Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

I'm jealous of everybody who has already arrived in China! Darned G20 has delayed my departure, but I will be leaving Monday night for Korea and then fly to Shanghai the next day. Good luck to everybody who has arrived, and have a safe flight to those yet to fly. Remember to think carefully about your first meal in China. I still remember munching down on a strange looking bowl of "black cow stomach" and chicken feet late at night in a random restaurant in Beijing (the only one still open by the time we got out of security). It remains one of my most memorable meals 2 years later. 

Come back to the forum and report on your experiences for future applicants! While the CSC process may change, any thoughts on your university, your city, etc would be helpful for those trying to decide in the future - there are sub-forums for each university. It will be interesting to see how our paths and experiences intersect and diverge. 

• New Members

Hello want to ask something, my target university requirements is HSK LV4 (for Master in science engineering related field), So if I do already have a new HSK LV4 certificate, can I still apply for 1 year language prep? or should I not include it in my application document ? Frankly speaking, My Chinese is not good enough so I want to apply for 1 year prep before my master study begin. Do any of you know something about my case?  :mrgreen:

btw very happy for all of you who has go the scholarship this year... pray me for luck next year  :lol:

@kiseki_no_sedai

My university also requires hsk 4 for masters in science, which is what I'm getting. Earlier this year I passed hsk 5 but I explained to the director of my school that I didn't feel comfortable taking class in Chinese yet and would like to take a year of Chinese prep. I was approved the extra year and yesterday I took the placement test for Chinese. Now I'm just waiting for classes to start.

If I having passed hsk 5 can be approved for a Chinese prep class I'm sure you can too. Good luck!!!!