Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hey guys, I received this message today and my application was sent back to stage3 '经专家集中评审,未列入奖学金生候选人正式人选。'  I am not sure if I can understand it correctly. So basically I have been refused? 

@Katoo Oh no, i'm really sorry to hear that man. Maybe try contacting your CI and if nothing helps, just try again for the next semester in January. Don't give up, HSK results are valid for 2 years

@jungleonthefloor it seems to be the same message that Katoo got. Try contacting your CI and if nothing helps, just try again next semester. 

@A_G seems so. I'm really stressed now. I'm still stage 4, wonder when will they reach the rest of us. It's really scary that the first two people that reported here to have feedback have been rejected

@pan.kasper now i’m at stage 5 and i already emailed them to try to understand why because I had the qualifications (apparently), blcu pre admitted me and everyone said there were still places open for one semester xd I see people being sent back to stage 3 which means they have an opportunity and I has refused without explanation. ?

@Katoo i always assumed that being at stage 5 means being granted a scholarship. Also, i'm not sure if being moved back to stage 3 means that you were rejected or they still give you a chance - after all, it's already past the deadline. 

@pan.kasper apparently stage 5 has two meanings. One is when you get accepted, another is when they refuse you. The thing is they could sent you back to stage 3 and give you the chance to change something and they didn’t do that with my application.

True but even though it’s past the deadline I think we can change it because it was originally submitted before the due date. They sent us back to give us another chance.

Good luck! ? meanwhile I’m waiting for the results of csc scholarship 

@Katoo Oh that's great that you're still applying for the government scholarship. How is the process, comparing to CI scholarship - I heard that you have to apply through the embassy and things like that. I only applied for CI, so for me it's the only chance. Which university did you apply to? And what program? 

• Like 1

@pan.kasper I think it’s easier because they don’t required you to have learned chinese beforehand and therefore don’t ask for any hsk. In my case I have been learning chinese for these past 2 years at university so I think it’s good but since this happened with CI scholarship I don’t want to get high hopes xd i applied through the embassy of Portugal to study chinese language for one semester also and I know they give 6 scholarships and this year only 6 persons including me applied so I hope this is it ? I applied to peking, Beijing normal and beijing foreign studies all back in april. I think I will know the results mid july. Thank you for the motivation haha

• Like 1

Yeah, i heard that they don't require any HSK exam. So how does it work? On what basis they decided who is to be admitted or rejected? Do you choose any major you want? I never quite got that.

But anyway, best of luck, I'm sure that you can get it.

Well that part I’m not sure either and no one seems to be able to explain that to me but i assume the criteria goes from people that have learned the language (since it goes cheaper for them not to add 1/2 additional years of learning chinese to the scholarship) and the recommendations letters that they have and from who they have. Yes we get to choose any major out of those available. 

Good luck for you too! Things will turn out good for everyone ?

• Like 1

@jungleonthefloor it seems to be the same message but they sent you back to stage 3 while I’m forever stuck at stage 5 so contact your CI. I think you still have a chance. Good luck!!? 

Thank you :)  Honestly, I am getting a bit annoyed by all this. I will contact my CI on Monday and see what they say.  But to be honest I am quite shocked about this process and all the hassle they are putting though some people.  My company wants me to stay, so it will not be the end of the world of if I do not get it, but I feel this is somehow unjust procedure. 

• Like 1

• New Members
2 hours ago, Katoo said:

Can anybody help me? I’m so confused because I applied to one semester with both hsk3 283 and hskk 77 and was in stage 4 since 04/06 ? Is there any way I can email them?

It's OK we all still in stage 4 we need to wait till 28th of this month

same here i also get  "经专家集中评审,未列入奖学金生候选人正式人选"

and being sent back to step 3.

applying for MTCSOL at fujian normal. 

now I am trying to contact my CI, hope they will give some insight T.T