Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

9 hours ago, C0ckerel said:

In the Language Proficiency and Study Plan, under the 'Duration of Major Study' section, you are required to put down exact dates... but I don't know what those are yet? How did you guys deal with that question?

I'd like to know this as well. I don't know what to write there either.

11 hours ago, C0ckerel said:

Duration of Major Study' 

Dont worry about the "exact" date. I recommend to just write down from sep 1 to july 1 and the years are upvto your programs duration. Thats like the school chinese year. If your program in reality lasts from sep 5 to july 15 your school and CSC will know. Even for the years, some of us applied to masters but need a one year language training prior it, you cant really tell if we should write it down for 3 or for 4 years XD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

7 hours ago, raj14 said:

can i be helped with current schools who are still receiving application with CSC scholarships and also dont charge application fees.

Good Day ,

Please find attached a list of universities for the academic year 2019/2020 that dont charge application fees. Not sure if the list is fully credible but please check on the universities pages .

Good Luck!

7 hours ago, raj14 said:

can i be helped with current schools who are still receiving application with CSC scholarships and also dont charge application fees.

List-Of-Chinese-Universities-Without-Application-Fee.docx

Quick question. Do document notarizations need to occur at Chinese embassy or consulates?

I am a US citizen, but outside the US, and I did the notarizations at the US embassy here. I've heard for other China visa processes that notarizations need to occur at the embassy but I thought for this it could be done anywhere.

11 hours ago, raj14 said:

Is it that they create numerous accounts or use the same account for their applications. 

Yes, one new email for each application, however in the personal information, permanent contact you write the same email, your usual email, so they will contact you to just one email. 

• New Members

Hi! I have all my documents to apply for a csc scholarship but I cant get a pre admission letter. I want to do a master in china studies, do you think it is possible to get a scholarship without the pre admission letter?

8 hours ago, Rocio said:

Hi! I have all my documents to apply for a csc scholarship but I cant get a pre admission letter. I want to do a master in china studies, do you think it is possible to get a scholarship without the pre admission letter?

Hey, Yes it is possible to get the scholarship without the pre-admission letter