Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@ shaanshafaat

Wow thanks! That's really helpful! 

Seems like I got it filled out right then. Except I didn't get the stamp of the hospital, only the doctor. I can go and get that but I feel bad for them for how many times I've bothered them lol!

• Like 1

OK just to clear things out, and (probably) save a lot of people from spending money...

The medical form is asking you "if you ever had" these ailments before. It doesn't mean that you'd have to undergo each and every test corresponding to the illness stated.

Things that you'd need to undergo are AIDS, Xray & ECC (which are stated at the last part of the form).

Again, NOT everything. You don't need to be dissected to be confirmed as "fit to study".

BUT if you say yes to any of those listed, that's the time you'd need to take the clearance testing for that specific illness.

• Like 1

OK just to clear things out, and (probably) save a lot of people from spending money...

The medical form is asking you "if you ever had" these ailments before. It doesn't mean that you'd have to undergo each and every test corresponding to the illness stated. 

Things that you'd need to undergo are AIDS, Xray & ECC (which are stated at the last part of the form).

Again, NOT everything. You don't need to be dissected to be confirmed as "fit to study".

BUT if you say yes to any of those listed, that's the time you'd need to take the clearance testing for that specific illness. 

Yea, so basically....when I applied last year, I may or may not have forgotten to do the phys exam. And I may or may not have sent in a phys exam that just had scribbles on it. And I may or may not have still gotten accepted....so there you go

Zhe Da told me that I would be getting the tests all done once I got in China regardless of whether or not I've done it in America, but that I had to get *something* done for the application. The only thing I asked specifically about was X-rays, which they told me I could *probably* do without (but no certainties, as seems typical). 

Yeah, as indicated above...regarding the medical tests requirement for your scholarship application...YMMV...as indicated above, best to check with the agency with whom you will apply to see what exactly they want/require.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Alex_Hart,

I intend to send my application to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC by March 15th from here in Beijing. Hopefully that 2+ weeks will be enough time for it to get there by April 1st. I will put down a chunk of change to express mail it with a reliable (hopefully!) sender.

I intend to email the Embassy in the upcoming week just to double check on some things and let them know that I intend to apply and to give them a heads up that my application is on the way.

I will email them using the contact information listed here and see what kind of response I get:

http://www.sino-education.org/english/contactus.htm

Good luck to all in the final application push!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

I just don't know where they got this but, when we went to our Government department handling the CSC applications, we were told by this lady that they need our transcript of records, because they would still compute our grades. And then I went hmmmm... :roll:

Hello!

Is it possible to get the scholarship twice? I've studied in Beijing in 2012/13, Chinese language and now I'd like to apply for an English taught master. The scholarship back then was by the CSC but I've applied through my university, this time I'll send my application to the embassy.

Not mentioning it in the online application is not an option for me.

Your embassy and your local Chinese embassy would usually be the one deciding on that. If you meet the requirements (both documents and quota for the number of required applicants for your country) then the chance of you getting the scholarship is higher.

Best of luck to all of us!

Hi everyone,

I'm from Costa Rica, I'm a little bit worried about the way this application process is handled in my country. Almost all the application process is handled by the ministry of international affairs, they asked me for my grades, study plan and chinese university of preference, just that...nothing more.

I called the consulate because that sounded really weird for me, after a thousand unanswered calls someone answered and said that the international affairs office will choose the best candidates then they will request the rest of the paperwork to the ones who were chosen but I also ask the person about the preadmission letters he told me not to worry about that until I get selected by Inter. Affairs, they will let me know by the 22nd of this month if I was chosen or not, but my main concern is the time frames, what's the latest time CSC application process closes? I see that many of you guys have already obtained the medical check form done, I'm worried that I get selected and the consulate gives me a very short notice to provide the rest of the paperwork... have you ever seen or heard a country with a similar process?

• New Members

Hello everyone...

In terms of your preferred institutions for the scholarship, do people normally get their first choice?

With the photocopy of the physical examination form, i wouldn't need to attach a photo as the passport pic would have already been photocopied with it.....right?

hello,

I am from Malaysia. I want to apply for the undergrad scholarship but have some question.

Do i need to submit recommendation letters? cause i saw on the csc website, they ask postgrad and senior scholars to submit 2 letters.

Thank you.

l.carranza

the Pre-Admission letter is actually part of the requirements listed by CSC. You could obtain that by registering online thru the website of the International College of your chosen University. That takes about within a week for them to confirm, then you'd have to print that out and include it in your CSC application documents.

The deadlines set by your Government office is based on the agreement between them and your local Chinese embassy, who will then recommend the aspiring scholarship applicants to the selected Universities, then to CSC in Mainland China.

If your selected University likes your profile, they will confirm you to CSC. If not, your application will get sent to your #2 choice university, and then #3.

If all 3 universities declines your profile, then that's the time you could decide to pay for your own studies, or try again next year.

All of these happens before the start of the new semester. Just imagine how much your documents will get passed around.

###

LaszloBalogh

There are different ways. Sending email, in my opinion, should be your last option. You could try calling them. Or better yet, go to their office and ask for specifics from them. Deadlines are very crucial.

It would really vary depending on the individual's case. Things may depend on the country of origin, the quota of applicants for that country, specific profile evaluations of your local Chinese Embassy, the quota of scholars to be accepted by your chosen University, specific profile evaluations of your chosen University, specific evaluations of CSC, etc.

Nothing is certain. But everyone may try.

• Like 1

hello weiwuji,

I would like to ask how to register online thru the website of the international college of my selected unis? 

and different unis have different application deadline, does this apply to scholarship applicants as well?

for application, the unis also ask for documents which are almost the same as those required by csc. so, does it mean that i have to submit the documents to the 3 chosen unis and csc?

sorry, my questions might sound stupid because i am really new to the scholarship.

thank you ver much :)

@weiwuji

Thank you again!

I was told by the embassy that it is better for me to apply through them. My chosen uni has told me it's okay for them too.

At the end of the scholarship application form it says: "Each Set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages"

Mine is more than that, around 30 pages. Is that really a problem? I'm only sending the requested documents and there is no way to reduce the number of pages.