Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

I think the warning signs were from when they said the one year scholarship was full. This years application process has been like the match results in this years World Cup.. totally unpredictable :shock:

• Like 2

• New Members

Hi everyone, I just discovered this trend, i've also received that message in my CIS account but I was accepted by Peking University in their website 4 days ago, if I was rejected why I was put back in stage 3 and not in stage 5 with a message just saying "Sorry you didn't win, try again" and why Beida has accepted me? It just seems confused

I really ❤️ their way to proceed.

You have lots of people waiting long time, and you reject and move down in mass one friday and let them wait until monday.

Thats the way XDDDD

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

I think the warning signs were from when they said the one year scholarship was full. This years application process has been like the match results in this years World Cup.. totally unpredictable :shock:

hahah exactly right :D

Has anyone reached out to their CIs to find out what happened? Maybe they would know

1 minute ago, pan.kasper said:

Has anyone reached out to their CIs to find out what happened?

I sended an email to Hanban, to my university (until today) and to my CI (Barcelona). 

If i get any answer probably on monday I let you all know.

• Like 1

from what I know, every university has a quota that is given by Hanban. When I asked my first choice, they didn't know what is the exact quota. Therefore, maybe Hanban has set the limit of people per university only now, after some have been pre-admitted and refused some of them, transferring their application to another university (hence moving back to stage 3). But that's only my theory.

And why was I not also sent back to stage 3? ? let’s laugh not to cry because this is straight ridiculous.

That part we select saying “I accept other universities chosen by hanban” means anything or? 

@Katoo did you check that option that you allow other universities recommended by Hanban? 

Maybe it's some problem with your application - some missing documents, typo or other tiny mistake. I really have no idea why you are at stage 5 and others were moved back. 

@pan.kasper i did! And my application was sent back to stage 1 right at the beginning because I had my china contact wrong. BLCU contacted me and told me to change it and then like 4 days after they accepted me. Until today.. i mean if there was a mistake wouldn’t they send me back from stage 4 to stage 1 again or so? ? 

@Katoo i've got no idea then. I hope that you will get a clear answer from them soon. Make sure to let us all know. There's still some hope that it's reversible and even if not, you still have you CSC application. 

• Like 1

@pan.kasper btw blcu’s note on my application was “After examination, the student has complete materials and linguistics-related majors that meet the application requirements of a semester trainee and is expected to be pre-admitted.” ? and yes I’m just trying to get some peace of mind xd i hope everything  goes well to us all! And i will be updating! 

• Like 2

The reason they might've taken you to step 5 is that you also applied for the CSC scholarship. Actually I'm surprised you weren't rejected before. Because some of my partners did the same, and got rejected at step 2 (back in early May) because they had already applied for CSC.

• Like 1

@地球人  it says in the application form for csc that we can apply to multiple scholarships even though we can only be awarded one. But hanban is a different institution right? How can this be? 

Does this mean i won the csc one? Sry for the interrogations marks lol 

Because i can end up with none and that’s not fair ? do your partners know anything about their csc scholarship?

Hanban doesn't allow it. Maybe CSC does. Your CI was supposed to check if you had applied to other scholarships back in step 2, but  it may have slipped. My partners are still waiting wether or not they got the CSC scholarship. They told me they are waiting until July.

I did apply to both as well, but got rejected on the first round of CSC selection ( I never got a reason why) so my CIS app went through. 

• Like 1

Just for the record, I also got  经专家评审,未列入奖学金生候选人名单 at 19:45 today, and was sent back to stage 3. 

I love how they always seem to deliver this type of news late on Friday. Makes for a lovely weekend.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

@地球人 i had no idea! Neither did them because i only told my chinese teacher and she must have known nothing about that rule..  same I only know that my country gets 6 scholarships and we were 6 total applying so i hope this at least turns out well. 

Sorry to hear that! ? but i hope everything goes well with you CI Scholarship! ??

By the way.. someone posted something on Facebook that makes sense.

Maybe this round of unaccepted people are those who applied quite late. (in my case I applied in late may because i had to wait for my hsk certificate). 

So when did you guys apply? She was asking if people applied in February or so and for me i think that’s unfair if quotas were filled that early but ok..

I applied on early May, but there are a lot of issues that can make the difference. HSK, have HSKK, country, place to go, level of studies, profession... we actually don't know what is most important to them.