Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

@Varaus

Please take the time to browse these forums on general language study. There is a lot of great information on living in China and specifically studying at BLCU. Feel free to start your own topic.

The language scholarship is for one or two year study programs only.

In other news, I updated the U.S. deadline and agency numbers to clear up some confusion. Thanks to those posting responses from CSC offices.

hi every one,

my name is Dr.adnan khan from Pakistan.i have bachelor in dentistry.i belong to a backward area and cant finance my studies.i want todo master n dentistry.my question are

1-whats the procedure...should i apply 1st to the university and then apply on CSC and submit my application to china embassy in our country or i should 1st apply through online application and submit my documents to the china embassy.the will give me admission ??????

2- my question,can we apply for clinical medicine or clinical dentistry through this scholarship ?????????

hi

I am an international student(high school graduate) from Iran who wish to apply for chinese government scholarship 2011 for undergraduate level.Does the top universities (like tshingua ,....) just accept post-graduate applicants from Chinese government scholarship (that's what I understood from the information on their website )? if so then which universities provide scholarship for undergraduate level in the Chinese government scholarship program ?and why you can choose those top universities on line form application too?

Does the rule for giving scholarship changed this year(I mean undergraduate degree was not available for Chinese government scholarship applicants but now it is available)changed? ?hope to hear from you soon.

I appreciate your kind response

1-whats the procedure...should i apply 1st to the university and then apply on CSC and submit my application to china embassy in our country or i should 1st apply through online application and submit my documents to the china embassy.the will give me admission ??????

Please read the first post thoroughly. Send your application to the Chinese embassy and complete the online application.

2- my question,can we apply for clinical medicine or clinical dentistry through this scholarship ?????????

You may look under "Medicine" in the "Discipline" section of the online application. I did not find dentistry, but you will have a better idea of what to look for.

@mani

Undergraduate degrees are available, but this varies from university to university. Look into programs like you already did with Tsinghua and pick your top three choices. Your preferences will be put on both the online application and the main application.

So does the physical media exam need to be 6 months valid before you actually start the course or before you send off for the CSC?

It needs to be 6 months or less when the CSC receives it.

Hello all,

I promise I've read through all the archived posts and the updated first post of this thread (as well as the thread itself!), but I was wondering about the following:

I'm applying from the UK, and don't really understand what is meant by the transcripts/study record/marks - is this just for uni, or does it include high school grades? I ask particularly because I'm starting to get worried over the cost of having to have so many documents notarized. I've emailed my uni to get that academic transcript...

Oh, and also, I've been sending out various emails to different institutions and so far have had the current year's deadline for the EU confirmed to be 30th March, 2011.

Thanks!

I emailed my Chinese embassy (UK) regarding the CSC Scholarship. It looks like i'm not eligible....

Dear X,

①Since the total number of the scholarship is very limited, Education Section, Chinese Embassy cannot afford to accept the individual application open to the public. We usually send notice letters to some of the VC of the UK universities and ask the recommendation from the university. And also not all UK universities have been involved. Most of the universities so far involved are either have a very close cooperation relationship with Chinese Universities or has established Confucius Institute. We will try to get more UK universities to be involved in the future.

②Besides through the diplomatic channels like Chinese embassies and consulates all over the world, some of the Chinese Government scholarship have been allocated to Chinese universities directly, since CSC realize that the professors at Chinese University are more eligible to make the decision that which applicants is suitable to be granted the scholarship.

③Besides the Chinese Government scholarship, some local authorities as well as some Chinese Universities also established some scholarship scheme for international students to apply from, please contact them directly.

So does that mean i won't be able to get the CSC Scholarship and that i should look elsewhere?

@UktoChina

If you already graduated from university then you only need to include that documentation and not high school.

@kayro

Most master's programs will be 2-3 years full time. Doubt you will find a part time program, but if you really want to know then you will need to contact individual universities about their programs.

@thrice12

We've heard several times that UK scholarships are limited and not taking individual applications. Unless you can go through a university you may try suggestion two in your last post, being that you may try to contact Chinese universities. You could also try sending your application through the EU.

Thanks Brian.

So i'm currently in my final year studying towards a BA, but by the time i finish and have my certificate etc, it'll be too late to apply. Will i have to submit my A-Level grades then? Also, when they say Academic Transcript, is that just your grades?

Thanks

They ask for a 'Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies' so I would say you need your high school transcript. You may also want to include what you have done so far at university if you feel it will help you.

