Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

@Pauan

I used my friend as a Guarantor, even though I had the name BrianUS gave me, I didn't have the e-mail, so I used what I had... I guess the guarantor must be someone you know in China, because I think it's the person they're going to call if something happen to you.

I sent two sets in the pack, which one had two application forms, just the way they required. I hope that there won't be many more people trying to get... hahaha, well, actually, I don't care how many go there, as long as I go too. Haha.

____

I just got my documents from BLCU, I applied because I'll go anyway, but I think that it won't cause any trouble if I get CSC and they send me to BLCU.

@m21

looked at your Phys exam paper, and noticed there are "attached results". But i didn't had this things in my Phys Exam paper, there was just X-ray exam and Laboratory Exams without any attached documents required. Could we have different versions of Phys Exam papers?

Hello.

Firstly, I want to say a big thanks to the people responsible for this forum. It has been a massive help.

I have searched the forums and cannot find the answer to the following question:

Re: the Statement of Intent, has anyone written it in Chinese before? I'd imagine that this wouldn't count against me. I'm hoping that it will help to reinforce my claims in the Statement of Intent.

I recently passed HSK Level 5 and want to go back to Beijing to study for a further year so that I can take HSK Level 6. I am planning to write about how I wish to continue my studies etc etc. Is this similar to what other people have written in the past?

Thanks in advance.

James, UK

Please answer to me, in order to apply online on BLCU university, I need to translate into english the documents I need to upload? like the latest diploma? And if i have to translate into english, i have to notarize it too? It's originally in Romanian language

In order to Apply at BLCU, online, the supporting documents are:

A.One-year or shorter program:

I. Applicant's latest academic diploma or on-campus certificate

II. Applicant's passport: the page with picture and personal information

III. passport or ID of the contact(the contact you specify in the application form): the page with picture and personal information

IV. Application fee payment proof (c.f. below)

What III. passport or ID of the contact(the contact you specify in the application form): the page with picture and personal information means exactly? does anybody knows?

Thank you very much!

• New Members

Hey you all!

I`m from Romania and I`m appling for CSC through a goverment agency, so all the docs go to them. But I am a bit in the dark: I want to go as a general scholar for 1 year, to do a research about chinese diplomacy, also learn mandarin and all I can about their culture and history, is there anyone who also has done or applied for something similar? Unfortunetlly I didn`t know that it would be better to independently apply to the desired universities for a pre-acceptance letter, so I`ll have to wait and see where they will send me (hopefully it will be one in my list or at least a decent one).

So can anyone shed some light about his/hers general or senior scholar experience or informations about it?

Thank you and hope to see you in China :)

• New Members

I actually called the CSC office today and had a few questions answered. I'm posting it here so maybe you guys can benefit too. I had the following questions, which the woman who answered the Americas line answered (phone #: 010 84110819).

Question 1: I'm currently in China. How do I go about filling out the foreigner medical form? Answer: You don't need to fill out the form. (I didn't press the case, so I think it's because I'm already in China and got my medical checkup already.)

Question 2: Do I need to get my transcript and diploma notarized? Answer: No. Photocopy is okay.

Question 3: I'm currently studying at a university in Guangzhou. Do I put down the university's agency number or the number for the Chinese embassy in the United States (my home country)? Answer: Put down the Chinese embassy number, and send your application to that number.

Please let me know if all this sounds right! I'm a little confused about why the medical form and notarization isn't needed, but it's a huge pain in the ass to do those things from China, so I'm going to follow what the woman told me.

Dorimi

looked at your Phys exam paper, and noticed there are "attached results". But i didn't had this things in my Phys Exam paper, there was just X-ray exam and Laboratory Exams without any attached documents required. Could we have different versions of Phys Exam papers?

other than the 2 page Physical examination form, they gave me

1) the X-Ray scan

2) 1 page blood test report

3) ECG strip

Hey guys!

I these last two days I have been gathering all the required documents for my scholarship application. However, this evening when I was browsing around on csc.edu.cn/laihua I stumbled across the link for Chinese Government Scholarship Program (EU window), which I had overlooked earlier.

I am a EU citizen with a Senior High School diploma, so my reason for applying is for the hopes of getting to do a full bachelor's degree in Beijing. However, coming across that "EU window" page made me doubt whether it's even possible for EU citizens to get a scholarship for a full bachelor's degree, plus the 1-year Chinese training program prior to that. Can EU citizens apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship Program (EU Window) as well as the Chinese Government Scholarship Program? I really, really hope this is the case.

• Like 1

• New Members

@NOK,

you have two options, if you choose the agency number of the Chinese embassy in the UK then send to UK, if you choose the university directly then send your hard copy to your target university.

another think i would like to add, the online application form is very important, the chosen universities receive an automatic notification about your application.

Where are you applying from? Philippines

Just studying Chinese or pursuing a degree? Chinese

What did your local Chinese embassy say? The applications are to be submitted to CHED

Where and how did you get your papers notarized? No notarization needed since everything is in English

Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

Where did you get your Physical Exam done? A clinic near my home

Anything else you learned or would like to share? Deadline was in march 30

Hey guys, thanks to all the great information and help, it looks like I got a partial scholarship for 1year chinese language scholar!! Anyways they say I should try to get a pre-admittance letter from the universities of my choice... I'm thinking of either going to Nankai U in Tianjing or BFSU in Beijing. Any recommendations?

• New Members

hi plz answer my questions..i am graduating this june from a chinese university and i want to apply for post grauation in some clincal medical field in any gud chinese uni on scholarship basis...but i will get my graduation degree after one month of last date of csc for paksitan..and other i also do nto have those recomendation letters for csc from my uni as they not ready to give it before graduation...but i have marksheeths for my all past semesters which i have passed and internship certificates also...but if i wait it wll waste my one year.....any ideas can i apply or how can apply??????

plz i also want to know is there any way we can submit all forms online ,,,i mean we do nto have to go to embassy .....does online application thorugh any way works,,,if it works tell me procedur...as am reluctant to go to chinese embassy in pak coz one paksitani guy naveed standing there is so misbehaving and probably rejects documents even before u enter embassy by making some false objections.as i ahve seen him while applying for visa...

what is last date for apply to csc for us for 2013,,,,i asked too many questions but i have tried a lot and i think now last date is closed os am worried as i have asked few peopl but they all gave me contact number of few agent who take almost 5000 dollars for one schoalrship seat and tell me no way u can find a seat for free also ...and tell em plz if any one from china recently done mbbs and applied for psot graduation in any clincal field...plz share with em ur expeience..which uni si gud and procedur..plz need help..plz admin need help

• New Members

Hi all, I'm from Indonesia, currently applying for the graduate scholarship through the embassy in my country, my first choice is tsinghua university, master of computing. Does anyone here applying with same university with me? (tsinghua university)

I'm currently desperate about my application because I forgot to attach copy of my passport (lol!), did anyone know the confirmation date of the accepted/rejected application?

Hey, I am about to submit my application but I have a question as to how many pages I can submit. It says on the application "Each set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages." Does that mean it is 20 pages per application (it asks for 2 application forms, so 20 for each), or is it 20 total? And does that mean I need to submit two copies of everything, or just the actual application, and not the supplemental documents? A quick response would be much appreciated.