Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2013 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

Hello again guys,

I am an Alberta student who applied with an absolutely terrible GPA, Fortunately I was accepted to recieve a Full Scholarship from the CSC. If you are in Alberta apply for next year, because it seems almost nobody applies for the 5 that Alberta recieves.

I had a quick question for anyone who thinks they can help. I have been told to send in applications for the universities that I have included in my top 3 picks. I checked out the Peking University website and they say that applications should be done between march 1st-31st. I only recieved my letter of acceptance today so I have no idea what I am supposed to do regarding pre-acceptance.

much love,

Richard

• Like 1

Richard, I'm afraid it's too late. Email them just in case! I know someone who is studying at Beida; he had already been accepted by Beida before applying at the embassy.

I applied for the scholarship without providing a pre-admission notice. However, I chose universities where admission is open until the end of May.

Hi Richard!

Can I ask how you were informed you had been awarded the scholarship? I've seen a few people already seem to know? I've called my Embassy and the CSC directly and keep hearing only "july". I'll be in Taiwan at the time and sort of want to make all the preparations beforehand. I'm just hoping maybe there is some special contact haha! I am from the U.S. too so things are most likely different.

@smossey88, Last year most US applicants received an email on July 17 informing them whether they received the scholarship or not. We also got an email around May 20, but that was just for filling out a questionnaire. I've applied again this year to the PRC embassy so I'll post in here if I receive anything.

To my Brazilian fellow;

I called the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as you may know, they are in charge for the pre-selection, according to them, there are 25 candidates and 15 scholarships, they'll evaluate if all the sets of documents are correct and, in order to select, they shall see the "national relevance" for Brazil on the study plan, one’s transcripts and the completeness of the documentation. Mr. Eduardo also said they must post online the results of this selection next month on their website, my guess is that these 15 pre-selected will be awarded with the scholarship, but I’m not quite sure yet. The result last year came out in July 26th. So there will be around one month to prepare everything.

Anyway, those were the things I’ve heard, I hope my documents and everything I did was enough to them, I even quoted The Analects on my study plan. Haha.

What are you planning to do there? I applied for the Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language (4, 5 years), I hope to go to the same university I was accepted beforehand (Beijing Language and Culture University).

@Richard, are you applying as Chinese Language Scholar? If so, I don't suggest applying to Peking University. If you look at the results threads for past years, I don't think a single person got into Peking University for Chinese Language Scholar. I'm from BC, and also received the CSC scholarship. I suggest you apply at BFSU or BLCU. I applied at BFSU and got accepted yesterday.

@MoKangWei. Thank you very much for this information.

Which number did you use to call them? I tried the one listed on the embassy website, but it didn't work.

Well, I applied for a Bachelor Degree in Filmmaking at Beijing Film Academy (my first option). I also quoted Confucius and wrote some references about chinese filmmakers. hehe

"National relevance", huh? Let's hope they will take in consideration not only business and technology fields. I knew one guy who was accepted for a Master Degree in Film Studies last year, so I still have some hope. I also tried to write on the study plans something about using the acquired knowledge to improve Brazil's cultural industry.

Well, since you got accepted before hand, I don't see why they would change your options.

I was thinking about applying individually to Beijing Film Academy, because now they have a Bachelor Degree Program special for Foreign Students and the application is available till June, but I am not sure if it's a good idea to try two different processes at the same time for the same goal.

Anyway, good luck for us!

Where are you from? Just call the embassy and ask if they have received your application materials. You can also ask them how many people have applied this year and when and how will you be notified if you get the scholarship.

@Pauan

Well, I was accepted, but I couldn't send my letter when I applied for the scholarship, because I didn't receive it in time, and because I wouldn't be able (my two sets were already full, I had to diminish the font on my study plan to make it one page long).

But still, I applied because I'll go anyway, I believe next month I'll apply for the visa, if I receive the scholarship I think it'll be just a matter of changing minor facts.

If I don't get the scholarship, I just don't know how I'm going to make it... As we say here "Vou na cara e na coragem", hehe

• New Members

Hi boys and girl, I am from Italy and I would like to apply for the EU Window CSC Scholarship, but I have already submitted an application form for the same scholarship offered by my country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Problem is that I have not been awarded the scholarship, but I was selected for the waiting list and I decided to send the documents as well. So, if I want to apply for the EU Window Scholarship as well can I retrieve the application form and change the agency code writing the EU Window's one instead and then submitting the application form again??Would this result into the previous application form to be canceled?I won't be noticed about my application in Italy until the end of the month, so I've been meaning to submit the EU Window's application form as well. EU Window's Annex states as follows:

1. Each applicant can only apply for ONE type of scholarship under the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Applicants should note although they may apply for more than one scholarship or more than one institution, only one offer of award may be awarded. And CSC reserves the right to choose a scholarship or a university for the applicant under such circumstances.

so I think that in my situation I am eligible for another application.What do you think?

谢谢你的合作!

Hey everyone,

I am fully aware that it probably is too late to apply for the CSC, but I figured I'd try. I have all the paperwork and will be sending out the packet tomorrow.

I live in the US and can't find who I am supposed to address the packet to. I'm guessing it's the US embassy, but i'm not sure if there's a specific part of the embassy. Do I just need to put 'CSC Scholarship Application" on the front?

@AndrewDotson

Hey everyone,

I am fully aware that it probably is too late to apply for the CSC, but I figured I'd try. I have all the paperwork and will be sending out the packet tomorrow.

I live in the US and can't find who I am supposed to address the packet to. I'm guessing it's the US embassy, but i'm not sure if there's a specific part of the embassy. Do I just need to put 'CSC Scholarship Application" on the front?

This is what cmoss posted on page 11 of this thread, taken from the DC embassy website:

The deadline for the application is April 30, 2013. Please make sure that you submit all the required documents before the deadline to the dispatching authority.

The Mail address of the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy is:

3505 International Place, N.W

Education Office

Chinese Embassy

Washington DC, 20008

Pleases include the copies of Physical Examination Report and Blood Examination Report in the package and keep the original reports with you for later usage when you go to China and register in the university.

I only submitted one set of the documents. Does that lessen my chances of getting accepted? When I submitted mine at the embassy, they only took one set even though I brought an extra set of documents with me.

Is a pre-admission notice absolutely necessary for degree studies? I know that it can increase your chances of getting a scholarship and getting into your preferred school.

Angelina

i think it will increase your chances of getting scholarship up to 99% percent. I know 7 people who applied for a CSC last year, 3 of them had a pre admission notice from UNI and 4 of them did not have it. All 3 people with pre admission notice received scholarships, while only 1 from 4 without pre admission notice received scholarship.

The situation here is similar. 6 people applied and there are 4 scholarships available. I don't know anything about the other applicants. Someone from the embassy told me to bring a pre-admission notice and I said I will do it by tomorrow. However, I can't apply now, I'm waiting for the university to change the online application form since my country is not listed and there is no option to manually write your nationality. I have an email from the university where the situation is explained. Unless 4 of the other applicants already provided a pre-admission letter, I still stand a chance.