Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hi guys! Glad to see little by little more people are added to the list and we will soon all be in China, starting our adventure :D
I know this probably isn't the right place for this, but since we are all almost on the same boat and it seems to have form such a great community, i would like to ask for your help on something:
My uni asked me to give a speech for all new students on the opening ceremony for the new kids... I am new myself, too... so I am trying to figure out what would be best to talk about. I have been in China for 2 years previously, so I have a bit of experience in China but that's 4 years ago. The teacher asked me to talk about why I chose China, why the Uni I chose, and what my expectations are. 

Do you guys have any tips or ideas of what you would find interesting to hear on a welcome speech? I know how boring it can get, and I want to try and make it sort of interesting for everyone. 

I would appreciate any input from all of you guys and thank you all in advance! <3 Lots of love to all. 

@Yaozilan

That's a great opportunity to help your colleagues there. Speak to raise the expectations of everyone. Let everyone look out for more than just a degree. Encourage all to bond positively with as many people as possible. Let there be a great level of focus on the big picture for each person. Let no one have small dreams. Let there be a high level of respect for one another. Every heart should be highly open to learning from everyone we may come accross,

Above all, everyone must know that every advantage you have above another is an opportunity to serve and no strings attached! Listen to opinions and make the best of decisions in such a way that you will not be ashamed later.

Do not pretend to be what you are not but be the best you can be. 

Yaozilan, take the ones you want if any, and then throw out the rest Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

• New Members

Hey Guys, 

I'll be attending Fudan University as a non-degree CSC student taking Chinese language courses. According to the admission package I have received my program is supposed to start on August 29 but I won't be in China until August 31. Does anyone know if I'll be able to register for courses if I arrive 2-3 days late and will they hold my room in the supplementary building I'm currently assigned? 

Thanks

• New Members

Dear moe,

I already talked with one of the Chinese I know. He said that basically the rules in China may appear strict, however, when you talk to the people

they will help you to find an alternative solution. However, he suggested to me that in the case that I want to arrive late I should call the international office and not just arrive late and hope that everything will work out.

I hope this helps you.

@hannafit 

I was actually on the CIS Confucius Institute Scholarship at that time, so my experience was slightly different than what we're going to experience this time around. That schol. is only for language, as far as I know. I assume each university does it differently, but I think some of the more prestigious universities (like Zheda) seem to be more organized?

@jmiller

Woo-hoo! Go Nanda! 

Is the process for Mofcom still alive? I mean can they still grant if recommend by country. or is the selection process over. Can they reconsider now ... my application still is submitted.plz help me. I got already pre admission for Sept class.

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not give up until time is up......

:wall  :wall  :wall  :nono  :nono  :nono 

Everyone is so busy packing. Very few have time to make any input on the forum. It feels bad to know that some are still waiting. Everywhere is getting very dull around the forum. Eve I don't know waht to do to liven the place. I think 2016 thread dying a natural death as usual.

Oh how I desire that I will have even if its just one more person to add to the list.

Oh boredom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will soon be air borne to Shanghai, that great city but I miss the heat periods on the forum.

I miss all our helpful tips

Our efforts in bearing one another's burdens

Solving problems

God bless everyone as we wait to hear the last

I will not give up until time is up......

@maihate

The ECCO haven't finished about the admission notice yet. When I went to their office to receive the the admission letter, I saw a very long list of candidates who have been selected but not informed. So rather than checking your online status, it would be better for you to go to their office imperson talk to them.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Hello this is shahzad from Pakistan. I am also waiting for MOFCOM result. Can anyone update me with the information that is MOFCOM for open public? In the MOFCOM scholarship it is nowhere stated that its for public sector officers.

I approached the ECCO of Pakistan and they are saying that this scholarship is for public sector officers and they give scholarship to the offices nominated by Economic Division Affairs (EDA of Pakistan). Is it correct? Can anyone give any info on this?

Well if it is like this then they should mention it in the scholarship post.

http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=4849

This is very unfair as I have ruined my whole year after this and I also have a Pre-Admission letter from a university.

This is sucking so much :(. Please provide update if anyone knows it. Elijah can u pls update me?

• New Members

@Hiwot

Congrats and i appreciate your valuable information for this community. I hope the deadline of your university registration can be considered because it is known that MOFCOM result dispatched lately.

I hope you got your visa already, what about your air ticket? Have u been given from ECCO or you have to buy by your own?

One more question, you have informed us that there are long list waiting to be forwarded to the winners, is that takes more than two or three days to let know the selected.

Thank you so much.