Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

• New Members

:help :helpHi, My friend is a Cameroonian she doesn't understand the whole process. Does anyone here know the agency number for Cameroon and their deadlines? Please help. And must she apply with an international passport? Her passport is being processed now will delay or impede her??

@Chris:

I called the DC embassy and confirmed that they do indeed receive scholarship applications. If you need to call, the person in charge of the CSC is:

Mr.Sun Fengshou (Study in China, Public affairs, Accreditation and Chinese Language Promotion)Tel: 202-243-0681; Fax: 202-243-1167; sunfengshou@sino-education.org

Bit confused as to who I should apply to now. The school administrators were quite helpful and willing to accept my application. I wonder if it makes a difference in terms of chances of getting in?

• Like 2

Alex_Hart,

Excellent! Many thanks for that tidbit! Good luck in whittling down your school choices and in the whole application process.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

hello weiwuji,

I would like to ask how to register online thru the website of the international college of my selected unis?

and different unis have different application deadline, does this apply to scholarship applicants as well?

for application, the unis also ask for documents which are almost the same as those required by csc. so, does it mean that i have to submit the documents to the 3 chosen unis and csc?

sorry, my questions might sound stupid because i am really new to the scholarship.

thank you ver much :)

You may check the CSC website directly:

http://en.csc.edu.cn/laihua/indexen.aspx

You may find the websites in each university profile, along with their respective contact information.

They have different deadlines for everything, including scholarships. It would be best to contact each of your chosen University.

There are different kinds of scholarships offered by Universities, and their requirements are also different from each other. It would be best to confirm from the International College of your chosen University the list of requirements they would ask you to submit for a particular scholarship type.

The most common scholarships are CSC, CIS, Provincial, and University.

• Like 1

Hello guys I'm going to apply directly to the university for the chinese language programme my quequestions is

1 do i have to ask them for pre admission letter??andWhich agency number should i use?

2 what going to happen if they rejected my application will they send it back to CSC office or it it might be neglected ?

@susu

The Agency Number depends on whether you're applying to your country's Chinese consulate (in which case they will have their own agency #) or the school. Since you're planning on applying to the school directly, you will need to find their # on their website or call/email to ask. 

Here is a list of agency #'s

http://news.cucas.edu.cn/Admission_Express/Chinese-Universities-Agency-Number-List:-Complete-List-for-Applying-Chinese-Government-Scholarship_2484.html

(I would suggest double checking with the school)

For the pre-admission letter, it seems to depend on the school. I've called two universities and one required a pre-admissions letter while the other said to just send my entire application and they would handle it.

• Like 1

Hello guys I'm going to apply directly to the university for the chinese language programme my quequestions is

1 do i have to ask them for pre admission letter??andWhich agency number should i use?

2 what going to happen if they rejected my application will they send it back to CSC office or it it might be neglected ? 

What happened to me is that the school told me I could use their Agency number and gave me the admission letter at the same time. If you apply with the school directly you should put their agency number. However I'm not sure who you should send your application documents to. Ask the school, they will know.

On this matter I wonder if I have more chances of success if I apply with the school directly, since they advised me to and gave me an admission letter as well as their agency number. Does that mean that I'm almost guaranteed to get the scolarship If I apply with them ?  Quota wise i'm less likely to succeed with the embassy, right ? 

Hello guys, I'm new in here. Is there anybody apply whether master/undergraduate to Harbin University? i applied for master degree last year for 2 years master degree program (English-taught program) and complete all my documents exactly before Harbin University deadline. I apply directly to university because i got someone help me to contact the university which i knew from education fair (a lot of conversations and direct help from them until i cleared all documents in the end).

For master degree they said its preferred that applicant contact the supervisor prior the application, but until now i still couldn't contact them because i have no access yet ( i still don't know prof's contact in Harbin which is on my interest field because they don't publish it on university website).

Last week i just send an e-mail to the person who handle this (Harbin University program coordinator of International Student Center), she said that she will help me to do that and she tell me on the e-mail "we've already got that for you actually, no worries" and told me to wait until June because they are waiting the CSC for how many seat they will get. 

In here i wanna ask for master degree applicant is it better to contact the professor prior the application (before final result announced) or wait until final result announced?

Thank You :)

Got my transcript signed today with 4.7 score

Passing the examination tomorrow and sending my documents to Fujian University of Technology, been thinking about tier1 university but this one is only one who allowed me to sign without diploma

good luck to everyone <3

• Like 2

hi,

⑨Applicants with the Pre-admission Letter/Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package.

⑩Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose the photocopy of it in the application package.

The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) in order. No application documents will be returned.

so if i have both pre admission and hsk certificate, i will enclose the application with hsk right? and does enclose means putting it at the last page?

how should i bound the document? with paper clip? or

and my notarized transcript paper is larger than the other documents, is that okay?

hi,

⑨Applicants with the Pre-admission Letter/Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package.

⑩Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose the photocopy of it in the application package.

The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) in order. No application documents will be returned.

so if i have both pre admission and hsk certificate, i will enclose the application with hsk right? and does enclose means putting it at the last page?

how should i bound the document? with paper clip? or

and my notarized transcript paper is larger than the other documents, is that okay?

Your scholastic records should and/or will not be evaluated based on the size of the paper it has been printed or which paper is on top of whichever paper, or how it has been bounded.

You'll do just fine. Just complete the list, send them in. And wait for the result.

Hello guys, I'm new in here. Is there anybody apply whether master/undergraduate to Harbin University? i applied for master degree last year for 2 years master degree program (English-taught program) and complete all my documents exactly before Harbin University deadline. I apply directly to university because i got someone help me to contact the university which i knew from education fair (a lot of conversations and direct help from them until i cleared all documents in the end).

For master degree they said its preferred that applicant contact the supervisor prior the application, but until now i still couldn't contact them because i have no access yet ( i still don't know prof's contact in Harbin which is on my interest field because they don't publish it on university website).

Last week i just send an e-mail to the person who handle this (Harbin University program coordinator of International Student Center), she said that she will help me to do that and she tell me on the e-mail "we've already got that for you actually, no worries" and told me to wait until June because they are waiting the CSC for how many seat they will get.

In here i wanna ask for master degree applicant is it better to contact the professor prior the application (before final result announced) or wait until final result announced?

Thank You :)

It is better to contact your chosen University's department/college faculty for them to be able to recommend you the procedures for admission and their research guidelines. The college registrar or the International College should be able to assist you on these matters. Coordinate with them directly, as they are the ones who will approve your application, and further recommend you to a scholarship grant.

• Like 2

I just thought of something and wanted to throw this out there to see what the response would be.

I haven't seen anything whatsoever in writing about this, but is there a stipulation for Chinese Government Scholarship recipients that upon conclusion of the duration of their scholarship, they have to leave China for a certain amount of time?

Again, I haven't seen anything to this effect, so I don't want to start any rumors. It's just that I am planning to stay in China to either study further or work again immediately after the conclusion of my 2016-2017 study year.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Time

• Like 1

Ah, OK. Just checking on this, following normal visa duration sure, and then come back in September on a new visa, but there is no stipulation stating something like "Scholarship winners must remain out of China for 6 months following the end of their scholarship" or some hocus pocus like that?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times