Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Bjnsharp

Thak you.

Guys,My university registration date is 12th of September but I'd like to go to China on 20th of August and attend one of my university graduate friend birthday in YZ on 21st of August would it be a problem if I go early? I won't be staying in my host university but different city and with my friend. Some of my friends are telling me not to fly early cause they'll ask me questions and I have to face the consequences and they might cancel my scholarship. Is that true? Thank you.

@Ampicillin

There won't be a problem. Since you're going to live with your friend, so you must register with local Police Station with in first 24 hours of your arrival in China. If foreigners coming to China go directly to a hotel, then they don't need to register at Police Station. Because hotels do this process for foreigners.

If your friend is a student and living in school dormitory, then you better stay in a hotel for first night. Because sometimes outsiders are not allowed to live in student dormitories.

Secondly, pay close attention to your residence permit. Because you've to apply for residence permit with in first 30 days after coming to China. So if you're entering china on 20th of August, then you must apply for residence permit before 20th of September.

Other than police registration you can freely enjoy your stay in China before your registration.

• Like 1

@Ampicillin

I would not turn up to the university just before your 30 days run out. The process of getting the residence permit can take some time (especially if you have to do a physical). You don't want to be rushing around trying to organise it. Be aware you will be without your passport while the residence permit is organised and therefore any travel will be more difficult at that time.

@ JDF @bjnsharp

Thank you guys, Actually I want to travel to Malaysia on 12th of August and stay there till 19th of August and arrive In China on 20th of August and attend my friend by train from Beijing and stay with him there till my university opens up.

Also, I'll have about one week I believe to apply for residence permit if I arrive on 20th of August since my university is opening on 6th of September but for scholarship students it's 12th of September so. Do you guys think 1 week would be enough to apply for residence permit? And stay safe meanwhile. I have completed my graduation in the university that I'm selected for scholarship to do masters so I know the city And university very well.

Also, Where should I register at police station? In my host university police station or any police station would be OK? And what are the documents that I need? Thank you guys

I posted too soon, within an hour of my last post I got this email from the Australian Embassy:

"Admission News from CSC

Pls accept my congratulations: you have been admitted by a Chinese University with the Chinese Government Scholarship. Once I receive the admission package material I will contact you ASAP. Pls tell me your current mailing address.

If you have more questions about your admission info, pls let me know via email.

Linlan Ma"

@DongLian They responded to an email?! That's sick! Was it Ms. Bu? She seemed to be Super Buu the last time I spoke to her, but perhaps she's regressing back to Majiin. I guess that means hopefully by next week? Jeez what if they actually did get us the documents within July.....

The chinese embassy in brazil called me to inform me I was approved. Since I live in the same city of the embassy, I went there to pick my documents instead of receiving them by mail. To my dismay they have changed my university, my couse and language of instruction. I've asked a master in quantitative economics masters at the university of fudan taught in chinese. I was approved in an MBA taught in english at Central China Normal University in Wuhan. I haven't given an answer yet, but I will probably decline the offer and maybe try again next year with pre-admission letters in my course and universities of choice. There's a big chance they will put me in some sort of black list since I will decline the scholarship this year after getting it. It's life, there's nothing more I can do. Good luck to people who have not received the answer yet. 

@lambilyforever No, I was the one who contacted them. But they've given me a generic answer to wait for the results. Note that I didn't apply direct to Fudan. I've applied to the chinese embassy and listed my three universities of choice in order on the standard form.

hello

i am from Indonesia. on 1st July i got my mail replied by contact person of Sichuan University saying 

Hello

glad to tell you that you are admitted by our school, congraduation to you. we weill send the acceptance letter to you, please keep contacting us

but until now i haven't received any documents yet. i am afraid this could be post problem or something. glad if any of you (especially who has been accepted for master degree in Sichuan University) can give me any info regarding this. thankyou :)

Hi guys,

Congratulation to all who have been awarded and to those waiting for their confirmation, good luck.

Is anyone coming to shandong province,  JiNan Precisely? If yes, let me know if you require any information about the city or your chosen university.

Peace!

Mazi

@mazi
Dear Mazi!

I've already got a response from Shandong University, although I'm still waiting for the CSC final decision. Would you like to move to the thread devoted to this university so that I could ask you some questions (in order not to produce an off topic there)?

• New Members

Greetings! Anyone got response from Wuhan Medical University? Its been ages. I called them and they are like..Oh. .we are compiling. They can barely understand anything. They dont reply to emails either.

Haloo @brightfuture saya dari Indonesia juga!

I already received the documents from Peking University and CSC earlier this month. They will send you three materials: (1) Admission letter from university that also details the scholarship coverage (2) visa application letter to the Chinese Embassy in Jakarta (3) book of information about the university, such as campus map, accomodation options, etc. 

What course will you take in Sichuan University? Is it an English-taught or Chinese-taught program?

Hello,

I just found this form when looking up results. I have to say this information is very helpful. I have been stuck in a waiting game, have never received an emailing saying that received my application back in April (sent to Chinese Embassy D.C.). This time of year is stressful and exciting. I had a question for the people who got to talk to reps from CSC. Is there an email address or form where I can check with them? I appreciate any help.