Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@TAT

I will receive my visa on the coming Tuesday. About the air ticket, it will be covered by ECCO office. When I ask them about it they said, they will inform me by email.

Yes I saw long list of selected candidates. And they will only inform you when your admission letter arrived at the office but if they are willing enough, they will tell you which university you are accepted. I said this because one of my friend practically begged them to tell him his result and they told him he is selected and accepted by harbin university but his admission letter hasn't arrived yet.

My friend if you can go to the ECCO office and talk to them.

• Like 1

@Hiwot can u please explain my post above? Are you a govt officer in your country? Is MOFCOM scholarship open for public? I had also applied for MOFCOM scholarship and the ECCO is saying they dont entertain open scholarship and this time they have given 5 scholarship to govt officers of Pakistan recomended by Economic Affairs Division of Pakistan. Can tell me about those list which u had seen and how much candidates were there selected? I also have Pre-Admission letter from Huazhong University as well

@ahmadshahzad

Here in my country MOFCOM scholarship isn't open for public. In order to apply for scholarship through MOFCOM, at list you need to have supportive letter from MOE. About the list to be honest I don't exactly know the number of candidates because he only let me see half the list for a moment just to find my name and the other half was on his hand. So I don't know the exact number.

@hannafit

I was actually on the CIS Confucius Institute Scholarship at that time, so my experience was slightly different than what we're going to experience this time around. That schol. is only for language, as far as I know. I assume each university does it differently, but I think some of the more prestigious universities (like Zheda) seem to be more organized?

@jmiller

Woo-hoo! Go Nanda!

OK ! Thank you for the info, I'm actually just going to China for a 1 year language scholarship. I can't wait!! So you have won the CIS and the CSC scholarship?

Have u seen the scholarship link of MOFCOM which I have shared? There is no such procedure which shows that some departments of respective countries will send the nominations to ECCO.

In my application I just followed the procedure which is listed on the link of china scholarship council containing MOFCOM scholarship.

I handed over the print of online appliaction with all the supporting documents to the ECCO office of Pakistan.

And now when I approached the ECCO office for the result they are saying that nominations will be sent by EAD of Pakistan to MOFCOM and then they will send the nominations to beijing for final selection.

This is listed no where in the link of MOFCOM scholarship u can see it.

The most sucking part is I have a Pre-Admission letter with me as well. Can I utilize it at this moment to get a sponsor for pursuing my MS this year? Is there any way out? :(

@ahmadshahzad

When I applied at ECCO office I saw and heard Ms. Chen(she is the responsible person for mofcom scholarship in Ethiopia) returning applicant who came without supportive letter from MOE.

I think those who are recommended by the government will be given high priority.

Yea but they didnt do any thing like that this is what is disturbing the most. They should have rejected it at that moment. The gueard outside the ECCO was collecting it and used to give it inside the office. Anyways after having such applications they should have instructed the guard atleast to ask the students that application without the consent of reference dept will not be entairtained. CSC should mention the process clearly on the scholarship link to avoid such confusions.

I have written emails to the ECCO on this and asked him to get me special approval for my scholarship as the method is not clearly written on the scholarship link and the fault is not at my end and he should try to safe my one year as I am holding a Pre-Admission in the university too.

@ Maihate

And in my country where should I approach with admission letter so that they can sponser me. Are you trying that the ministry should send recommendation to ECCO of ur country to give u scholarship? Or you are trying something other to get the sponsor of ur scholarship other than MOFCOM?

Helllo all,

Long time without posting here. Congratulations to this year's successful applicants, to the applicants from Uganda @dvsbuk I recommend you contact the embassy to find out about your MOFCOM result. I got my CSC result via phone call and I believe it could be possible to get MOFCOM result too.

Please I would love to know what I can do to raise my chances for next year's application.