigeria with HSK 5 and HSKK intermediate. I applied for MTCOL ..and yesterday, i was taken from stage 4 to 3... My C.I said they will contact with Hanban to know what the problem's all about... I just have to wait till monday..

Don’t panic! We are all trying to understand why is everyone being pushed back to stage 3 and in some cases it may be because of a later application and in others it may be for another reason. Anyway if this happens, contact your CI and depending on their answer go and email hanban! Nothing to lose ? I doubt stage 3 means rejection! real rejection happens when you reach stage 5 and cannot go back ? stay positive!

• Like 1

• New Members

It also happened to me. Back to stage 3 on saturday. I sent emails to hanban and my CI (Venice)... but I don't think they will answer soon. Also my friend who applied with me for the full year scholarship is in the same situation.

Too much stress for this. 

Anyone was rejected/moved back for 1-semester scholarship? Or is this just 1 year scholarship that has problems? If Im still on stage 4 for 1-semester scholarship does it mean I have bigger chances? Is there any official statement from Hanban about those rejections? Why nobody knows what is going on? Honestly its really strange that there is no official explanation about all this.

@WukaApplicants for one semester, one year, and for master's courses have been moved back. As usual, there's no information - the change happened late on Friday, so no one has been able to contact hanban. There doesn't seem to be a pattern behind the rejections and no explanations have been given. Those who have been moved back hope that this is a technical issue. We'll have to wait till tomorrow and see what we've been served. 

As to whether you have a better chance, I'd say yes, since you're still at stage 4. 

'Chance' is a very suitable word for the present situation. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2