Academic transcripts should always have your grade point average and possibly more. Any school's office will be able to give you a copy on official letterhead.

We've heard several times that UK scholarships are limited and not taking individual applications. Unless you can go through a university you may try suggestion two in your last post, being that you may try to contact Chinese universities. You could also try sending your application through the EU.

Does anyone know whether you can apply through a country other than the one where you currently reside? I have dual UK and Irish nationalities, and live in the UK. As I can't make an individual application through the UK, I was thinking of trying through Ireland. On the CSC website it says applicants should apply through their home country - could "home" be taken to mean a country where you don't actually live?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Just thought I'd let any EU applicants know that the link for the current year's info is below:

http://www.chinamission.be/chn/zojw/t784326.htm

Particular thing to note is that the medical now has to be sent along with the application and other documents, i.e. before 30th March (rather than after the scholarship has been confirmed).

@thrice 12

My high school had no clue what an academic transcript is when I asked them, so I just requested that they summarise my GCSEs/A Levels, etc & confirm period of attendance on school letterhead...

Hey everybody,

I'm here for an update on my situation, and I got a question.

I'm from Germany, and after half a year of self paid language study in Shanghai, I decided to apply for the CSC scholarship for a major.

My plan was to apply over a university in Shanghai, but it turns out the one I want to go to (SISU) doesn't do the application for csc, they told me to apply from Germany.

Now, in germany the application materials apparently have to be sent to the DAAD (german academic exchange service). I called them, and they told me that the application deadline was already in november.

I wonder if that's possible. The woman I corresponded with seemed quite uninformed, so I'm not sure if I can believe her.

Maybe there are any other europeans/germans who can confirm this or heard differently?

Also, is there any way I could work my way around this, like applying in China or something?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am from the US and am applying for the CSC scholarship language program for next year as well. My local post office has a notary, so that is where I’m getting everything notarized, and I have fine health insurance so I got my physical form filled out at the local clinic. I’ve been reading the forums for quite some time, and connected with people at the Chinese embassy in Washington DC today and still have a couple questions. I’m pretty sure the people I talked to at the embassy today didn’t understand my questions as they said “yes” to everything I asked—even to the questions that were not yes or no questions.

I’m a 2nd year undergraduate student right now, and have gotten my transcripts from my high school as it is my “Highest diploma”. Should I include my transcripts for my first year and a half at college as well? I know it asks for “proof of studying or employment” and was wondering if including college transcripts would be sufficient.

I got my doctor to fill out the medical evaluation form, and was wondering if I need to include copies of the lab results of the ECG, chest xray and blood work, or if it would be enough to just turn in the form with “normal” written next to the boxes enquiring about the ECG chest xray and blood work.

Instruction that I found online about the medical form say:

“Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid”

I screwed up and didn’t get my doctor to stamp over the photo, like the thread says to do on the first page. Will this be a problem? Should I include a different kind of stamp over the photo, like just some generic stamp or something?

I’ve really appreciated the wealth of information on this forum. This and last year’s CSC application thread are excellent resources! Thanks to all those who have put so much into them.

@ thrice12

Well, we are still eligible for the EU scholarship, seeing as the only qualification criteria are:

"1. Applicants must be a citizen of a member state of the European Union

2. Applicants must be high school graduates, undergraduates or graduates under the age of 35."

I haven't actually read anywhere about any UK-specific CSC scholarships, only those allocated to the EU as a whole. Seeing as the website link I included above suggests documents should be sent to the Belgium office, I reckon that's the way to go about it, even though it's a bit of a pain. Maybe they just want/prefer to deal with it centrally?

I suggest emailing the contact listed on the website, as he was particularly helpful with the couple of queries I had, not to mention fast to respond. (probably best not to inundate him, mind..)

@Mzpeck

My personal physician has a lot of personal experience in China and laughed at the "stamp" part because this is such a major part of Chinese bureaucracy and really has no equivalent (for the most part) in the USA. She said she had no stamp and to take it as is.

To be honest with you, I personally know someone that didn't even do the medical exam and got the scholarship just fine. Sometimes dealing with Chinese official institutions is not the same on paper as it is in reality. I might sound a bit cavalier but after living in China for a long time, it's what I experienced everyday. So I would say don't worry that much about the Med exam. I'm 90% you'll need to redo it once you arrive in order to get your X visa anyway. That's my two cents.