Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

6 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

scholarship does cover the full tuition

Are you sure? Well it depends on the major and level of study I guess. In my case (literature masters) it covers up to 25000 for tuition (that's what my embassy said and what can be seen in csc website)

• Like 1

Hey community , I have a question, I have notarized all my documents last year. So they have a stamp of January 2018, but as I didn't apply for last year, I have them, could I apply with same notarized documents this year, or should I notarized them again?  Thank you so much. 

• Good question! 1

• New Members

Hello everyone !  I am a little confused about different info on the official website of CSC. On the page with Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships they say that The Chinese University Program also supports undergraduate students (I'm interested in undergraduate program)(http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74776.html), but on the next page with introduction to Chinese University Program it is clearly indicated, that this program only supports master's and doctoral students (http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74779.html). The question is: which information is more valid ? Does the CSC type B Scholarship include undegraduate program?  Thanks for response !

9 hours ago, 디에고 said:

have notarized all my documents last year.

I have the same problem now, but mine is that the notary notarized my documents and he made a mistake and instead of 2019 wrote 2018 but only on my high school documents which I need to add for the application in my country, but I might call later and ask them if they would have a problem with that. 

5 hours ago, Uncle Baha said:

Does the CSC type B Scholarship include undegraduate program

no, but type A (applying through Embassy) does cover undergraduate program, the university scholarship program is only for postgraduates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys

I want to get a pre admission letter from tsinghua. I have wrote them several times but it was useless. In addition. people from my embassy said that it is not necessary, so the ydidnt give me the embassy´s Award Letter, which is necessary in order to apply for the pre admission letter

Has anyone here gone through this experience?

thanks

8 minutes ago, xbyren said:

I want to get a pre admission letter from tsinghua. I have wrote them several times but it was useless. In addition. people from my embassy said that it is not necessary, so the ydidnt give me the embassy´s Award Letter, which is necessary in order to apply for the pre admission letter

yea, it's hard to get pre-admission letters from some universities, I tried Tsinghua as well but I didn't get a reply. I think you might need to register on their website and get through the normal application process in order to get a pre-admission letter but i'm not sure

By the way, guys, do you know if the recommendation letters have to be signed by professors or not? Cause I got one from one of my professors in China, but she is in a different city now and I don't know how to get to her. Originally i just assumed that an email address and phone number on the letter would be enough, but my friend told me that she is getting a signature and i'm confused now ? 

2 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

apply through their website

I am applying through my embassy. I have read in tsinghua´s website that is not allowed to apply for cgs through the uni itself and through other dispatching authorities

do you mean this? please, give me a hand on this I am so lost haha

can I apply through the website if I have already applied through my embassy?

cheers bud

2 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

letters have to be signed by professors or not?

yep, it should be signed

@xbyren I'm just as confused as you are, mate, some people told me you have to apply through the university website, some people (and some universities as well) told me you don't, whereas some people say it's optional. 

I would like to know what the rest of the forum thinks about that

2 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

do you know if the recommendation letters have to be signed by professors or not?

I think that if it doesnt have proffesors signatures it would look fake, to be honest.

3 hours ago, xbyren said:

didnt give me the embassy´s Award Letter, which is necessary in order to apply for the pre admission letter

has your Embassy already nominated you? the award letter is given until your Embassy selects you to send your focuments to China, some sort of preselection for the svholarship, so I dont think you could get it by now. Also, sometimes they dont even give it to you until you are awarded the scholarship like in JJuly or even August, so I dont see the point in trying to get it, nor the point in universities asking for it ? I think, like philippo always says, send your dpcuments and hope for the best

• Helpful 1

15 minutes ago, GabrielaVD said:

they dont even give it to you until you are awarded the scholarship like in JJuly

thanks for the answer! I am confused because, in the embassy´s announcement, it is said that you can attach a pre admission letter from universities, and in last year´s announcement it was said that, in order to get this pre admission letter, you should first ask the embassy for the Award Letter for Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate , and then ask the uni for the pre admission letter, which you would include in you application documents for the embassy.

So confusing right? ?

thanks!!

31 minutes ago, GabrielaVD said:

I think that if it doesnt have proffesors signatures it would look fake, to be honest.

thanks a lot for your answer! 

you might be right, it's probably best if I got signatures as well, I will try to get it but I'm not sure if I'll be able to (which is really not that certain). I just find it a little strange, I used recommendation letters before in my life for other things and never got it with a signature - always just written on the computer, with the phone number and email. My recommendation letters include the email address and phone number of the professors and I think that this is good enough to prove they are authentic. At least I hope so. Otherwise now I need to start thinking of how to get that signature from my teacher ?